    When I click an MP3 on the net, instead of loading into winamp it loads into
    the browser as text.

    What's going on?

    Rud, Feb 1, 2004

  2. Rud

    °Mike° Guest

    Clear your cache. Open Windows Explorer and go to
    Tools / Folder Options / File Types. Find mp3, and
    press 'Advanced'. Make sure that 'Confirm open
    after download' is checked. Also, be sure that
    mp3s are associated with Winamp.

    On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 01:29:42 GMT, in
    <aEYSb.33379$>
    Rud scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Feb 1, 2004

  3. Rud

    Rud Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > Clear your cache. Open Windows Explorer and go to
    > Tools / Folder Options / File Types. Find mp3, and
    > press 'Advanced'. Make sure that 'Confirm open
    > after download' is checked. Also, be sure that
    > mp3s are associated with Winamp.

    Nope. Doesn't change a thing.

    MP3's are already associated with Winamp and clearing my cache didn't do
    anything.

    When I an MP3 link, I don't even get a message box asking me what I want to
    do with it i.e. save it to disk etc. What is strange though is IE normally
    asks me if I want it to remember the playing settings/preferences and it
    isn't. If I click the restore to default IE button will I lose the contents
    of my favourites list?

    Rud, Feb 1, 2004
  4. Rud

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 03:03:23 GMT, in
    <%%ZSb.33508$>
    Rud scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Clear your cache. Open Windows Explorer and go to
    >> Tools / Folder Options / File Types. Find mp3, and
    >> press 'Advanced'. Make sure that 'Confirm open
    >> after download' is checked. Also, be sure that
    >> mp3s are associated with Winamp.
    >>

    >Nope. Doesn't change a thing.
    >
    >MP3's are already associated with Winamp and clearing my cache didn't do
    >anything.
    >
    >When I an MP3 link, I don't even get a message box asking me what I want to
    >do with it i.e. save it to disk etc. What is strange though is IE normally
    >asks me if I want it to remember the playing settings/preferences and it
    >isn't. If I click the restore to default IE button will I lose the contents
    >of my favourites list?

    You never mentioned anything about the most important
    part of my advice: "Confirm open after download".

    The restore to default IE button restores your default
    search pages, nothing more.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Feb 1, 2004
  5. Rud

    Rud Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 03:03:23 GMT, in
    > <%%ZSb.33508$>
    > Rud scrawled:
    >

    > >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > >> Clear your cache. Open Windows Explorer and go to
    > >> Tools / Folder Options / File Types. Find mp3, and
    > >> press 'Advanced'. Make sure that 'Confirm open
    > >> after download' is checked. Also, be sure that
    > >> mp3s are associated with Winamp.
    > >>

    > >Nope. Doesn't change a thing.
    > >
    > >MP3's are already associated with Winamp and clearing my cache didn't do
    > >anything.
    > >
    > >When I an MP3 link, I don't even get a message box asking me what I want

    > >do with it i.e. save it to disk etc. What is strange though is IE

    normally
    > >asks me if I want it to remember the playing settings/preferences and it
    > >isn't. If I click the restore to default IE button will I lose the

    contents
    > >of my favourites list?

    > You never mentioned anything about the most important
    > part of my advice: "Confirm open after download".

    As I said. It doesn't change a thing. It was already ticked.

    > The restore to default IE button restores your default
    > search pages, nothing more.

    So it doesn't restore your preferences back to default?

    Rud, Feb 1, 2004
  6. Rud

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 03:18:42 GMT, in
    <me_Sb.33526$>
    Rud scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message

    <snip>

    >> The restore to default IE button restores your default
    >> search pages, nothing more.

    >So it doesn't restore your preferences back to default?

    Let's be sure exactly what you are talking about here.
    I am assuming (since you didn't make it clear) that you
    mean the 'Internet Options / Programs / Reset Web Settings'
    button, yes?

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Feb 1, 2004
  7. Rud

    Rud Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 03:18:42 GMT, in
    > <me_Sb.33526$>
    > Rud scrawled:
    >

    > >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message

    > <snip>
    >
    > >> The restore to default IE button restores your default
    > >> search pages, nothing more.

    > >So it doesn't restore your preferences back to default?

    > Let's be sure exactly what you are talking about here.
    > I am assuming (since you didn't make it clear) that you
    > mean the 'Internet Options / Programs / Reset Web Settings'
    > button, yes?

    Well originally the one on the Adanced tab, but now you mention it, both.

    Would either help?

    Rud, Feb 1, 2004
  8. Rud

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 03:33:15 GMT, in
    <%r_Sb.33543$>
    Rud scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 03:18:42 GMT, in
    >> <me_Sb.33526$>
    >> Rud scrawled:
    >>

    >> >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message

    >> <snip>

    >> >So it doesn't restore your preferences back to default?

    >> Let's be sure exactly what you are talking about here.
    >> I am assuming (since you didn't make it clear) that you
    >> mean the 'Internet Options / Programs / Reset Web Settings'
    >> button, yes?

    >Well originally the one on the Adanced tab, but now you mention it, both.
    >
    >Would either help?

    There's nothing on the Advanced tab that would affect your
    downloads in that way. And the 'Reset Web Settings' just
    returns your home page, search pages and prompt to make
    IE the default (if it's changed) to the default. So, no, none
    of those settings will help.

    The only thing that would affect it, in the way you describe,
    is the 'Confirm open after download' checkbox. Check out
    my signature, do everything on the page, and try again.
    If still no luck, try a repair of IE.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Feb 1, 2004