MP3/Roxio

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Boy Meets Web, Jun 27, 2005.

  1. Hey,

    About a YEAR ago, I was attempting to create an mp3 cd using ROXIO ... as I
    was adding my MP3's - my friend walked in and said - ya know, you're adding
    way yoo many mp3's - that's ok - but you won't be able to play that in all
    cd players.

    So, I remember he asked me if I wanted it to be able to be played in cd
    players - I said YES. So he said ok, then he did something .... THEN, I was
    able to add my mp3's.
    But he told me that when you do that - you'll only be able to burn approx
    15-20 songs per cd.

    Now, I want to do that again .... Burn mp3's so that you can play it in just
    about any CD Player. But I forgot how to do it with Roxio! And my friend is
    outta town.

    Anybody know what I sould do? I'm using ROXIO.

    Thanks in Advance!

    Web Guy

    http://www.usenet.com
    Boy Meets Web, Jun 27, 2005

  2. Boy Meets Web

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Boy Meets Web" <> wrote in message
    > Hey,
    >
    > About a YEAR ago, I was attempting to create an mp3 cd using ROXIO ... as
    > was adding my MP3's - my friend walked in and said - ya know, you're
    > adding
    > way yoo many mp3's - that's ok - but you won't be able to play that in all
    > cd players.
    >
    > So, I remember he asked me if I wanted it to be able to be played in cd
    > players - I said YES. So he said ok, then he did something .... THEN, I
    > was
    > able to add my mp3's.
    > But he told me that when you do that - you'll only be able to burn approx
    > 15-20 songs per cd.
    >
    > Now, I want to do that again .... Burn mp3's so that you can play it in
    > just
    > about any CD Player. But I forgot how to do it with Roxio! And my friend
    > is
    > outta town.
    >
    > Anybody know what I sould do? I'm using ROXIO.

    AH! But what VERSION of Roxio???

    I use version 5. Click on File, New CD Project, select Music CD. Add tracks,
    burn.
    Toolman Tim, Jun 27, 2005

  3. Boy Meets Web

    dadiOH Guest

    Boy Meets Web wrote:
    > Hey,
    >
    > About a YEAR ago, I was attempting to create an mp3 cd using ROXIO
    > ... as I was adding my MP3's - my friend walked in and said - ya
    > know, you're adding way yoo many mp3's - that's ok - but you won't be
    > able to play that in all cd players.
    >
    > So, I remember he asked me if I wanted it to be able to be played in
    > cd players - I said YES. So he said ok, then he did something ....
    > THEN, I was able to add my mp3's.
    > But he told me that when you do that - you'll only be able to burn
    > approx 15-20 songs per cd.
    >
    > Now, I want to do that again .... Burn mp3's so that you can play it
    > in just about any CD Player. But I forgot how to do it with Roxio!
    > And my friend is outta town.

    1. You are not burning MP3s. An "MP3 CD" is a data CD with MP3s on it.
    You are simply copying MP3s from one media (HDD) to another (CD). You
    can't play such a disc on anything that doesn't include an MP3 decoder.

    2. Your software is decoding MP3s to wave and burning the waves.

    3. To do #2, opt to make an "audio CD".

    4. More info in my dandies below...

    --
    dadiOH