    --
    Regards
    Madsen

    Thomas G. Madsen, Oct 1, 2005

  2. Thomas G. Madsen wrote:

    > I wonder why I can't play MPEG 1 files in neither Zoom Player Pro
    > or Media Player in WinXP x64 Edition.

    I meant neither Zoom Player Pro _nor_ Media Player. Sorry.

    --
    Regards
    Madsen

    Thomas G. Madsen, Oct 1, 2005

  3. Thomas G. Madsen wrote:

    > I wonder why I can't play MPEG 1 files in neither Zoom Player Pro
    > or Media Player in WinXP x64 Edition.

    Well, actually it's stranger than that because I can play them the
    first time I open them, but if I open up another movie or close
    the player down and open the same movie again, there's only a black
    screen, and it's the same thing with DivX encoded AVIs.

    According to AVIcodec, all the needed codecs are installed.

    --
    Regards
    Madsen

    Thomas G. Madsen, Oct 1, 2005
  4. Thomas G. Madsen

    Mirko Guest

    Maybe your graphics card has problems displaying video in "overlay" mode.
    You could try to disable the use of "overlays" and see what happens then.

    Btw, what model is your graphics card and which driver version are you
    using?

    "Thomas G. Madsen" <> :...

    Mirko, Oct 2, 2005
  5. Mirko wrote:

    > Maybe your graphics card has problems displaying video in
    > "overlay" mode. You could try to disable the use of "overlays"
    > and see what happens then.

    I don't know how to disable overlay mode. There's an overlay
    setting in my graphic card driver, but everything in there is
    grayed out (same thing on my WinXP x86 installation, by the way).

    > Btw, what model is your graphics card and which driver version
    > are you using?

    Sorry that I forgot to mention that.

    It's an Asus Radeon X800 Pro and I have just installed the newest
    ATI driver for x64:
    <https://support.ati.com/ics/support/KBList.asp?folderID=368> but
    it's the same thing. I have only XviD-1.0.3-20122004.exe from this
    page: <http://www.koepi.org/xvid.shtml> installed right now and if
    I open a XVID Mpeg-4 encoded AVI in either Zoom Player Pro 4.5 or
    Windows Media Player 10, I have both video and sound but only until
    I press on stop and play again, closing the media player down or
    picks another video clip, because if I do that, there's no video.
    Only sound and I have to restart Windows to get the video back.

    Turning hardware acceleration all the way down, doesn't work either.

    --
    Regards
    Madsen

    Thomas G. Madsen, Oct 2, 2005
  6. Thomas G. Madsen

    Mirko Guest

    Radeon X800 (Pro) + latest Catalyst driver is pretty much a standard
    configuration which "should" work. (including the overlay mode)

    But anyway, to disable the use of "overlays" in Windows Media Player 10 go
    to Tools -> Options then click the "Performance" tab and then click the
    "Advanced..." button.

    "Thomas G. Madsen" <> :...

    Mirko, Oct 2, 2005
  7. Mirko wrote:

    > Radeon X800 (Pro) + latest Catalyst driver is pretty much a
    > standard configuration which "should" work. (including the
    > overlay mode)

    But unfortunately it doesn't. Should I contact ATI or is it a
    WinXP x64 problem?

    > But anyway, to disable the use of "overlays" in Windows Media
    > Player 10 go to Tools -> Options then click the "Performance"
    > tab and then click the "Advanced..." button.

    And it works if I disable overlay in Windows Media Player.
    I will search for a similar option in Zoom Player Pro 4.5.

    --
    Regards
    Madsen

    Thomas G. Madsen, Oct 2, 2005
  8. The WMP overlay tweak is identical to a buggy nVidia driver one.
    Funny it also applies to ATI.
    Another workaround with nVidia buggy driver was to apply color correction to
    "everything" instead of "desktop" in nVidia Control Panel.
    I don't know if there is a similar option with ATI Control Panel.
    That should work it out for al the players installed in your machine.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 2, 2005
  9. Carlos wrote:

    > Another workaround with nVidia buggy driver was to apply color
    > correction to "everything" instead of "desktop" in nVidia
    > Control Panel. I don't know if there is a similar option with
    > ATI Control Panel.

    I only have an option to set color correction for 'Desktop' or 'Full
    Screen 3D' but applying a correction for the desktop doesn't fix the
    problem in Zoom Player, and I guess that a correction to 3D wouldn't
    fix it either.

    I haven't found out how to disable overlay in Zoom Player Pro yet.

    --
    Regards
    Madsen

    Thomas G. Madsen, Oct 2, 2005