    because they r protected. does nyone no how to get mp3s? or r these
    phones actually useless as music players?
    , Jul 9, 2007

  2. ded Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >i dont no if this is the rite place but still. i have a fone that
    > plays mp3s but wenever any song is downloaded from the net to my pc it
    > comes up as either wma or mpeg 4. and converters wont convert them
    > because they r protected. does nyone no how to get mp3s? or r these
    > phones actually useless as music players?

    Also Your spellcheck is malfunctioning.

    You are downloading copy protected files - digital rights management.
    If your "fone" only plays MP3's then that is what you have to download.
    ded, Jul 9, 2007

  3. Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 22:51:51 +0100, "ded"
    <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >>i dont no if this is the rite place but still. i have a fone that
    >> plays mp3s but wenever any song is downloaded from the net to my pc it
    >> comes up as either wma or mpeg 4. and converters wont convert them
    >> because they r protected. does nyone no how to get mp3s? or r these
    >> phones actually useless as music players?
    >>

    >Also Your spellcheck is malfunctioning.
    >
    >You are downloading copy protected files - digital rights management.
    >If your "fone" only plays MP3's then that is what you have to download.

    Google Groups at its finest.
    Evan Platt, Jul 9, 2007
  4. Guest

    , Jul 9, 2007
  5. Guest

    wrote:

    >i dont no if this is the rite place but still. i have a fone that
    >plays mp3s but wenever any song is downloaded from the net to my pc it
    >comes up as either wma or mpeg 4. and converters wont convert them
    >because they r protected. does nyone no how to get mp3s? or r these
    >phones actually useless as music players?

    You purchased the mp3 you have every right to use it however you want.

    That said, you need to remove the DRM protecting the MP3.

    Google like: MP3 <the service you downloaded it from> fairuse DRM

    If they are coming up as WMA you might be able to remove the DRM with
    this site http://tinyurl.com/yxcscb
    --

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDVC1Ex9kAA
    , Jul 9, 2007