    player but will work perfectly well on my home CD player?
    Buggered if I know.

    Thank You in advance.

    Columbo, Feb 13, 2004

  2. Columbo

    William Guest

    Your car CD player may only recognize CDA formatted audio files. You must
    record your Mp3 files in CDA format !

    William, Feb 13, 2004

  3. Columbo

    Senti Guest

    Columbo wrote:

    > Can anyone tell me why the audio CD's I have made wont play on a car CD
    > player but will work perfectly well on my home CD player?
    > Buggered if I know.
    >
    > Thank You in advance.

    When you burned the CDs did you keep them as mp3s? If so, does your car
    stereo recognize the mp3 format? If not, do you have an older CD player
    in your car? Some of the older ones have trouble playing burned CDs...

    What software did you use to burn the cds?

    Senti, Feb 13, 2004
  4. Columbo

    Columbo Guest

    "William" <> wrote in message
    > Your car CD player may only recognize CDA formatted audio files. You must
    > record your Mp3 files in CDA format !
    >

    > "Columbo" <> wrote in message
    > > Can anyone tell me why the audio CD's I have made wont play on a car CD
    > > player but will work perfectly well on my home CD player?
    > > Buggered if I know.
    > >
    > > Thank You in advance.

    Ahhh, I see. How would I do that mate? I just download them as they come
    from Kazaa.

    Columbo, Feb 13, 2004
  5. Columbo

    Columbo Guest

    "Senti" <> wrote in message
    > Columbo wrote:
    >
    > > Can anyone tell me why the audio CD's I have made wont play on a car CD
    > > player but will work perfectly well on my home CD player?
    > > Buggered if I know.
    > >
    > > Thank You in advance.

    > When you burned the CDs did you keep them as mp3s? If so, does your car
    > stereo recognize the mp3 format? If not, do you have an older CD player
    > in your car? Some of the older ones have trouble playing burned CDs...
    >
    > What software did you use to burn the cds?

    No, I converted them from mp3 to wav. They work fine on my home CD player as
    I say.
    I use a converter called 'etalonsoft mp3 decoder'. I burn the CD's with
    Realone player.

    Columbo, Feb 13, 2004
  6. Columbo

    Jackie Guest

    "Columbo" <> wrote in message
    > Can anyone tell me why the audio CD's I have made wont play on a car CD
    > player but will work perfectly well on my home CD player?
    > Buggered if I know.
    >
    > Thank You in advance.

    How old is the unit in your car and does it have the capabilities to read
    burnt cds????
    Not all car audio headunits are capable of playing burnt disks although most
    of the newer releases do have that capability.
    Also if you are using read/writable disks this can also cause a problem. Try
    just using a cdr.

    Jackie, Feb 14, 2004
  7. Columbo

    JWooden271 Guest

    What kind of blank CD did you use? Some CD players will refuse to play
    CD-RW discs, but will play CD-R discs perfectly.

    JWooden271, Feb 14, 2004
  8. Columbo

    Columbo Guest

    "JWooden271" <> wrote in message
    > What kind of blank CD did you use? Some CD players will refuse to play
    > CD-RW discs, but will play CD-R discs perfectly.
    >
    > Columbo wrote:
    > > Can anyone tell me why the audio CD's I have made wont play on a car CD
    > > player but will work perfectly well on my home CD player?
    > > Buggered if I know.
    > >
    > > Thank You in advance.

    Im using Packard Bell CD-R's
    52x Speed
    700 Mb

    Columbo, Feb 14, 2004
  9. Columbo

    Alan G Guest

    On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 18:53:04 -0000, "Columbo"
    <> wrote:

    >Can anyone tell me why the audio CD's I have made wont play on a car CD
    >player but will work perfectly well on my home CD player?
    >Buggered if I know.
    >
    >Thank You in advance.

    See

    And blame the CD manufacturers for selling non industry standard CD's.
    You should be able to take it back and demand your money back.

    Alan G, Feb 14, 2004
  10. Columbo

    <> wrote:

    >Can anyone tell me why the audio CD's I have made wont play on a car CD
    >player but will work perfectly well on my home CD player?
    >Buggered if I know.
    >
    >Thank You in advance.

    Sorry.
    Disregard previous post.
    I misread and thought you'd bought commercially produced audio cds

    Alan G, Feb 14, 2004
  11. Howdy!

    "Columbo" <> wrote in message
    > Can anyone tell me why the audio CD's I have made wont play on a car CD
    > player but will work perfectly well on my home CD player?

    There's several possible reasons - I'll give you two of the more
    common one.

    The MOST common - is that CD/Rs are not as easy to read as pressed
    CDs. That is, the difference between a "1" and a "0" on the CD is less (in
    terms of reflectivity) than they are with a pressed CD. So some drives have
    problems with reading them.

    An analog is that your home player has perfect hearing, and doesn't
    care that the person speaking is at 80dB or 40dB. In the car, it's a bit
    harder of hearing, and can't make out if the 40dB person is saying "Ride the
    train" or "Hide the brain" .. <B-)

    SECOND - and easier to fix, if this is it - is that some audio decks
    won't play a "data" CD with audio on it. For those, you need to purchase an
    audio CD (aka a "general purpose" CD) and use that. I'd try this first -
    it's a cheap fix if that's it.

    Oh - in reference to #1 - don't use CD/RWs if your car doesn't like
    them.

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Feb 15, 2004
  12. Columbo

    Professor Guest

    Not all homemade cds work on all players but you might try closing the disk
    when you burn it.

    Professor, Feb 26, 2004