mp3s to Sony mini disc player - how?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Martin ©¿©¬ @mandeREMOVETHIS.plus.com, Jan 5, 2005.

  1. Hi
    been trying to write mp3s to my mini disc player, which has all sort
    of restrictions for piracy etc on the Sony software.

    The text below from a message board explains the process of using
    Nero, and writing an image file which is fine, but when it comes to
    step 3 and 'mounting' the image file as a virtual drive so that simple
    burn can see it - do you know how to do this ?
    I found a quick and easy way to get my mp3's onto my MD by using
    Simple Burn. I haven't seen this on any other post and my apologies if
    I'm just repeating someone else's idea.

    CAVEAT- you need Nero, and nero's imagedrive, or something similar
    that can create a virtual CD disc image, and mount it to your desktop.

    Five easy steps to a clean and hassle free mp3-md burn:
    1. Open nero, select Audio CD from the presets and drag all the MP3's
    you want into it. Nero is far less picky about formats and sample
    rates. I found this method foolproof.

    2. Save or 'Burn' your cd to your hard drive (not your burner). Nero
    will give you a default filename of 'image.nrg'

    3. Use Nero's imagedrive (bundled with nero) to mount the .nrg you
    just created. Lets say for this example, drive 'F'

    I'm not an expert, but I found these 3 steps took around 2 MINUTES or
    less for a regular sized audio cd, ie: about 10 mp3 tracks to be
    converted and 'burned' to my hard drive as a regular audio CD 'image'.
    I have a PIII 1gig, so that would have helped with the mp3-aif
    conversion times. Faster machine=faster mp3 conversion=faster image
    creation.

    Now If you know how to use Simple Burn, the rest as they say, goes
    without saying.

    4. Select your 'virtual F' cd drive in Simple Burn & burn that sucker.

    5. When you're done, trash the .nrg file sitting on your desktop
    (large file).

    Martin
    ©¿©¬
    Martin ©¿©¬ @mandeREMOVETHIS.plus.com, Jan 5, 2005