    don't really know what terms to use for searching.

    Thanks in advance for advice,
    Jo
    Mrs Beeble Brock, Jul 19, 2004

  2. Mrs Beeble Brock

    Mark. Guest

    In article <nkYKc.2322$>,
    Mrs Beeble Brock <> wrote:

    > Hi, what format would I need to convert MP3s to so my car stereo or
    > other CD player can recognise the tracks?
    >
    > I have Ahead Nero but am a bit flumoxed by the choices available, and
    > don't really know what terms to use for searching.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for advice,
    > Jo

    The correct format is AIFF, or else choose 'Audio CD'.
    Mark., Jul 20, 2004

  3. Mrs Beeble Brock

    The Hobbit Guest

    "Mark." <> wrote in message
    > In article <nkYKc.2322$>,
    > Mrs Beeble Brock <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hi, what format would I need to convert MP3s to so my car stereo or
    > > other CD player can recognise the tracks?

    <Snip>

    > The correct format is AIFF, or else choose 'Audio CD'.

    And check the player supports CDRs - next door neighbour burnt a disc and
    the player either stuffed the disc or she left it in the unit on a hot day
    as 1 week later the player wouldn't read anything, and the cd had
    delaminated itself all over the inside of the unit. <mmm pretty sparkly dust
    :) >
    The Hobbit, Jul 20, 2004
  4. Thanks - I did "audio cd" in Nero, but with no luck playing the disk in
    any other player aside from the PC. I'll look into AIFF and see if I can
    do a manual conversion.
    Cheers,
    Jo

    Mrs Beeble Brock, Jul 20, 2004
  5. Thanks for your reply. How do you find out if the player supports CDRs?
    Would CDRWs be any different?
    Jo

    Mrs Beeble Brock, Jul 20, 2004
  6. In article <ivZKc.2359$>,
    says...
    > Thanks for your reply. How do you find out if the player supports CDRs?
    > Would CDRWs be any different?

    Many older players will support CDRs, check with the manufacturer specs
    for newer gear.

    Most older gear will not play CDRWs. Newer ones generally will play both.
    Patrick Dunford, Jul 20, 2004
  7. Mrs Beeble Brock

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Mrs Beeble Brock <> wrote in news:LuZKc.2358
    $:

    > Thanks - I did "audio cd" in Nero, but with no luck playing the disk in
    > any other player aside from the PC. I'll look into AIFF and see if I can
    > do a manual conversion.
    > Cheers,
    > Jo

    Try setting the burn speed to a slow as your burner will go, not the
    fastest!
    Nero's Audio CD should work fine, as long as you remember to finalize the
    CD. (AKA as closing the session or closing the CD.)
    The problem may be that the blank CD you are using is not readable in the
    player. Speed is the first thing to try, the second is a different colour
    of blank CD.
    Dave Taylor, Jul 20, 2004
  8. Mrs Beeble Brock

    zog Guest

    "Mrs Beeble Brock" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, what format would I need to convert MP3s to so my car stereo or
    > other CD player can recognise the tracks?
    >
    > I have Ahead Nero but am a bit flumoxed by the choices available, and
    > don't really know what terms to use for searching.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for advice,
    > Jo

    This is the way I do it. It is a two step process. First I convert the
    MP3s to a .wav format. There must be a hundred bits of software that will
    do that (I currently use Musicmatch). Then I use Roxio to burn a 'music CD'
    It has never failed. But Nero and heaps of other software will burn a music
    CD for you.

    Some car stereos will actually play mp3s. When I am rich and famous I will
    get one of those beasties.
    zog, Jul 20, 2004
  9. Mrs Beeble Brock

    Howard Guest

    While we're at it, can anyone recommend a stockist of mp3 playing car
    stereos?

    I'd like to burn my mp3s to CD and play 100+ tunes from one CD rather
    than just 10...

    -H
    Howard, Jul 20, 2004
  10. On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 17:40:55 +1200, "Howard" <>
    wrote:

    >While we're at it, can anyone recommend a stockist of mp3 playing car
    >stereos?
    >
    >I'd like to burn my mp3s to CD and play 100+ tunes from one CD rather
    >than just 10...

    Repco, and other car parts places. I got mine from there. The unit was
    made by Pioneer. Goes well too. Reads CD-TEXT off normal CDs too.

    The disc up/down buttons (if you have a CD stacker) become folder
    up/down. Folder names, file names, album names, and bitrate are
    displayable on the screen.

    Mine's not one of the newer models either - they've recently released
    a whole bunch more with new features.

    --
    Kristofer Clayton (KJClayton)
    Gisborne, New Zealand
    Kristofer Clayton, Jul 20, 2004
  11. Mrs Beeble Brock

    John B Guest

    zog wrote:
    > "Mrs Beeble Brock" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi, what format would I need to convert MP3s to so my car stereo or
    >> other CD player can recognise the tracks?
    >>
    >> I have Ahead Nero but am a bit flumoxed by the choices available, and
    >> don't really know what terms to use for searching.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance for advice,
    >> Jo

    > This is the way I do it. It is a two step process. First I convert
    > the MP3s to a .wav format. There must be a hundred bits of software
    > that will do that (I currently use Musicmatch). Then I use Roxio to
    > burn a 'music CD' It has never failed. But Nero and heaps of other
    > software will burn a music CD for you.
    >
    > Some car stereos will actually play mp3s. When I am rich and famous
    > I will get one of those beasties.

    Just bought a JVC for the car that plays MP3's. Great. I can burn 12-14 cd's
    onto one MP3 cd. Car stereo shows the album name and track name too. Bugger
    those space hogging 10 cd racks. 4 cd's in my car really equate to about 50
    cd's. $700. Go for it.

    --
    John B
    John B, Jul 20, 2004
  12. Suddenly, Mrs Beeble Brock sprang forth and uttered these pithy words:
    > Thanks for your reply. How do you find out if the player supports CDRs?
    > Would CDRWs be any different?

    Probably safest is - if it doesn't SAY CD-R on the front somewhere, it
    might not. But as Patrick said most newer ones will.
    --
    aaronl at consultant dot com
    For every expert, there is an equal and
    Aaron Lawrence, Jul 20, 2004
  13. In article <dD8Lc.9448$>, "John B" <> wrote:
    >zog wrote:
    >> "Mrs Beeble Brock" <> wrote in message

    *SNIP*
    >Just bought a JVC for the car that plays MP3's. Great. I can burn 12-14 cd's
    >onto one MP3 cd. Car stereo shows the album name and track name too. Bugger
    >those space hogging 10 cd racks. 4 cd's in my car really equate to about 50
    >cd's. $700. Go for it.

    Teh Ware Whare is selling MP3-capable Sony head units for $300 (might be
    $400). They look to be pretty decent ones, too. Detachable face, and
    4x50W output.
    Shows how things have changed, though. Used to be that the MP3 ones
    were well towards the four-figure end of the range, and half of them
    didn't do the text display either.

    --
    Matthew Poole Auckland, New Zealand
    "Veni, vidi, velcro...

    My real e-mail is mattATp00leDOTnet
    Matthew Poole, Jul 20, 2004
  14. Mrs Beeble Brock

    allsorts Guest

    <> wrote:
    > >zog wrote:
    > >> "Mrs Beeble Brock" <> wrote in message

    > *SNIP*
    > >Just bought a JVC for the car that plays MP3's. Great. I can burn 12-14

    cd's
    > >onto one MP3 cd. Car stereo shows the album name and track name too.

    Bugger
    > >those space hogging 10 cd racks. 4 cd's in my car really equate to about

    50
    > >cd's. $700. Go for it.
    > >

    > Teh Ware Whare is selling MP3-capable Sony head units for $300 (might be
    > $400). They look to be pretty decent ones, too. Detachable face, and
    > 4x50W output.
    > Shows how things have changed, though. Used to be that the MP3 ones
    > were well towards the four-figure end of the range, and half of them
    > didn't do the text display either.

    Can't find any such retailer, can you check your spelling please and say
    where in the country this retailer is?
    allsorts, Jul 20, 2004
  15. Mrs Beeble Brock

    allsorts Guest

    "allsorts" <kazuga@guitar> wrote in message news:40fda2df$...

    > "Matthew Poole" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <dD8Lc.9448$>, "John B"

    > <> wrote:

    > > *SNIP*
    > > >Just bought a JVC for the car that plays MP3's. Great. I can burn 12-14

    > cd's
    > > >onto one MP3 cd. Car stereo shows the album name and track name too.

    > Bugger
    > > >those space hogging 10 cd racks. 4 cd's in my car really equate to

    about
    > 50
    > > >cd's. $700. Go for it.
    > > >

    > > Teh Ware Whare is selling MP3-capable Sony head units for $300 (might be
    > > $400). They look to be pretty decent ones, too. Detachable face, and
    > > 4x50W output.
    > > Shows how things have changed, though. Used to be that the MP3 ones
    > > were well towards the four-figure end of the range, and half of them
    > > didn't do the text display either.
    > >

    > Can't find any such retailer, can you check your spelling please and say
    > where in the country this retailer is?

    Although if it is $400 then that is nothing special anyhow as that is the
    rrp price.
    allsorts, Jul 20, 2004
  16. Mrs Beeble Brock

    > > "Matthew Poole" <> wrote in message

    > > > *SNIP*

    12-14
    > > cd's

    > > Bugger

    > about
    > > 50
    > > > >
    > > > Teh Ware Whare is selling MP3-capable Sony head units for $300 (might

    be
    > > > $400). They look to be pretty decent ones, too. Detachable face, and
    > > > 4x50W output.
    > > > Shows how things have changed, though. Used to be that the MP3 ones
    > > > were well towards the four-figure end of the range, and half of them
    > > > didn't do the text display either.
    > > >

    > > Can't find any such retailer, can you check your spelling please and say
    > > where in the country this retailer is?
    > >

    > Although if it is $400 then that is nothing special anyhow as that is the
    > rrp price.

    So does anybody know of a cheaper mp3 capable car stereo, I'm not interested
    in having something that damages my hearing or lets everybody know I am
    coming, just want a basic car stereo with mp3 cd playback and mp3 playback
    should be a entry feature by now really considering how long and how cheaply
    mp3 playback has been available on dvd players etc...
    allsorts, Jul 21, 2004
  17. Mrs Beeble Brock

    theseus Guest

    allsorts wrote:
    > "Matthew Poole" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <dD8Lc.9448$>, "John B"

    > <> wrote:

    >> *SNIP*
    >>> Just bought a JVC for the car that plays MP3's. Great. I can burn
    >>> 12-14 cd's onto one MP3 cd. Car stereo shows the album name and
    >>> track name too. Bugger those space hogging 10 cd racks. 4 cd's in
    >>> my car really equate to about 50 cd's. $700. Go for it.
    >>>

    >> Teh Ware Whare is selling MP3-capable Sony head units for $300
    >> (might be $400). They look to be pretty decent ones, too.
    >> Detachable face, and 4x50W output.
    >> Shows how things have changed, though. Used to be that the MP3 ones
    >> were well towards the four-figure end of the range, and half of them
    >> didn't do the text display either.
    >>

    > Can't find any such retailer, can you check your spelling please and
    > say where in the country this retailer is?

    Big red sheds everywhere
    theseus, Jul 21, 2004
  18. Thanks all - have got it working as per Zog and Dave's advice, and
    thanks to Nero. I am very happy indeed.

    Cheers,
    Jo

    Mrs Beeble Brock, Jul 21, 2004
  19. Mrs Beeble Brock

    A Guest

    On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:40:06 +1200, "zog" <> wrote:

    >"Mrs Beeble Brock" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi, what format would I need to convert MP3s to so my car stereo or
    >> other CD player can recognise the tracks?
    >>
    >> I have Ahead Nero but am a bit flumoxed by the choices available, and
    >> don't really know what terms to use for searching.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance for advice,
    >> Jo

    >This is the way I do it. It is a two step process. First I convert the
    >MP3s to a .wav format. There must be a hundred bits of software that will
    >do that (I currently use Musicmatch). Then I use Roxio to burn a 'music CD'
    >It has never failed. But Nero and heaps of other software will burn a music
    >CD for you.

    Nero will convert the MP3 for you. Just create an Audio CD and drag
    your MP3's over.

    >Some car stereos will actually play mp3s. When I am rich and famous I will
    >get one of those beasties.

    They're not that expensive. I've seen them for $300 or less.
    A, Jul 21, 2004
  20. Mrs Beeble Brock

    MarkH Guest

    "zog" <> wrote in

    > "Mrs Beeble Brock" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi, what format would I need to convert MP3s to so my car stereo or
    >> other CD player can recognise the tracks?
    >>
    >> I have Ahead Nero but am a bit flumoxed by the choices available, and
    >> don't really know what terms to use for searching.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance for advice,
    >> Jo

    > This is the way I do it. It is a two step process. First I convert
    > the MP3s to a .wav format. There must be a hundred bits of software
    > that will do that (I currently use Musicmatch). Then I use Roxio to
    > burn a 'music CD' It has never failed. But Nero and heaps of other
    > software will burn a music CD for you.
    >
    > Some car stereos will actually play mp3s. When I am rich and famous I
    > will get one of those beasties.

    Why would you need to be famous?

    Why would you need to be rich?

    I have seen Sony, Pioneer and Panasonic car MP3 players for under $400
    (maybe a JVC under $400 too?)

    I have a Panasonic which cost under $400:
    AM/FM (presets for 6AM/18FM stations)
    CD audio/MP3
    4 x 50W
    Displays Folder name/file name
    IR remote control
    CD-R/CD-RW

    Mine has been in daily use for over 6 months, no probs.

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    understand binary and those that don't"
    MarkH, Jul 21, 2004