MPAA trying to slip Broadcast flag bill (third try)

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Imhotep, Sep 28, 2005.

  1. Imhotep

    Imhotep Guest

    I know this is not a security post, my apologies, however my disgust with
    MPAA and how they try to push laws in the US forced me to post it here just
    to keep people up to date. Currently, the MPAA is trying to slip the
    broadcast flag bill with other bills in Congress (an all to common tactic
    in the US). It is my understanding that this will prevent people for
    copying movies. My problem is this. I tape sports, etc. I have for 10 years
    or so. What is wrong with that?

    When will the MPAA just die off and wither away? I can only wish it was
    soon.

    Anyway...

    http://politics.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/09/27/181214&from=rss

    Im