    burn this to a CD to play in my DVD player, not my PC (which plays it, no
    problem)? I have the latest Nero but I'm not sure how to do this.
    Roy
    Fishb8, Apr 20, 2005

  2. Fishb8

    steve Guest

    Fishb8 wrote:
    > I downloaded an episode of the Sopranos from a P2P network (557 Mb). Now it
    > says it's a "mpg", when I look in Explorer it says "movie clip". How can I
    > burn this to a CD to play in my DVD player, not my PC (which plays it, no
    > problem)? I have the latest Nero but I'm not sure how to do this.
    > Roy

    Youhave to convert it into DVD format (a set of standard, defined
    directories and content files that DVD players know to look for).

    Look at one of your movie DVDs bought from the store. The layout needs
    to be like that....and the video file itself needs to be in the required
    format.

    DVD "authoring" packages let you do this. IOf you want to find
    instructions and software, you need to use "DVD author" or "DVD
    authoring" as search keywords.
    steve, Apr 20, 2005

  3. Fishb8

    Nova Guest

    Fishb8 wrote:
    > I downloaded an episode of the Sopranos from a P2P network (557 Mb). Now it
    > says it's a "mpg", when I look in Explorer it says "movie clip". How can I
    > burn this to a CD to play in my DVD player, not my PC (which plays it, no
    > problem)? I have the latest Nero but I'm not sure how to do this.
    > Roy

    Get something like
    Winavi (very fast and simple)
    cucusoft video converter

    They take all the hard work out of it, basically click on the original
    and put a blank dvd in the drive.
    Nova, Apr 20, 2005
  4. Fishb8

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "Nova" <> wrote in message
    > Fishb8 wrote:
    > > I downloaded an episode of the Sopranos from a P2P network (557 Mb). Now

    it
    > > says it's a "mpg", when I look in Explorer it says "movie clip". How can

    > > burn this to a CD to play in my DVD player, not my PC (which plays it,

    no
    > > problem)? I have the latest Nero but I'm not sure how to do this.
    > > Roy
    > >

    > Get something like
    > Winavi (very fast and simple)
    > cucusoft video converter
    >
    > They take all the hard work out of it, basically click on the original
    > and put a blank dvd in the drive.

    He said CD if so, then he needs to convert into SVCD format.
    Craig Sutton, Apr 20, 2005
  5. Fishb8

    GraB Guest

    On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 19:13:44 +1200, "Fishb8" <>
    wrote:

    >I downloaded an episode of the Sopranos from a P2P network (557 Mb). Now it
    >says it's a "mpg", when I look in Explorer it says "movie clip". How can I
    >burn this to a CD to play in my DVD player, not my PC (which plays it, no
    >problem)? I have the latest Nero but I'm not sure how to do this.
    >Roy

    Nero should be able to convert it to a VCD.
    GraB, Apr 20, 2005
  6. Fishb8

    Nova Guest

    Craig Sutton wrote:
    > "Nova" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Fishb8 wrote:
    >>
    >>>I downloaded an episode of the Sopranos from a P2P network (557 Mb). Now

    > it
    >
    >>>says it's a "mpg", when I look in Explorer it says "movie clip". How can

    >>>burn this to a CD to play in my DVD player, not my PC (which plays it,

    > no
    >
    >>>problem)? I have the latest Nero but I'm not sure how to do this.
    >>>Roy
    >>>

    >>Get something like
    >>Winavi (very fast and simple)
    >>cucusoft video converter
    >>
    >>They take all the hard work out of it, basically click on the original
    >>and put a blank dvd in the drive.
    >>

    > He said CD if so, then he needs to convert into SVCD format.

    ahh well they can convert to that also so no problems.
    Nova, Apr 20, 2005
  7. Fishb8

    Dave Taylor Guest

    GraB <> wrote in news:7l4c61dioj7j4mker9bc1bspmkkloulul0
    @4ax.com:

    > Nero should be able to convert it to a VCD.

    Or an SVCD which any DVD player should be able to play.
    Check here for some tips:
    http://www.doom9.org
    If you have the latest version of Nero, just run Nero Express (yuk) and
    follow your nose. Be patient, the conversion may take a while.

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Apr 20, 2005
  8. Fishb8

    Fishb8 Guest

    "GraB" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 19:13:44 +1200, "Fishb8" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I downloaded an episode of the Sopranos from a P2P network (557 Mb). Now
    >>it
    >>says it's a "mpg", when I look in Explorer it says "movie clip". How can I
    >>burn this to a CD to play in my DVD player, not my PC (which plays it, no
    >>problem)? I have the latest Nero but I'm not sure how to do this.
    >>Roy
    >>

    > Nero should be able to convert it to a VCD.

    I do have a DD burner.
    Fishb8, Apr 20, 2005
  9. Fishb8

    Lukagain Guest

    On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 22:09:16 +1200, "Fishb8" <>
    wrote:

    >"GraB" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 19:13:44 +1200, "Fishb8" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I downloaded an episode of the Sopranos from a P2P network (557 Mb). Now
    >>>it
    >>>says it's a "mpg", when I look in Explorer it says "movie clip". How can I
    >>>burn this to a CD to play in my DVD player, not my PC (which plays it, no
    >>>problem)? I have the latest Nero but I'm not sure how to do this.
    >>>Roy
    >>>

    >> Nero should be able to convert it to a VCD.

    >I do have a DD burner.

    NeroVision
    Lukagain, Apr 20, 2005
  10. Fishb8

    grolschie Guest

    "Fishb8" <> wrote in message
    >I downloaded an episode of the Sopranos from a P2P network (557 Mb). Now it
    >says it's a "mpg", when I look in Explorer it says "movie clip". How can I
    >burn this to a CD to play in my DVD player, not my PC (which plays it, no
    >problem)? I have the latest Nero but I'm not sure how to do this.
    > Roy

    The latest Nero has NeroVision Express. This is a DVD movie disc authoring
    tool. Import the file into that and burn to DVD.
    grol
    grolschie, Apr 20, 2005
  11. Fishb8

    geoffm Guest

    wrote:

    >I downloaded an episode of the Sopranos from a P2P network (557 Mb). Now it
    >says it's a "mpg", when I look in Explorer it says "movie clip". How can I
    >burn this to a CD to play in my DVD player, not my PC (which plays it, no
    >problem)? I have the latest Nero but I'm not sure how to do this.
    >Roy

    What is the size (pixels), bitrate, etc. Download Gspot Codec
    Appliance and it will give you all this info.
    Your best bet might be a video CD (S)VCD. Use Nero or VCDeasy to turn
    your mpg into a vcd and burn to CD. Should be straight foward
    Have a look on Videohelp.com
    If it is a .avi, I use TMPG 3 to convert to MPG first. TMPG3 handles
    Divx format avis. If it is Xvid, or you are using an earlier version
    of TMPG, then you will need to decompress the audio track using
    VirtualdubMod.
    If you want to put it on DVD, then use TMPG or similar to convert to
    DVD spec MPG, and use TMPG DVD Author to author the DVD and Nero to
    burn. You will need HEAPS of disk space..
    Geoff
    geoffm, Apr 20, 2005
  12. Fishb8

    Fishb8 Guest

    Thanks for those thoughts. WinAVI certainly does the job. Nero converts but
    changes it from 557 Mb to 950 Mb and can't fit on a CD. Can't seem to get a
    DVD to do the trick but I'll keep at it.
    Roy

    Fishb8, Apr 21, 2005