    Any freebie recoders that will do mp4 to mp2 or avi?

    Thanks
    , Nov 13, 2005

  2. Jeff Rife Guest

    () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    > Any freebie recoders that will do mp4 to mp2 or avi?

    MPEG-4 to AVI of various sorts (AVI is just a container) is possible
    through a lot of free programs (VirtualDub, Windows Media Encoder, etc.)
    as long as you have the codecs installed. MPEG-2 compressors tend to cost
    money, although there are free ones. If you buy most any new DVD drive,
    you get Nero OEM which has NeroVision, which will do MPEG-4 to MPEG-2.

    Read up a bit a http://www.videohelp.com/ and I think you can find
    something free.

    --
    Jeff Rife |
    Jeff Rife, Nov 13, 2005

  3. Guest

    I found it in Nero, thanks. It was not clear.
    , Nov 20, 2005