MPAA at it again

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Goro, Nov 4, 2005.

  1. Goro

    Goro Guest

    Goro, Nov 4, 2005

  2. is it only films these clowns are hammerning or does it imclude music,
    bootlegs, official cd`s etc, its always people getting done who are doing
    films ?.

    howie feltersnatch, Nov 4, 2005

  3. Goro

    Goro Guest

    well, MPAA goes after movies/DVDs. RIAA goes after CDs/mp3s.

    -goro-

    Goro, Nov 4, 2005
  4. Goro

    Jeff Rife Guest

    Goro () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    > This time suing a grandfather $600k b/c his 12yo grandson downloaded 4
    > DVDs, all of which he deleted and 3 of which they already had in
    > physical form.
    >
    > http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051102/ap_on_hi_te/movie_downloads

    Notice in this article that the number fairies are at it again, making up
    things to shock people:

    "Illegal downloading costs the movie industry an estimated $5.4 billion
    a year, she [Kori Bernards, vice president of corporate communications
    for MPAA] said."

    Earlier this year, the *total* estimated loss due to piracy was less than
    $3 billion per year, and that included the "industrial" piracy that takes
    place in many countries.

    --
    Jeff Rife | Coach: How's life, Norm?

    Jeff Rife, Nov 4, 2005
  5. Goro

    Biz Guest

    "howie feltersnatch" <> wrote in message
    > is it only films these clowns are hammerning or does it imclude music,
    > bootlegs, official cd`s etc, its always people getting done who are doing
    > films ?.

    Think about it and the answer will come to you....
    Biz, Nov 4, 2005
  6. Goro

    Aphelion Guest

    > This time suing a grandfather $600k b/c his 12yo grandson downloaded 4
    > DVDs, all of which he deleted and 3 of which they already had in
    > physical form.

    Good! I hope he beats the shit out of his grandson.

    Aphelion
    Aphelion, Nov 5, 2005