    I don't think this is complicated but I definitely could use some advice
    from an expert.
    Thanks in advance.

    Norman, Nov 14, 2003

  2. Norman

    Brian Guest

    Get Virtualdub.

    "Norman" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I downloaded a movie and I would like to cut it on a couple of cd's to

    watch
    > it on my tv rather than my computer. It came as microsoft video but I

    think

    Brian, Nov 14, 2003

  3. Norman

    Mike F Guest

    "Norman" <> wrote in message
    > I downloaded a movie and I would like to cut it on a couple of cd's to

    watch
    > it on my tv rather than my computer. It came as microsoft video but I

    think
    > it first has to be converted to MPEG video/audio stream.
    > I don't think this is complicated but I definitely could use some advice
    > from an expert.
    > Thanks in advance.

    You posted this exact same message two days ago, yet failed to reply when
    help was given to you. Are you just spamming or do you actually need help?

    Mike

    Mike F, Nov 14, 2003
  4. On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 17:16:22 +1100, "Mike F"
    <cachuck***nospam***@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >You posted this exact same message two days ago, yet failed to reply when
    >help was given to you. Are you just spamming or do you actually need help?
    >
    >Mike

    He's one of those people that expects others to e-mail the help to him
    so that he does not have to read the NG. Just a lazy SOB.

    Mischa

    Mischa van Dinter, Nov 14, 2003
  5. "Norman" <> wrote in message
    > I downloaded a movie and I would like to cut it on a couple of cd's to

    watch
    > it on my tv rather than my computer. It came as microsoft video but I

    think
    > it first has to be converted to MPEG video/audio stream.
    > I don't think this is complicated but I definitely could use some advice
    > from an expert.
    > Thanks in advance.

    Hello Canadian....

    What you are asking us to help you with is to aid your illegal activites.
    Now, maybe the law is different with regards to your country, Canada.
    However, since you did not say which movie, I can only assume it is an
    American movie. These movies are copyright of the MPAA, and the US
    Copyright Law will seek to uphold these laws for international users.

    Therefore, there is no reason for me or anybody else to help you further
    stomp all over the MPAA and US Copyright Laws, therefore I will not, others
    should follow and take a staunch stand against these foreigners wishing to
    pirate our movies.

    Try http://www.amazon.ca/ they can probably help you out, and the US will
    let them.

    Anonymous Joe, Nov 17, 2003
  6. Norman

    John Smith Guest

    "Anonymous Joe" <> wrote in message
    > "Norman" <> wrote in message
    > > I downloaded a movie and I would like to cut it on a couple of cd's to

    > watch
    > > it on my tv rather than my computer. It came as microsoft video but I

    > think
    > > it first has to be converted to MPEG video/audio stream.
    > > I don't think this is complicated but I definitely could use some advice
    > > from an expert.
    > > Thanks in advance.

    > Hello Canadian....
    >
    > What you are asking us to help you with is to aid your illegal activites.
    > Now, maybe the law is different with regards to your country, Canada.
    > However, since you did not say which movie, I can only assume it is an
    > American movie. These movies are copyright of the MPAA, and the US
    > Copyright Law will seek to uphold these laws for international users.
    >
    > Therefore, there is no reason for me or anybody else to help you further
    > stomp all over the MPAA and US Copyright Laws, therefore I will not,

    others
    > should follow and take a staunch stand against these foreigners wishing to
    > pirate our movies.
    >
    > Try http://www.amazon.ca/ they can probably help you out, and the US will
    > let them.

    This may have been an uncopyrighted movie or clip. He did not say it was
    copyrighted so I will assume it is not. Assuming that is the case, try the
    nero 6 trial version and copy the movie as an SVCD or VCD (the menus are
    very easy to follow). There are other trial authoring tools available such
    as TMPGenc (Author), which is very common and can both author and burn your
    VCD/SVCD like nero but is $50.00 US cheaper for the registered version (free
    for the trial version like nero 6). If you want to be more certain of being
    able to watch the clip, know that most DVD players will also play VCD, and
    many (but not as many), also play SVCD. Also, if your mpg is mpeg1 and you
    know it, just author it as a VCD; it will save you time. Mpeg2 gives you a
    much better picture - SVCD is mpeg2. You cannot make your VCD look better
    than the source. Of course, this ng does not support illegal activities but
    the gent did not actually need to tell you this! That is this is common
    knowledge in this ng. Still, there are many indpendent films out there, some
    of which are much better than the copyrighted MPAA releases, and in any case
    you are entitled 'fair use' in the USA and perhaps more in Canada.
    Obviously, the internet knows no national boundaries although our less
    enlightened govt officials have no idea of what is or is not possible to
    regulate on a server or client in, say, the Bahamas or Canada, which I
    remind the other poster are independent soveriegn states, whether the US
    legislature believes it or not. Having said that, this ng assumes compliance
    with USA law.

    John Smith, Nov 18, 2003