    cannot be created".

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks.

    Morley Shulman, May 26, 2005

  2. Morley Shulman

    Terry Joyce Guest

    Morley Shulman wrote:
    > I've converted some of my c.d.'s into mp3 files. However, when I try to
    > save them to my player, I get the following message:
    >
    > "Cannot copy ___________ (the name of the song). The file or directory
    > cannot be created".
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    Did you use a media player that has "digital rights" built into it?
    {Windows Media player} Try using Audio grabber or something other than WMP.
    Tee Jay

    Terry Joyce, May 26, 2005

  3. It is Windows media player but it's worked fine in the past. I've been able
    to do this with other c.d.'s. For some reason all the ones I ripped last
    night won't save onto my player.

    Morley Shulman, May 26, 2005
  4. Morley Shulman

    Terry Joyce Guest

    Morley Shulman wrote:
    > It is Windows media player but it's worked fine in the past. I've been able
    > to do this with other c.d.'s. For some reason all the ones I ripped last
    > night won't save onto my player.

    > "Terry Joyce" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Morley Shulman wrote:
    >>
    >>>I've converted some of my c.d.'s into mp3 files. However, when I try to
    >>>save them to my player, I get the following message:
    >>>
    >>>"Cannot copy ___________ (the name of the song). The file or directory
    >>>cannot be created".
    >>>
    >>>Any suggestions?

    >>Did you use a media player that has "digital rights" built into it?
    >>{Windows Media player} Try using Audio grabber or something other than
    >>WMP.

    Start/Programs/Media Player/Tools/Options/Rip Music/ Take check out of
    "Copy Protect Music"

    Terry Joyce, May 27, 2005
  5. There was no check in the copy protect box. Perhaps I'll have to download a
    program that can also convert Wave to mp3's and see how that goes.

    Thanks.

    Morley

    Morley Shulman, Jun 1, 2005
  6. Morley Shulman wrote:

    [...]

    Try some free app to convert from CD to MP3.
    http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/

    No need to reeeeeconvert after from wav to MP3. This application include
    also connected to a internet music database. So when you use the program,
    you cant dowload the titles and artist, so you do not write anything about
    artist, title, time ...

    --
    David Van Mosselbeen - DVM
    http://dvm.zapto.org:3333