Mp3 Files...

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by krazy Bob, Mar 19, 2006.

  1. krazy Bob

    krazy Bob Guest

    Is there a programe thats freeware peferably thats able to cut out part of a
    mp3 file or have an audio filter on it to eliminate other noises?

    theres a certain very high pitch single tone that goes on for 20 seconds and
    i want to be able to either cut it out or remove it through the filter.

    Any suggestions would be greatly apperciated

    TIA

    KB
     
    krazy Bob, Mar 19, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. krazy Bob

    Dave Guest

    www.goldwave.com




    "krazy Bob" <> wrote in message
    news:tP4Tf.7086$...
    > Is there a programe thats freeware peferably thats able to cut out part of
    > a mp3 file or have an audio filter on it to eliminate other noises?
    >
    > theres a certain very high pitch single tone that goes on for 20 seconds
    > and i want to be able to either cut it out or remove it through the
    > filter.
    >
    > Any suggestions would be greatly apperciated
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > KB
    >
     
    Dave, Mar 19, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. krazy Bob

    Murray Symon Guest

    On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 16:08:05 +1200, krazy Bob wrote:

    > Is there a programe thats freeware peferably thats able to cut out part of
    > a mp3 file or have an audio filter on it to eliminate other noises?
    >
    > theres a certain very high pitch single tone that goes on for 20 seconds
    > and i want to be able to either cut it out or remove it through the
    > filter.
    >
    > Any suggestions would be greatly apperciated
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > KB


    Try Audacity - it's available for Windows, Linux & Mac.

    http://audacity.sourceforge.net

    It will load the MP3 file and allow you to process it ("Effect" menu).
    To save it as a new MP3 file choose File -> "Export as MP3", as
    File -> Save will save it in Audacity's own internal work file format.

    --
    HTH
    Murray.
     
    Murray Symon, Mar 19, 2006
    #3
  4. krazy Bob

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Murray Symon wrote:
    > On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 16:08:05 +1200, krazy Bob wrote:
    >
    >> Is there a programe thats freeware peferably thats able to cut out part of
    >> a mp3 file or have an audio filter on it to eliminate other noises?
    >>
    >> theres a certain very high pitch single tone that goes on for 20 seconds
    >> and i want to be able to either cut it out or remove it through the
    >> filter.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions would be greatly apperciated
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> KB

    >
    > Try Audacity - it's available for Windows, Linux & Mac.
    >
    > http://audacity.sourceforge.net
    >
    > It will load the MP3 file and allow you to process it ("Effect" menu).
    > To save it as a new MP3 file choose File -> "Export as MP3", as
    > File -> Save will save it in Audacity's own internal work file format.
    >


    True, and Audacity is good, but be aware it decodes and then re-encodes
    the mp3s you are working on.

    mp3DirectCut http://www.mpesch3.de is freeware and previously mentioned
    in this ng, will work on mp3s directly, frame by frame.
     
    -=rjh=-, Mar 19, 2006
    #4
  5. krazy Bob

    ~misfit~ Guest

    krazy Bob wrote:
    > Is there a programe thats freeware peferably thats able to cut out
    > part of a mp3 file or have an audio filter on it to eliminate other
    > noises?
    > theres a certain very high pitch single tone that goes on for 20
    > seconds and i want to be able to either cut it out or remove it
    > through the filter.
    > Any suggestions would be greatly apperciated


    I've heard quite a few mp3s like that. I'm told that they are probably
    released by the record companies to try to disrupt the P2P network.
    --
    ~Shaun~
     
    ~misfit~, Mar 19, 2006
    #5
  6. krazy Bob

    krazy Bob Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    news:441d017f$...
    > krazy Bob wrote:
    >> Is there a programe thats freeware peferably thats able to cut out
    >> part of a mp3 file or have an audio filter on it to eliminate other
    >> noises?
    >> theres a certain very high pitch single tone that goes on for 20
    >> seconds and i want to be able to either cut it out or remove it
    >> through the filter.
    >> Any suggestions would be greatly apperciated

    >
    > I've heard quite a few mp3s like that. I'm told that they are probably
    > released by the record companies to try to disrupt the P2P network.
    > --
    > ~Shaun~


    Yea i would believe that, however. Having heard this particlar song on juice
    tv, it did have the same "high pitch signal at the start" but wasn't as long
    and over bearing than what i have.

    i have cut it out and seems better

    Cheers
    KB
     
    krazy Bob, Mar 19, 2006
    #6
  7. krazy Bob

    krazy Bob Guest

    "krazy Bob" <> wrote in message
    news:tP4Tf.7086$...
    > Is there a programe thats freeware peferably thats able to cut out part of
    > a mp3 file or have an audio filter on it to eliminate other noises?
    >
    > theres a certain very high pitch single tone that goes on for 20 seconds
    > and i want to be able to either cut it out or remove it through the
    > filter.
    >
    > Any suggestions would be greatly apperciated
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > KB


    Thanks to everyone who's helped....

    KB
     
    krazy Bob, Mar 19, 2006
    #7
  8. krazy Bob

    GraB Guest

    On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 19:33:02 +1200, "krazy Bob" <>
    wrote:

    >
    >"~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    >news:441d017f$...
    >> krazy Bob wrote:
    >>> Is there a programe thats freeware peferably thats able to cut out
    >>> part of a mp3 file or have an audio filter on it to eliminate other
    >>> noises?
    >>> theres a certain very high pitch single tone that goes on for 20
    >>> seconds and i want to be able to either cut it out or remove it
    >>> through the filter.
    >>> Any suggestions would be greatly apperciated

    >>
    >> I've heard quite a few mp3s like that. I'm told that they are probably
    >> released by the record companies to try to disrupt the P2P network.
    >> --
    >> ~Shaun~

    >
    >Yea i would believe that, however. Having heard this particlar song on juice
    >tv, it did have the same "high pitch signal at the start" but wasn't as long
    >and over bearing than what i have.
    >
    >i have cut it out and seems better
    >
    >Cheers
    >KB
    >

    What method worked?
     
    GraB, Mar 19, 2006
    #8
  9. krazy Bob

    Murray Symon Guest

    On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 18:11:57 +1200, -=rjh=- wrote:

    > Murray Symon wrote:
    >> On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 16:08:05 +1200, krazy Bob wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is there a programe thats freeware peferably thats able to cut out part
    >>> of a mp3 file or have an audio filter on it to eliminate other noises?
    >>>
    >>> theres a certain very high pitch single tone that goes on for 20
    >>> seconds and i want to be able to either cut it out or remove it through
    >>> the filter.
    >>>
    >>> Any suggestions would be greatly apperciated
    >>>
    >>> TIA
    >>>
    >>> KB

    >>
    >> Try Audacity - it's available for Windows, Linux & Mac.
    >>
    >> http://audacity.sourceforge.net
    >>
    >> It will load the MP3 file and allow you to process it ("Effect" menu).
    >> To save it as a new MP3 file choose File -> "Export as MP3", as File ->
    >> Save will save it in Audacity's own internal work file format.
    >>
    >>

    > True, and Audacity is good, but be aware it decodes and then re-encodes
    > the mp3s you are working on.
    >
    > mp3DirectCut http://www.mpesch3.de is freeware and previously mentioned in
    > this ng, will work on mp3s directly, frame by frame.


    Yes, that's right. That will be OK if you just want to cut out a section.
    To do any filtering you have to decode the MP3 stream & re-encode again,
    at some stage - although this may be "hidden" from the user.
    Audacity decodes the file to be worked on to 32-bit floating point samples,
    so any loss of detail will be minimal compared to the detail lost in the
    original MP3 encode process.

    As usual, it's a matter of choosing the best tool for the job to be done.

    --
    Murray.
     
    Murray Symon, Mar 19, 2006
    #9
  10. krazy Bob

    krazy Bob Guest

    "GraB" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 19:33:02 +1200, "krazy Bob" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>
    >>"~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    >>news:441d017f$...
    >>> krazy Bob wrote:
    >>>> Is there a programe thats freeware peferably thats able to cut out
    >>>> part of a mp3 file or have an audio filter on it to eliminate other
    >>>> noises?
    >>>> theres a certain very high pitch single tone that goes on for 20
    >>>> seconds and i want to be able to either cut it out or remove it
    >>>> through the filter.
    >>>> Any suggestions would be greatly apperciated
    >>>
    >>> I've heard quite a few mp3s like that. I'm told that they are probably
    >>> released by the record companies to try to disrupt the P2P network.
    >>> --
    >>> ~Shaun~

    >>
    >>Yea i would believe that, however. Having heard this particlar song on
    >>juice
    >>tv, it did have the same "high pitch signal at the start" but wasn't as
    >>long
    >>and over bearing than what i have.
    >>
    >>i have cut it out and seems better
    >>
    >>Cheers
    >>KB
    >>

    > What method worked?


    mp3cut.just cut out the 16 seconds of the start of the file
     
    krazy Bob, Mar 19, 2006
    #10
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Rip Torin

    Wav files to MP3 files....?

    Rip Torin, Jul 1, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    539
    Fummie
    Jul 1, 2003
  2. MICHAEL WASHINGTON

    cd audio files to mp3 files

    MICHAEL WASHINGTON, Jun 12, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    358
  3. Paul Blarmy

    Copying MP3 files to an MP3 Player

    Paul Blarmy, Jan 20, 2008, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    975
    Paul Blarmy
    Jan 25, 2008
  4. Mighty Magpie

    Saving MP3 files to CD as MP3 files

    Mighty Magpie, Apr 4, 2008, in forum: Computer Information
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    406
    Mighty Magpie
    Apr 7, 2008
  5. music-fan
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    2,345
    music-fan
    Dec 24, 2009
Loading...

Share This Page