    Has anyone used MPIX for printing high qualtiy images?

    TIA

    Louise

    louise, Oct 9, 2005

  2. louise

    Charlie Self Guest

    louise wrote:
    > Has anyone used MPIX for printing high qualtiy images?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Louise

    They have a good reputation. I just ordered a 16x20 as an experiment,
    so will have more info in a week.

    Charlie Self, Oct 9, 2005

  3. louise

    Ed Velez Guest

    I used them for a family wedding and was quite impressed. Nice matte paper.
    Quick turnaround.

    Ed Velez, Oct 9, 2005
  4. louise

    Carl Miller Guest

    On October 09 2005, louise <> wrote:
    > Has anyone used MPIX for printing high qualtiy images?

    I use a lot. I have a 20x30 on canvas from them that is increadible. I
    also use their professional division, Miller Imaging.

    --
    Carl Miller

    www.carlmillerphotos.com

    Carl Miller, Oct 10, 2005
  5. louise

    Owamanga Guest

    On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 07:25:06 GMT, louise <> wrote:

    >Has anyone used MPIX for printing high qualtiy images?
    >
    >TIA
    >
    >Louise

    All the time. Color stuff is superb - they use great paper, the
    metallic is interesting, but somewhat limiting in use and the B&W can
    appear darker / more contrasty than you'd initially expect.

    For B&W order some 6x4 test prints you've prepared in photoshop first
    before placing any large orders.

    One annoying thing is when ordering somewhere between one and five
    copies of a set of 100 pics the process of describing what you want
    can take HOURS due to their clunky and unresponsive web interface.
    And, they don't let you mix paper types within one order. If they
    fixed those two issues, they'd be damn close to perfect.

    --
    Owamanga!
    http://www.pbase.com/owamanga

    Owamanga, Oct 10, 2005