MPEG to JPEG

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Steve Giannoni, Sep 22, 2006.

  1. Need a method to convert a frame from a MPEG to an JPEG .

    Any help, greatly appreciated & thanks .....
    Steve Giannoni, Sep 22, 2006

  2. Steve Giannoni

    Mueen Nawaz Guest

    Steve Giannoni wrote:
    > Need a method to convert a frame from a MPEG to an JPEG .
    >
    > Any help, greatly appreciated & thanks .....

    What OS?

    --
    C program run, C program crash, C programmer cry.

    /\ /\ /\ /
    / \/ \ u e e n / \/ a w a z

    anl
    Mueen Nawaz, Sep 22, 2006

  3. Winsows XP Home, P-IV, 2.4 GHz, 70 GB ....

    Steve Giannoni, Sep 22, 2006
  4. Steve Giannoni wrote:
    > Need a method to convert a frame from a MPEG to an JPEG .
    >
    > Any help, greatly appreciated & thanks .....

    Many editing programs, such as Premiere Elements 2 or 3, or the latest
    version of Studio, allow editing of MPEG files, and will grab frames as
    stills. The default file format for saving these is usually JPEG.
    Don Stauffer in Minnesota, Sep 22, 2006
  5. Steve Giannoni

    Guest

    Steve Giannoni wrote:
    > Need a method to convert a frame from a MPEG to an JPEG .
    >
    > Any help, greatly appreciated & thanks .....

    Well, if it's just one frame, you could always play the movie, pause on
    the frame you want, take a screen capture, and then dump it into your
    favorite image editing program. Ctrl+PrintScreen to copy the screen
    image to the clipboard.

    -Gniewko
    , Sep 22, 2006
  6. Steve Giannoni

    Clive Guest

    Adobe Premiere, but a bit of an overkill for one frame. Alternately, as
    someone else mentioned, pause the movie and print screen. Then paste into
    photo editing software.

    Post the link to the MPEG and tell me the frame you want and I will convert
    if for you if you want. However, bear in mind that movie files are usually
    low resolution, so you will not get any better image quality that the
    original, especially if it was encoded at a low resolution/bit rate.

    Clive, Sep 22, 2006
  7. Steve Giannoni

    rowan194 Guest

    wrote:
    > Steve Giannoni wrote:
    > > Need a method to convert a frame from a MPEG to an JPEG .
    > >
    > > Any help, greatly appreciated & thanks .....

    > Well, if it's just one frame, you could always play the movie, pause on
    > the frame you want, take a screen capture, and then dump it into your
    > favorite image editing program. Ctrl+PrintScreen to copy the screen
    > image to the clipboard.

    That trick doesn't always work these days, unless you disable hardware
    graphics acceleration. Try it and see. :)
    rowan194, Sep 27, 2006