mp3 player question

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by asifi'dtell, Dec 20, 2004.

  1. asifi'dtell

    asifi'dtell Guest

    Sorry if this is OT here, but nobody answers at the mp3 NG

    I just bought an inexpensive ( because kids tend to lose things) Smartdisk
    mp3 player for my 10 yr. old daughter. While the loading was a bit dodgy,
    the sound was good using either the buds that came with it or her old
    headphones.
    Now to the question:
    It came with an FM tuner, however, the tuner is a separate piece that is
    attached permanently to the buds, which means she likely won't use it as she
    prefers regular headphones. I asked a friend about this and she said they
    ALL have separate tuners. Is this true? I can't seem to get info on another
    one i am looking at, a Sandisk 256 mg with FM tuner for $100 CAD.
    Do any of the lower level models actually have the FM tuner integrated in
    the player??
    Thanks
    TB--

    --
    "The cat could very well be man's best friend, but would never stoop to
    admitting it!"

    ---

    asifi'dtell, Dec 20, 2004

  2. asifi'dtell

    dragotown Guest

    Most of the time you will have to get a more expensive ($200+) model if
    you want a built in FM tuner. I know I have seen built in FM tuners in
    these so just keep looking.

    dragotown, Dec 20, 2004