    OS is Win XP Home SP2

    Thanks in Advance
    Mike
    Michael Dodsworth, Dec 30, 2006

  2. Michael Dodsworth

    thanatoid Guest

    "Michael Dodsworth" <>
    wrote in news:slklh.28479$:

    > Hi all,
    > I have a 1.2 Gb mpeg file on my pc and would like to resize
    > it to preferably below 1Gb so i can fit it onto a memory
    > card. The file its self is an aprox 2hr long movie and i
    > need to keep it in the mpeg file for purposes of seeing if
    > its possible to get it to play on my mobile phone. I was
    > wondering if anybody has any good suggestions for free
    > programmes for shrinking the file size of mpegs and would
    > be grateful for any help in this matter.
    > OS is Win XP Home SP2
    >
    > Thanks in Advance
    > Mike

    There is a variety of video converters and encoders, some of the
    latest ones (vidX, Xvid etc.) achieve exceptional quality with
    very high compression. Of course, you have to have the right
    codecs etc. installed, and do some tests and calculations.

    Google, I have no specific suggestions, there's just too much
    out there and everyone has a different favorite. You might want
    to read some posts in video groups also, or maybe even ask
    there.

    thanatoid, Dec 30, 2006

  3. "thanatoid" <> wrote in message
    > "Michael Dodsworth" <>
    > wrote in news:slklh.28479$:
    >
    >> Hi all,
    >> I have a 1.2 Gb mpeg file on my pc and would like to resize
    >> it to preferably below 1Gb so i can fit it onto a memory
    >> card. The file its self is an aprox 2hr long movie and i
    >> need to keep it in the mpeg file for purposes of seeing if
    >> its possible to get it to play on my mobile phone. I was
    >> wondering if anybody has any good suggestions for free
    >> programmes for shrinking the file size of mpegs and would
    >> be grateful for any help in this matter.
    >> OS is Win XP Home SP2
    >>
    >> Thanks in Advance
    >> Mike

    > There is a variety of video converters and encoders, some of the
    > latest ones (vidX, Xvid etc.) achieve exceptional quality with
    > very high compression. Of course, you have to have the right
    > codecs etc. installed, and do some tests and calculations.
    >
    > Google, I have no specific suggestions, there's just too much
    > out there and everyone has a different favorite. You might want
    > to read some posts in video groups also, or maybe even ask
    > there.
    >

    > --
    > Disagreements and the usual insults expected and welcomed.

    Cheers for the reply, I will have a look at the ones suggested and will take
    a look in the video groups.
    Mike
    Michael Dodsworth, Dec 30, 2006
  4. Michael Dodsworth

    seymour Guest

    i use windows movie maker
    you can reduce 1.2gb by at least 50% and it is still very watchable

    seymour, Dec 30, 2006