    Oh, I live in UK if it makes any difference....

    Thanks

    Dazz

    Dazz, May 31, 2004

  2. Dazz

    Rich Clark Guest

    "Dazz" <> wrote in message
    news:c9fcmr$jhq$...
    > Hi,
    > Wonder if anyone can help. Im looking for a multi region player with good
    > reputation for build quility/compatability etc......
    > The most important thing is though, I want to be able to burn MP3 files

    onto
    > DVD discs and have them play with a RANDOM/SHUFFLE function!
    > Is this asking too much. This will be my first player purchase, and I dont
    > know if DVD discs will even play when filled with Mp3's...let alone with a
    > Random function.
    >
    > If anyone knows of any models which will do this could you let me know.
    > Oh, I live in UK if it makes any difference....

    I have a Pioneer DV-563 and a DV-363. They both play MP3s on DVD+R's burned
    on my TDK 420N drive. Random play works fine.

    RichC

    Rich Clark, May 31, 2004

  3. Dazz

    Dazz Guest

    Thanks Rich, In a shop near me there is a Pioneer DV454, DV340 and DV656a.

    The shopkeeper knows nothing! In your opinion would any of these models do
    the job (MP3 DVD Random play)? Are they just reincarnations of your models
    or completely different machines?

    All these numbers do my head in!
    Thanks for your help

    Dazz

    Dazz, Jun 1, 2004
  4. Dazz

    Rich Clark Guest

    "Dazz" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks Rich, In a shop near me there is a Pioneer DV454, DV340 and DV656a.
    >
    > The shopkeeper knows nothing! In your opinion would any of these models do
    > the job (MP3 DVD Random play)? Are they just reincarnations of your models
    > or completely different machines?
    >
    > All these numbers do my head in!
    > Thanks for your help

    Oh, you're in the UK. Pioneer's model numbers are different there.

    You might try here -- http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers -- and use the
    sorting tools to see what models do what you want.

    Luck,
    RichC

    Rich Clark, Jun 2, 2004