    20seconds so that 1 song fades out as the next song fades in....

    Is there any way that this can be done with MP3's (Nero can't do it i don't
    think - is there any other software/burner that could do this ??)

    Advid, Oct 28, 2005

  2. Advid

    dadiOH Guest

    Advid wrote:
    > ...with Nero 6 when I burn a 'normal' audio CD - I can crossfade up to
    > 20seconds so that 1 song fades out as the next song fades in....
    >
    > Is there any way that this can be done with MP3's (Nero can't do it i
    > don't think - is there any other software/burner that could do this
    > ??)

    More or less. For example, using Winamp, one could load it up with the
    desired songs, set a crossfading output plugin active, set an MP3 output
    encoder active (you'd need a "stacker" to use two output plugins
    simultaneously) then "play" the lot.

    You'd wind up with a newly encoded and cross faded set of MP3s.
    Obviously, you'd have to burn them in the same order as they were in the
    playlist and to do that you would have had to preface each MP3 with the
    proper sequential number.

    Because MP3s work with "frames" there may be a split second of silence
    at beginning or end of one. Which is why I said "more or less".
    Shouldn't be at all noticeable, though, not being crossfaded..

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Oct 28, 2005

  3. Advid

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 13:37:49 +0100, "Advid" <> wrote:

    >...with Nero 6 when I burn a 'normal' audio CD - I can crossfade up to
    >20seconds so that 1 song fades out as the next song fades in....
    >
    >Is there any way that this can be done with MP3's (Nero can't do it i don't
    >think - is there any other software/burner that could do this ??)

    That would be player dependant. All a mp3 CD is is a CD of files. If
    you use winamp, there's a crossfade plugin.

    Evan Platt, Oct 28, 2005
  4. Advid

    Mitch Guest

    In article <djt62r$a6p$2surf.net>, Advid <>
    wrote:

    > ...with Nero 6 when I burn a 'normal' audio CD - I can crossfade up to
    > 20seconds so that 1 song fades out as the next song fades in....
    >
    > Is there any way that this can be done with MP3's (Nero can't do it i don't
    > think - is there any other software/burner that could do this ??)

    If you are really talking about CROSSFADING (overlapping tracks) rather
    than fade-in and fade-out, i think you have to use a specialty plug-in
    or tool and concatenate all tracks into one single track.

    Mitch, Oct 29, 2005
  5. Advid

    cmcguire83

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    mp3 hardware/software

    Can you suggest a hardware/software interface that allows one to crossfade MP3's as if using a CD crossfader, thus more easily creating loop samples?

    cmcguire83, Sep 18, 2007