    (internal 32M).

    --
    Regards, Mike

    Mike Lee, Jan 31, 2004

  2. Mike Lee

    Night_Seer Guest

    Mike Lee wrote:
    > Does anyone know if a MP3 which can use an external memory stick as
    > storage? I have a 256M memory stick & hope to find someway of using
    > that as memory of a MP3 player rather than buying more memory for an
    > old MP3 player I have (internal 32M).

    I'm not sure if I know of an MP3 player that uses memory sticks. If it
    is a 256M memory stick, then this would actually be either a Memory
    Stick Duo, or a Memory Stick Pro, as the original Memory sticks only
    went up to 128M, and I know for a fact that at the moment no MP3 player
    uses either of those (but maybe in the future). Unless when you say
    memory stick you mean something else besides Sony's proprietary format
    flash memory.

    I have an MPIO 256M MP3 player that uses SD memory cards, and I have
    upped it to 512M total.

    --
    Night_Seer

    Night_Seer, Feb 2, 2004

  3. Mike Lee

    Mike Lee Guest

    Sorry for confusion. What I meant are the USB memory stick ppl use as
    removable drives to PC's

    Cheers, Mike

    Mike Lee, Feb 2, 2004
  4. Mike Lee

    Night_Seer Guest

    Mike Lee wrote:
    > Sorry for confusion. What I meant are the USB memory stick ppl use as
    > removable drives to PC's
    >
    > Cheers, Mike
    >
    > "Night_Seer" <ecamacho4 at hotmail dot com> wrote in message
    >> Mike Lee wrote:
    >>> Does anyone know if a MP3 which can use an external memory stick as
    >>> storage? I have a 256M memory stick & hope to find someway of using
    >>> that as memory of a MP3 player rather than buying more memory for an
    >>> old MP3 player I have (internal 32M).

    >> I'm not sure if I know of an MP3 player that uses memory sticks. If
    >> it is a 256M memory stick, then this would actually be either a
    >> Memory Stick Duo, or a Memory Stick Pro, as the original Memory
    >> sticks only went up to 128M, and I know for a fact that at the
    >> moment no MP3 player uses either of those (but maybe in the future).
    >> Unless when you say memory stick you mean something else besides
    >> Sony's proprietary format flash memory.
    >>
    >> I have an MPIO 256M MP3 player that uses SD memory cards, and I have
    >> upped it to 512M total.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Night_Seer

    A a USB "thumb" drive would be a better name to call it. No i'm sorry
    but there are no MP3 players I know of that use those. Are you saying
    your old MP3 player takes extra memory? Otherwise there is no way to
    open it up and "add memory" to it. It probably uses some sort of flash
    memory built into the electronics. More than likely your just going to
    have to get a new MP3 player, or live with 32M. I know of a USB thumb
    drive that doubles as an MP3 player, but I don't really see a point it
    if you already have a thumb drive.

    --
    Night_Seer

    Night_Seer, Feb 3, 2004
  5. Mike Lee

    Mike Lee Guest

    My current MP3 player uses MMC card (old tech - max 32M, I think). I was
    hoping to be able to use my USB flash drive as memory when getting a new MP3
    player.

    Otherwise just back a cheap MMC card for now & upgrade when req.

    Mike

    Mike Lee, Feb 3, 2004
  6. Mike Lee

    Night_Seer Guest

    Mike Lee wrote:
    > My current MP3 player uses MMC card (old tech - max 32M, I think). I
    > was hoping to be able to use my USB flash drive as memory when
    > getting a new MP3 player.
    >
    > Otherwise just back a cheap MMC card for now & upgrade when req.
    >
    > Mike
    >
    > "Night_Seer" <ecamacho4 at hotmail dot com> wrote in message
    >> Mike Lee wrote:
    >>> Sorry for confusion. What I meant are the USB memory stick ppl use
    >>> as removable drives to PC's
    >>>
    >>> Cheers, Mike
    >>>
    >>> "Night_Seer" <ecamacho4 at hotmail dot com> wrote in message

    >> A a USB "thumb" drive would be a better name to call it. No i'm
    >> sorry but there are no MP3 players I know of that use those. Are
    >> you saying your old MP3 player takes extra memory? Otherwise there
    >> is no way to open it up and "add memory" to it. It probably uses
    >> some sort of flash memory built into the electronics. More than
    >> likely your just going to have to get a new MP3 player, or live with
    >> 32M. I know of a USB thumb drive that doubles as an MP3 player, but
    >> I don't really see a point it if you already have a thumb drive.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Night_Seer

    OIC...well that's probably your best bet. Anyways, my MP3 player uses
    the MMC/SD, I don't know if yours has the /SD part of it, but it said it
    could take a maximum of 128, but I put in a 256 card, and it recognized
    it fine. If you know a plae that will let you return it if it doesn't
    work, I would give it a try. I'm going to try a 512 card next, as soon
    as I can afford it.

    --
    Night_Seer

    Night_Seer, Feb 3, 2004