    My dvd player is a Thomson DTH 195E and it can play MPEGISO on dvd, but i
    don't know what this is. Can anyone tell me wat MPEGISO is

    Greetings
    Maurice, May 27, 2004

  2. On a sunny day (Thu, 27 May 2004 10:36:34 +0200) it happened "Maurice"
    <> wrote in <c949ah$rrk$>:

    >My dvd player is a Thomson DTH 195E and it can play MPEGISO on dvd, but i
    >don't know what this is. Can anyone tell me wat MPEGISO is
    >
    >Greetings

    Probably what is ment is that you can put a MPEG2 file on a normal ISO
    filesystem, and the player will present a file menu.
    You can then play the file xxxx.mpg
    This is different from DVD, as no special file structure is needed (video_ts
    audio_ts, IFO etc).
    JP
    Jan Panteltje, May 27, 2004

  3. Maurice

    Stephen Guest

    I agree. I have a pacific stand alone player and I acn put a DVD data disc
    in the drive, packed with MPG files and mine too presents a menu similar to
    an MP3 player menu, where I can select a file to play, or all files. handy
    if you have captured a TV series on your computer and want to playback on TV
    through your DVD player.

    Stephen.

    Stephen, May 27, 2004