MPG movie files (I recorded on my Sony Cybershot) will not playback on my phone (Sony Ericsson k750i

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by garygray1919@yahoo.com, Feb 15, 2007.

  1. Guest

    I shot some mini movies on my Sony Cybershot camera (5 megapixel
    thing) about 2 or 3 years ago.

    I have the files saved on my hard drive (they are in *.MPG format) -
    the videos play perfectly on my pc (and Mac)

    I now use a Sony Ericsson k750i.

    The videos don't play on my phone

    (they are only mini/fun clips from nights-out and parties - it's
    convenient to play it back on the phone)

    (I no longer have the original camera. It was fairly similar to this
    one: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-DSCP10-Cyber-shot-Digital-Optical/dp/
    B00008O35W )

    So - how can I play the video files back on my Sony Ericson k750i?

    , Feb 15, 2007

  2. Colin Wilson Guest

    > So - how can I play the video files back on my Sony Ericson k750i?

    Try recoding them with something like Super (free) from
    http://www.erightsoft.com

    Its a pain in the ass to find the download link usually, with multiple
    pages of spiel telling you what it can do (and it does _the lot_) but
    hopefully this will help you get there quicker...

    http://www.erightsoft.net/S6Kg1.html

    Scroll right down to the bottom for the download links...

    Colin Wilson, Feb 15, 2007

  3. Guest

    On 15 Feb., 23:09, Colin Wilson
    <> wrote:
    > > So - how can I play the video files back on my Sony Ericson k750i?

    > Try recoding them with something like Super (free) fromhttp://www.erightsoft.com
    >
    > Its a pain in the ass to find the download link usually, with multiple
    > pages of spiel telling you what it can do (and it does _the lot_) but
    > hopefully this will help you get there quicker...
    >
    > http://www.erightsoft.net/S6Kg1.html
    >
    > Scroll right down to the bottom for the download links...

    Thank you

    * I presume this converts MPEG files to 3GP files?
    * if so, is the quality as good (or worse?)

    * I presume it is Windows software. I don't suppose there is any Mac
    software that does this? (I use both platforms - but I prefer to use
    Mac when possible)

    , Feb 16, 2007
  4. Colin Wilson Guest

    > Thank you

    My pleasure :)

    > * I presume this converts MPEG files to 3GP files?
    > * if so, is the quality as good (or worse?)

    3gp is a smaller image size isn't it ? - if that's the case, there has
    to be some loss somewhere...

    > * I presume it is Windows software. I don't suppose there is any Mac
    > software that does this? (I use both platforms - but I prefer to use
    > Mac when possible)

    It is i'm afraid - not sure what convertors there are for a mac, but my
    mate has one and he's fairly well clued up - i'll see if I can find
    out !

    Colin Wilson, Feb 16, 2007
  5. Annika1980 Guest

    On Feb 15, 7:04 pm, wrote:

    > * I presume this converts MPEG files to 3GP files?
    > * if so, is the quality as good (or worse?)

    You're playin video on a cell phone and you're worried about quality?
    It ain't HD.

    Annika1980, Feb 16, 2007
  6. Ian McCall Guest

    On 2007-02-16 00:04:53 +0000, said:

    > * I presume this converts MPEG files to 3GP files?
    > * if so, is the quality as good (or worse?)

    Joining the thread late so apologies if I get the wrong end of the stick...

    Quicktime Pro will export to 3GP, but it won't handle MPEG directly.
    Get the Quicktime MPEG component, then use MPEG Streamclip to export to
    3GP.

    Cheers,
    Ian

    Ian McCall, Feb 16, 2007
  7. Jon Guest

    declared for all the world to hear...

    > I shot some mini movies on my Sony Cybershot camera (5 megapixel
    > thing) about 2 or 3 years ago.
    >
    > I have the files saved on my hard drive (they are in *.MPG format) -
    > the videos play perfectly on my pc (and Mac)
    >

    > I now use a Sony Ericsson k750i.
    >
    > The videos don't play on my phone

    The phone does not support mpeg files. They are far too big.

    > (they are only mini/fun clips from nights-out and parties - it's
    > convenient to play it back on the phone)

    > So - how can I play the video files back on my Sony Ericson k750i?

    Use a media converter. I believe there is one built into the suite of
    software that came with your K750i.
    --
    Regards
    Jon

    Jon, Feb 16, 2007
  8. Colin Wilson Guest

    > It is i'm afraid - not sure what convertors there are for a mac, but my
    > mate has one and he's fairly well clued up - i'll see if I can find
    > out !

    OK, try some of the links on the following site, or search in google for
    the others...

    http://www.pure-mac.com/video.html
    shake
    visualhub