    Could you give me a short answer ?

    Thank you.

    Roman Rumian
    Roman Rumian, Mar 17, 2012

  2. Roman Rumian

    mike Guest

    On Mar 17, 6:20 am, Roman Rumian <> wrote:
    > Dear Friends,
    >
    > what is the contribution of Sony to MPEG2 or MPEG4 video standard ?
    > How do this company participate in the benefits of these standards ?
    > Could you give me a short answer ?
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Roman Rumian

    I"m not sure that I understand your question but I'll try and answer
    it.
    MPEG2 and MPEG4 video standards are determined by a committee that
    Sony may or may not be a part of.
    As a software manufacturer, their job is to ensure that the videos
    produced by their software meet these standards for playback purposes
    in a variety of hardware and software devices.
    The biggest problem is that a lot of these standards are only
    "recommended", not mandatory, which gives all software companies a lot
    of leeway in meeting them.
    Does that answer your question?

    Mike
    mike, Mar 19, 2012