    http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32690

    So who says there is no need for Firmware upgrades..

    All the better brands do it.
    Mary Hanna, Jan 12, 2010

  2. Mary Hanna

    Sweetpea Guest

    On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 16:25:31 +1300, Mary Hanna wrote:

    > The Samsung T10 had some 8 listed Updates, bug fixes and added features
    > like Bluetooth, ACC, ORG and FLAC support.
    >

    > Here is a link to all of the Samsung Firmware Upgrades.
    >
    > http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32690
    >

    > So who says there is no need for Firmware upgrades..
    >
    > All the better brands do it.

    There *IS* no need for firmware updates - unless the device is defective - because as an appliance it
    should just work without needing to have the clueless masses trying to install new software every
    month!

    Imagine if you had to install a firmware patch so that your digital watch could keep working as it is
    supposed to!

    There would be lots of housewives wearing dead watches!

    Sweetpea, Jan 12, 2010

  3. Mary Hanna

    Mary Hanna Guest

    On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 07:31:27 +0000 (UTC), Sweetpea <>
    wrote:

    >On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 16:25:31 +1300, Mary Hanna wrote:
    >
    >> The Samsung T10 had some 8 listed Updates, bug fixes and added features
    >> like Bluetooth, ACC, ORG and FLAC support.
    >>

    >> Here is a link to all of the Samsung Firmware Upgrades.
    >>
    >> http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32690
    >>

    >> So who says there is no need for Firmware upgrades..
    >>
    >> All the better brands do it.

    >There *IS* no need for firmware updates - unless the device is defective - because as an appliance it
    >should just work without needing to have the clueless masses trying to install new software every
    >month!
    >
    >Imagine if you had to install a firmware patch so that your digital watch could keep working as it is
    >supposed to!
    >
    >There would be lots of housewives wearing dead watches!

    Seems that you can't read..
    Mary Hanna, Jan 12, 2010
  4. Mary Hanna

    Cima Guest

    wrote:

    >On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 16:25:31 +1300, Mary Hanna wrote:
    >
    >> The Samsung T10 had some 8 listed Updates, bug fixes and added features
    >> like Bluetooth, ACC, ORG and FLAC support.
    >>

    >> Here is a link to all of the Samsung Firmware Upgrades.
    >>
    >> http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32690
    >>

    >> So who says there is no need for Firmware upgrades..
    >>
    >> All the better brands do it.

    >There *IS* no need for firmware updates - unless the device is defective - because as an appliance it
    >should just work without needing to have the clueless masses trying to install new software every
    >month!

    So how do you play those unsupported files without the firmware update? Buy a
    new model?
    Cima, Jan 12, 2010
  5. Mary Hanna

    Sweetpea Guest

    On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 23:02:35 +1300, Cima wrote:

    > On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 07:31:27 +0000 (UTC), Sweetpea
    > <> wrote:
    >>
    >>On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 16:25:31 +1300, Mary Hanna wrote:
    >>
    >>> The Samsung T10 had some 8 listed Updates, bug fixes and added
    >>> features like Bluetooth, ACC, ORG and FLAC support.
    >>>

    >>> Here is a link to all of the Samsung Firmware Upgrades.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32690
    >>>

    >>> So who says there is no need for Firmware upgrades..
    >>>
    >>> All the better brands do it.

    >>There *IS* no need for firmware updates - unless the device is defective
    >>- because as an appliance it should just work without needing to have
    >>the clueless masses trying to install new software every month!

    > So how do you play those unsupported files without the firmware update?
    > Buy a new model?

    What unsupported files?

    Sweetpea, Jan 12, 2010
  6. Mary Hanna

    victor Guest

    Sweetpea wrote:
    > On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 23:02:35 +1300, Cima wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 07:31:27 +0000 (UTC), Sweetpea
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> There *IS* no need for firmware updates - unless the device is defective
    >>> - because as an appliance it should just work without needing to have
    >>> the clueless masses trying to install new software every month!

    >> So how do you play those unsupported files without the firmware update?
    >> Buy a new model?

    > What unsupported files?

    AAC OGG FLAC (pre wogering)
    I guess if you are happy being clueless you don't get the option and
    stick with what you bought.
    Firmware upgrades might fix existing annoyances but can also improve
    compatibility with other devices such as bluetooth A2DP car stereo
    inputs as the bluetooth stack develops, or provide for such things as
    enhancement of podcast indexing or audiobook placemarks etc as new
    features are developed by content providers.
    There is no compulsion to do monthly upgrades, thats your own little
    strawman.
    victor, Jan 12, 2010
  7. Mary Hanna

    Sweetpea Guest

    On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 06:37:08 +1300, victor wrote:

    >> What unsupported files?
    >>

    > AAC OGG FLAC (pre wogering)
    > I guess if you are happy being clueless you don't get the option and
    > stick with what you bought.

    I'm generally happy with what I purchase as I check stuff out before I purchase it.

    As such, I have not purchased an MP3 player because I have not been happy with those devices.

    Sweetpea, Jan 12, 2010
  8. Mary Hanna

    Cima Guest

    On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 06:37:08 +1300, victor <> wrote:

    >Sweetpea wrote:
    >> On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 23:02:35 +1300, Cima wrote:

    >>> So how do you play those unsupported files without the firmware update?
    >>> Buy a new model?

    >> What unsupported files?
    >>

    >AAC OGG FLAC (pre wogering)
    >I guess if you are happy being clueless you don't get the option and
    >stick with what you bought.
    >Firmware upgrades might fix existing annoyances but can also improve
    >compatibility with other devices such as bluetooth A2DP car stereo
    >inputs as the bluetooth stack develops, or provide for such things as
    >enhancement of podcast indexing or audiobook placemarks etc as new
    >features are developed by content providers.
    >There is no compulsion to do monthly upgrades, thats your own little
    >strawman.

    Sweetleaf should look into Rockbox, that would give him and his player (if
    supported) a boinger (being Open Source n' all) like no other. Daily updates
    too, vroom vroom

    http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/MajorChanges
    Cima, Jan 12, 2010
  9. Mary Hanna

    victor Guest

    Cima wrote:
    > On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 06:37:08 +1300, victor <> wrote:
    >
    >> Sweetpea wrote:

    >>> What unsupported files?
    >>>

    >> AAC OGG FLAC (pre wogering)
    >> I guess if you are happy being clueless you don't get the option and
    >> stick with what you bought.
    >> Firmware upgrades might fix existing annoyances but can also improve
    >> compatibility with other devices such as bluetooth A2DP car stereo
    >> inputs as the bluetooth stack develops, or provide for such things as
    >> enhancement of podcast indexing or audiobook placemarks etc as new
    >> features are developed by content providers.
    >> There is no compulsion to do monthly upgrades, thats your own little
    >> strawman.

    > Sweetleaf should look into Rockbox, that would give him and his player (if
    > supported) a boinger (being Open Source n' all) like no other. Daily updates
    > too, vroom vroom
    >
    > http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/MajorChanges

    He thinks Serious Persons only listen to well reviewed CDs from their
    favourite Classical Music shop and scoffs at anything else as "toys".

    I think he is about 102.
    victor, Jan 13, 2010