    hooter Guest

    how do I create a mpeg2 format. Is there some free conversion tool?

    thanks

    hooter, Sep 4, 2003

  2. hooter

    gangle Guest

    Could you be more vague? Maybe this is what you are
    asking: TMPGEnc will convert most avi or mpg files to VCD
    or SVCD. http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html

    "hooter" wrote

    gangle, Sep 4, 2003

  3. hooter

    hooter Guest

    you want me to be more vague? ;0)

    the problem is that when trying to burn a mpeg file onto a cd as a vcd
    with NERO it just doesn't work. I'm instructed to use a plugin, with
    i can't seem to find, in order to convert the mpeg file to mpeg2 so it
    can be burned as a vcd.

    thanks for the advice.

    hooter, Sep 4, 2003
  4. On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 11:31:18 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind boggled
    at the following statement by hooter in message

    > you want me to be more vague? ;0)
    >
    > the problem is that when trying to burn a mpeg file onto a cd as a vcd
    > with NERO it just doesn't work. I'm instructed to use a plugin, with
    > i can't seem to find, in order to convert the mpeg file to mpeg2 so it
    > can be burned as a vcd.
    >
    > thanks for the advice.

    You're trying to burn an SVCD rather than a VCD, aren't you? (VCDs are MPEG1
    and SVCDs are MPEG2). VCD support is included in Nero, but SVCDs require the
    MPEG2 encoder. Anyway, the MPEG2 plugin is available from the Nero website
    for $16.00 (US).

    >>Could you be more vague? Maybe this is what you are
    >>asking: TMPGEnc will convert most avi or mpg files to VCD
    >>or SVCD. http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html
    >>
    >>"hooter" wrote
    >>> how do I create a mpeg2 format. Is there some free conversion tool?
    >>>
    >>> thanks

    The Old Sourdough
    No of SETI units returned: 2026
    (Total hours: 35445)
    www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

    The Old Sourdough, Sep 4, 2003
  5. hooter

    gangle Guest

    Mpeg2 is *NOT* VCD. That's why what you were asking
    was vague. VCD is mpeg1. SVCD is Mpeg2, as is
    VOB (DVD mpeg). If all you need to do is make a non-
    VCD compliant mpg1 into a VCD-compliant mpg1 for
    burning, then TMPGEnc will do that easily.

    "hooter" wrote

    gangle, Sep 4, 2003
  6. hooter

    hooter Guest

    thanks people!

    hooter, Sep 4, 2003
  7. hooter

    Shel-hed Guest

    On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 05:09:20 -0700, "gangle" <> wrote in
    24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > If all you need to do is make a non-
    >VCD compliant mpg1 into a VCD-compliant mpg1 for
    >burning, then TMPGEnc will do that easily.

    Will it burn sausages?

    Shel-hed, Sep 4, 2003
  8. hooter

    Liz Guest

    "Shel-hed" wrote:

    > On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 05:09:20 -0700, "gangle" <> wrote in
    > 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    > > If all you need to do is make a non-
    > >VCD compliant mpg1 into a VCD-compliant mpg1 for
    > >burning, then TMPGEnc will do that easily.

    > Will it burn sausages?

    They came char-grilled.

    Liz, Sep 4, 2003
  9. hooter

    trout Guest

    Liz wrote:

    > "Shel-hed" wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 05:09:20 -0700, "gangle" <>
    >> wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>
    >>> If all you need to do is make a non-
    >>> VCD compliant mpg1 into a VCD-compliant mpg1 for
    >>> burning, then TMPGEnc will do that easily.

    >> Will it burn sausages?

    > They came char-grilled.

    Hold the mustard.
    --
    "Far, far away."

    trout, Sep 4, 2003
  10. hooter

    Shel-hed Guest

    On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 12:56:23 -0700, "trout" <> wrote in
    24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >Liz wrote:
    >
    >> "Shel-hed" wrote:

    >>> Will it burn sausages?

    >> They came char-grilled.

    > Hold the mustard.
    >--
    >"Far, far away."

    And no open flames near his exhaust pipe.

    Shel-hed, Sep 4, 2003
  11. hooter

    Liz Guest

    "Shel-hed" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 12:56:23 -0700, "trout" <> wrote in
    > 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    > >Liz wrote:

    > >> They came char-grilled.

    > > Hold the mustard.
    > >--
    > >"Far, far away."

    > And no open flames near his exhaust pipe.

    Deep fry until golden brown.
    http://www.corndogfilms.com/cornpromo.asp

    Liz, Sep 4, 2003
  12. hooter

    Shel-hed Guest

    Shel-hed, Sep 4, 2003
  13. hooter

    Liz Guest

    "Shel-hed" wrote:
    > On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 22:08:42 GMT, "Liz" <> wrote in
    > 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    > >
    > >Deep fry until golden brown.
    > >http://www.corndogfilms.com/cornpromo.asp

    > ROTFLM~1
    > I love the bunny slippers. :)

    They go nicely with the feather hat. :)

    Liz, Sep 5, 2003
  14. hooter

    gangle Guest

    "Shel-hed" wrote
    > On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 05:09:20 -0700, "gangle" wrote in
    > 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    > > If all you need to do is make a non-
    > >VCD compliant mpg1 into a VCD-compliant mpg1 for
    > >burning, then TMPGEnc will do that easily.

    > Will it burn sausages?

    No, but you will burn in hell, along with Taylor and
    that Sourdough prune.

    --
    I am proud to say I have no sausage.

    gangle, Sep 5, 2003