    convert it to a mp3 file that is 30 to 60 seconds in duration that someone
    can click on a website to listen to a sample of it. Any suggestions would be
    appreciated.

    MICHAEL WASHINGTON, Jun 8, 2004

  2. MICHAEL WASHINGTON

    Toolman Tim Guest

    http://download.com.com/3120-20-0.html?qt=mp3 splitter&tg=dl-20

    Toolman Tim, Jun 8, 2004

  3. MICHAEL WASHINGTON

    EL Echad Guest

    have you got nero? Nero got this handy utility call nero wave editor.
    this is just a tip. If you want the file size to be smaller than mp3 but
    better quality than mp3 use ogg ovbis. it's much smaller in size and better
    quality then wma even.

    EL Echad, Jun 8, 2004
  4. MICHAEL WASHINGTON

    Unk Guest

    On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 03:20:53 GMT, "MICHAEL WASHINGTON"
    <> wrote:

    >Does anyone know how can one take a mp3 file and convert it into a 30 second
    >snippet or sample file that one can click and listen to on a website? In
    >other words, if a song is about 5 minutes in duration, I want to be able to
    >convert it to a mp3 file that is 30 to 60 seconds in duration that someone
    >can click on a website to listen to a sample of it. Any suggestions would be
    >appreciated.

    Audacity sound editor (Freeware).
    Open the mp3 file with this program and cut out the portion you want to make
    the sample out of.. This is quite a comprehensive program considering that
    it's free. http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

    Unk, Jun 8, 2004
  5. MICHAEL WASHINGTON

    °Mike° Guest

    CDEx
    http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/

    Audacity
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

    On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 03:20:53 GMT, in
    <pgaxc.55945$>
    MICHAEL WASHINGTON scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jun 8, 2004
  6. MICHAEL WASHINGTON

    ProfGene Guest

    Cooledit pro can upload it into its wave viewer where you can edit it any
    way you want and save it then convert it back to mp3 and if you had the full
    version you could save it as an mp3.

    ProfGene, Jun 8, 2004
  7. MICHAEL WASHINGTON

    wise man Guest

    Please download Audio Splitter Convertor.
    It may help you.
    You can download from:
    http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/11/1/2/11-1-2-166.shtml
    or
    from their Site:
    http://www.coolextractor.com/
    It can
    1.It can split one Audio File (Mp3 ,Wav ,WMA ,Ogg) into smaller Audio
    files(MP3,Wav ,WMA,Ogg).
    2.It can can convert to all supported formats and you can switch
    between formats in one click!
    3.It can convert Mp3 ,Wav ,WMA ,Ogg from one format to another
    4.Allow for changing the property of the MP3 Wav, Ogg, Wma(such as
    Sample Rate,Bit Rate). CBR (constant bitrate) and two types of
    variable bitrate, VBR and ABR.
    5.converts mp3,wma,Ogg into CD quality format wave files ready to
    burn.
    6.Visually define the time you want to split at by using slider bar.
    7.Allows for playing from the time before adding it into the splitting
    list.
    8Allows for previewing each section before doing the real splitting.
    9.Registered users receive free upgrades and support for life.
    10.Audio format conversion executes directly without any temporary
    files, and thus enables high converting speed and economy of hard disk
    resource.
    11.You can change bitrate , sample rate, stereo modes and other
    settings;

    wise man, Jun 9, 2004