    MP3 format, it should all fit onto a copy in CDA format to play in the car,
    right? Can someone tell me what to do about this to make it fit onto one
    single disk and play in the car? Thanks.
    j, Jul 4, 2006

  2. j

    Dan Jones Guest

    1. get a new CD player for your car, one that reads MP3's (most all
    aftermarket units do now).
    2. get a 1 GB Mp3 player like a iPOD or generic then get a FM modulator and
    take your iPOD with you and tune to 88.9Mhz or whatever.
    Whenever you go from a compressed file format MP3 to a non compressed file,
    it will not fit on a single CD anymore, Sorry.

    "j" <> wrote in message
    > I have an audio Bible on a CD-Rom. It contains all the books of the Bible

    on
    > a single CD. They are in MP3 format. I can play the CD on my computer, but
    > it will not play on the CD in my car. Not knowing much about this, I

    Googled
    > and found some MP3-CDA converter programs. I used them, but for some

    reason
    > all of the original CD will not fit onto a single CD after I used the

    MP3-CD
    > converter program to convert & copy it. It if all fits on the original CD

    in

    Dan Jones, Jul 4, 2006

  3. j

    Travis Guest

    MP3s are smaller than regular CD compatable files. So you might have to put
    the rest on a seperate disc

    (You could even record your voice saying "Please insert the next disc" at
    the end of the CD....)

    Travis, Jul 4, 2006
  4. j

    Travis Guest

    I think my way is cheaper and more practical, Jones

    Travis, Jul 4, 2006
  5. j

    Dan Jones Guest

    True dat! But you are asking him to span disks and seeing that its a Bible,
    he would want to do it at particular places where he could readily access
    them, hence the functionality of the MP3 format that it is in. And since he
    know little about MP3 vs. CDA this may be beyond his capabilities. So with
    that in mind, he will have to get help from some one who knows what they are
    doing, most teens do now days. or upgrade his car CD, which, he would most
    likely need assistance with also. My personal choice for this would be
    upgrade the car stereo. I'm happy with my Pioneer and like being able to put
    an MP3 disk in and play it for many hours of preselected songs. But you know
    what, life has many choices. some are cheap, some are expensive but most are
    laid out on newsgroups like this.
    G'Day my friend.
    Dan

    Dan Jones, Jul 6, 2006