    Has anyone done this successfully?

    Cheers

    D.

    Diogenes, Aug 31, 2006

  2. Diogenes

    Guest

    On 31 Aug 2006 03:51:45 -0700, "Diogenes" <> wrote:

    >Dumping 5 megs of wma/mp3 to dvd for playback on the standalone player
    >seemed like a good idea.... but either I've burnt incorrectly or the
    >standalones are too dumb, or both.
    >Has anyone done this successfully?
    >
    >Cheers
    >
    >D.

    My Player does not like DVD's, may be that is the reason..

    , Aug 31, 2006

  3. Diogenes

    Shank Guest

    Diogenes wrote:
    > Dumping 5 megs of wma/mp3 to dvd for playback on the standalone player
    > seemed like a good idea.... but either I've burnt incorrectly or the
    > standalones are too dumb, or both.
    > Has anyone done this successfully?
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > D.

    Does your dvd player play mp3s?

    5 mb seems a waste of a dvd. Even converted to .wav it wouldn't fill a
    cd unless the tracks are high bitrate. Did you mean 5gb?

    Shank, Aug 31, 2006
  4. Diogenes

    Allistar Guest

    Diogenes wrote:

    > Dumping 5 megs of wma/mp3 to dvd for playback on the standalone player
    > seemed like a good idea.... but either I've burnt incorrectly or the
    > standalones are too dumb, or both.

    5 megs? That's probably 1 song - two at the most. Are you sure you don't
    mean "gigs"?

    > Has anyone done this successfully?

    No, but it would be up to the DVD player as to whether it can play MP3's.
    Are you sure that yours can?

    > Cheers
    >
    > D.

    Allistar.

    Allistar, Aug 31, 2006
  5. Diogenes

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Diogenes wrote:
    > Dumping 5 megs of wma/mp3 to dvd for playback on the standalone player
    > seemed like a good idea.... but either I've burnt incorrectly or the
    > standalones are too dumb, or both.
    > Has anyone done this successfully?
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > D.

    This is something that really annoys me. I have three DVD players that all
    play mp3s but _only_ _on_ _CD_ _media_!

    How annoying is that? I'd like nothing better than to burn all my mp3s to
    DVD-/+R for listening to on a stand-alone. However, none of these will do
    it.

    I assume that it's a limitation on how many filenames they can handle maybe.
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Sep 1, 2006
  6. Diogenes

    PeeCee Guest

    "Diogenes" <> wrote in message
    > Dumping 5 megs of wma/mp3 to dvd for playback on the standalone player
    > seemed like a good idea.... but either I've burnt incorrectly or the
    > standalones are too dumb, or both.
    > Has anyone done this successfully?
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > D.

    Not completely up to speed on the details, but I believe one way is to
    create a Movie that has the MP3's inserted as the sound track.
    Making the Video portion as small as possible allows the maximum amount of
    space to be allocated to the sound tracks.

    Paul.

    PeeCee, Sep 1, 2006
  7. Diogenes

    Diogenes Guest

    PeeCee wrote:
    > "Diogenes" <> wrote in message
    > > Dumping 5 megs of wma/mp3 to dvd for playback on the standalone player
    > > seemed like a good idea.... but either I've burnt incorrectly or the
    > > standalones are too dumb, or both.
    > > Has anyone done this successfully?
    > >
    > > Cheers
    > >
    > > D.

    > Not completely up to speed on the details, but I believe one way is to
    > create a Movie that has the MP3's inserted as the sound track.
    > Making the Video portion as small as possible allows the maximum amount of
    > space to be allocated to the sound tracks.
    >
    > Paul.

    Sneeky Paul.... but I certainly hadn't thought of that one. Hadn't
    thought either to remove megs & insert the intended gigs in my original
    post.

    Diogenes, Sep 1, 2006
  8. Diogenes

    Diogenes Guest

    Allistar wrote:
    > Diogenes wrote:
    >
    > > Dumping 5 megs of wma/mp3 to dvd for playback on the standalone player
    > > seemed like a good idea.... but either I've burnt incorrectly or the
    > > standalones are too dumb, or both.

    > 5 megs? That's probably 1 song - two at the most. Are you sure you don't
    > mean "gigs"?
    >
    > > Has anyone done this successfully?

    > No, but it would be up to the DVD player as to whether it can play MP3's.
    > Are you sure that yours can?
    >
    > > Cheers
    > >
    > > D.

    > Allistar.

    Yeah Allistar, gigs! All the players do mp3, some do wma as well.

    Cheers

    Diogenes, Sep 1, 2006
  9. Diogenes

    Guest

    Diogenes wrote:
    > Yeah Allistar, gigs! All the players do mp3, some do wma as well.

    Who told you that? There is no requirement for a DVD player to play
    MP3s. Most or all recent ones can but there is no requirement and most
    older ones don't.

    , Sep 8, 2006
  10. Diogenes

    Mark C Guest

    "Diogenes" <> wrote in

    > Dumping 5 megs of wma/mp3 to dvd for playback on the standalone
    > player seemed like a good idea.... but either I've burnt
    > incorrectly or the standalones are too dumb, or both.
    > Has anyone done this successfully?

    Some DVD players play MP3s.

    Of those players, some play MP3s on on DVDs *and* CDs, and some only
    play MP3s on CDs only (not on DVDs).

    Go here:
    http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers
    .... and note the "DVD-MP3" checkbox.

    Search for your player (or similar models?) and see if they have that
    feature listed under the "more features" section.

    Mark

    Mark C, Sep 9, 2006
  11. Diogenes

    Allistar Guest

    Diogenes wrote:

    > Allistar wrote:
    >> Diogenes wrote:
    >>
    >> > Dumping 5 megs of wma/mp3 to dvd for playback on the standalone player
    >> > seemed like a good idea.... but either I've burnt incorrectly or the
    >> > standalones are too dumb, or both.

    >> 5 megs? That's probably 1 song - two at the most. Are you sure you don't
    >> mean "gigs"?
    >>
    >> > Has anyone done this successfully?

    >> No, but it would be up to the DVD player as to whether it can play MP3's.
    >> Are you sure that yours can?
    >>
    >> > Cheers
    >> >
    >> > D.

    >> Allistar.

    > Yeah Allistar, gigs! All the players do mp3, some do wma as well.

    One of our DVD players doesn't play mp3's, wmvs or oggs.

    Allistar.

    Allistar, Sep 10, 2006
  12. Diogenes

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Allistar wrote:
    > Diogenes wrote:
    >

    > > Allistar wrote:

    > > > 5 megs? That's probably 1 song - two at the most. Are you sure
    > > > you don't mean "gigs"?

    > > > No, but it would be up to the DVD player as to whether it can
    > > > play MP3's. Are you sure that yours can?

    > > > Allistar.

    > > Yeah Allistar, gigs! All the players do mp3, some do wma as well.

    > One of our DVD players doesn't play mp3's, wmvs or oggs.

    And like I said, a lot of players don't do mp3s on DVD media, only CD media.
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Sep 10, 2006
  13. Diogenes

    Allistar Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:

    > Allistar wrote:
    >> Diogenes wrote:

    >> > Yeah Allistar, gigs! All the players do mp3, some do wma as well.

    >> One of our DVD players doesn't play mp3's, wmvs or oggs.

    > And like I said, a lot of players don't do mp3s on DVD media, only CD
    > media.

    Odd isn't it? The media and the format are unrelated, which suprises me that
    you cannot play mp3s off a DVD. I'd love to have an mp3 player in my car
    that takes DVDs as well as CDs - I could fit my entire collection on one
    disc.

    Allistar.

    Allistar, Sep 10, 2006
  14. Diogenes

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Allistar wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    > > And like I said, a lot of players don't do mp3s on DVD media, only
    > > CD media.

    > Odd isn't it? The media and the format are unrelated, which suprises
    > me that you cannot play mp3s off a DVD. I'd love to have an mp3
    > player in my car that takes DVDs as well as CDs - I could fit my
    > entire collection on one disc.

    Exactly. And who would need an iPod if they could have an mp3 DVD-R discman?
    4.7GB per disc and cents for each blank disc. Also, surely they'd only cost
    around $150 too. I've been waiting for this innovation ever since the ex got
    an mp3 CD discman years ago. Seems it ain't gonna happen. I wonder why not?
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Sep 11, 2006