Mp3 Player Problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Chad S, Jun 3, 2007.

  1. Chad S

    Chad S Guest

    I know that its not really the correct place to maybe ask this but its the
    only technical group that I know and it is when it is usb'ed to my computer.

    Ok so this is the problem. Ive bought myself an MP3 Player and all is going
    well minus one thing. When I first bought it I added music to it straight
    away but it would not play so decided that I would put it into a folder so
    that I would have separate folders for different types of music. Anyways I
    finally figured it all out and added music the normal way but now the player
    will not let me delete the folder that I put in there, and any music that I
    add (just on the mp3 player and not in the folder) the folder replicates the
    music so now 2GB has disappeared off the memory cuz it keeps on replicating
    itself inside this folder. But for some strange reason I cannot delete the
    folder cuz it says 'Cannot Delete File'

    Any ideas on how to delete this file? Ive tried cutting and pasting
    somewhere else but it cannot be moved, deleted or emailed.

    So any help given would be appreciated.

    Thanks in Advance!

    Chad S, Jun 3, 2007

  2. under my computer you should find the drive and be able to right click to
    format it . then add music to it.

    maurice byrne, Jun 4, 2007

  3. Chad S

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-06-04, maurice byrne <> wrote:
    > under my computer you should find the drive and be able to right click to
    > format it . then add music to it.

    I was going to say something witty about keeping your computer on the
    drive, and the possible problems with the neighbours if the music on your
    drive is too loud. Then I thought better of it.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Jun 4, 2007
  4. Chad S

    meerkat Guest

    "Whiskers" <> wrote in message
    > On 2007-06-04, maurice byrne <> wrote:
    >> under my computer you should find the drive and be able to right click to
    >> format it . then add music to it.

    > I was going to say something witty about keeping your computer on the
    > drive, and the possible problems with the neighbours if the music on your
    > drive is too loud. Then I thought better of it.

    Worth a smile %> ).

    meerkat, Jun 4, 2007
  5. Chad S

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-06-04, meerkat <> wrote:

    > "Whiskers" <> wrote in message
    >> On 2007-06-04, maurice byrne <> wrote:
    >>> under my computer you should find the drive and be able to right click to
    >>> format it . then add music to it.

    >> I was going to say something witty about keeping your computer on the
    >> drive, and the possible problems with the neighbours if the music on your
    >> drive is too loud. Then I thought better of it.
    >>

    > Worth a smile %> ).

    Aythangyo! :))

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Jun 4, 2007
  6. Chad S

    Aardvark Guest

    On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 19:47:46 +0100, Whiskers wrote:

    > On 2007-06-04, meerkat <> wrote:
    >>
    >> "Whiskers" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> I was going to say something witty about keeping your computer on the
    >>> drive, and the possible problems with the neighbours if the music on
    >>> your drive is too loud. Then I thought better of it.
    >>>

    >> Worth a smile %> ).

    > Aythangyo! :))

    As a follow-up do you do the buzzy bee song?

    --
    Registered Linux User 413057.
    Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06

    the other English teams put together :)

    Aardvark, Jun 5, 2007
  7. Chad S

    meerkat Guest

    "Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 19:47:46 +0100, Whiskers wrote:
    >
    >> On 2007-06-04, meerkat <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "Whiskers" <> wrote in message

    >>> Worth a smile %> ).

    >> Aythangyo! :))

    > As a follow-up do you do the buzzy bee song?

    You`re old enough to remember Arthur Askey then ?.
    %> ).

    meerkat, Jun 5, 2007
  8. Chad S

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-06-05, Aardvark <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 19:47:46 +0100, Whiskers wrote:
    >
    >> On 2007-06-04, meerkat <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "Whiskers" <> wrote in message

    >>> Worth a smile %> ).

    >> Aythangyo! :))

    > As a follow-up do you do the buzzy bee song?

    Given notice ;)) (Anything sent to Much Binding in the Marsh should find
    me).

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Jun 5, 2007
  9. Chad S

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 19:50:08 +0100, Whiskers wrote:

    >>> Aythangyo! )

    >> As a follow-up do you do the buzzy bee song?

    > Given notice ) (Anything sent to Much Binding in the Marsh should find
    > me).

    Seems to me you'd been around for a while before that upstart God showed
    up? :)

    Aardvark, Jun 6, 2007
  10. Chad S

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 18:29:07 +0000, meerkat wrote:

    >>> Aythangyo! )

    >> As a follow-up do you do the buzzy bee song?
    >>

    > You`re old enough to remember Arthur Askey then ?. %> ).

    He was still on telly when I was a kid, and of course I've seen some of
    his films.

    My age? Well my dad let me stay up super late to watch Neil Armstrong
    make one giant leap and around the same time he also let me stay up late
    to watch Johnny Cash at San Quentin when it was first ever shown :)

    Aardvark, Jun 6, 2007
  11. Chad S

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-06-06, Aardvark <> wrote:

    >>> As a follow-up do you do the buzzy bee song?

    >> Given notice ) (Anything sent to Much Binding in the Marsh should find
    >> me).

    > Seems to me you'd been around for a while before that upstart God showed
    > up? :)

    Possibly. Sometimes feels like a long time, that's for sure.

    God's an OK sort, really. GSOH, own transport, non-smoker, interested in
    long-term relationships.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Jun 6, 2007
  12. Chad S

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-06-06, Aardvark <> wrote:

    >>> As a follow-up do you do the buzzy bee song?
    >>>

    >> You`re old enough to remember Arthur Askey then ?. %> ).

    > He was still on telly when I was a kid, and of course I've seen some of
    > his films.
    >
    > My age? Well my dad let me stay up super late to watch Neil Armstrong
    > make one giant leap

    I did see a replay that evening. Our TV stations were off air at that
    time of morning, and I was at work all day.

    > and around the same time he also let me stay up late
    > to watch Johnny Cash at San Quentin when it was first ever shown :)

    Johnny who? <G>

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Jun 6, 2007
  13. Chad S

    Aardvark Guest

    On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 16:43:19 +0100, Whiskers wrote:

    > Our TV stations were off air at that
    > time of morning, and I was at work all day.

    I watched it in Northern Ireland (or, as it's called in the idiom there,
    'Norn Iron' :)). As I recall it was either a special extension of
    transmission or it started at 2am.

    --
    Registered Linux User 413057.
    Both Mandriva 2007.1 and Ubuntu 7.04

    Aardvark, Jun 6, 2007
  14. Chad S

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-06-06, Aardvark <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 16:43:19 +0100, Whiskers wrote:
    >
    >> Our TV stations were off air at that
    >> time of morning, and I was at work all day.

    > I watched it in Northern Ireland (or, as it's called in the idiom there,
    > 'Norn Iron' :)). As I recall it was either a special extension of
    > transmission or it started at 2am.

    Perhaps I just put sleep above telly? It was a while ago, so I can't
    recall all the details, but I'm not sure we even had the technology for
    simultaneous broadcasts on both sides of the Atlantic at that time.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Jun 6, 2007
  15. Chad S

    Guest

    Whiskers <> wrote:

    >On 2007-06-06, Aardvark <> wrote:
    >> On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 16:43:19 +0100, Whiskers wrote:

    >>> Our TV stations were off air at that
    >>> time of morning, and I was at work all day.

    >> I watched it in Northern Ireland (or, as it's called in the idiom there,
    >> 'Norn Iron' :)). As I recall it was either a special extension of
    >> transmission or it started at 2am.

    >Perhaps I just put sleep above telly? It was a while ago, so I can't
    >recall all the details, but I'm not sure we even had the technology for
    >simultaneous broadcasts on both sides of the Atlantic at that time.

    Telstar
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telstar

    I can't remember where I was (pry at home) when I saw the moon
    landing; I just remember after his "one small step" speech I thought
    WTF!, there was a lot of pressure on him as to his first words - and
    he blew it.
    --

    Blood for gas, you knew it was coming.
    http://www.local6.com/automotive/13452051/detail.html