    Can I put them all on a blank 4 GB DVD disk? Will they play in a
    regular MP3 player?

    Thanks for any advice.
    Lucky Dog, Jul 8, 2004

  2. Lucky Dog

    Rich Clark Guest

    "Lucky Dog" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm converting all the oldie songs from my CD collection to MP3 files.
    > Can I put them all on a blank 4 GB DVD disk? Will they play in a
    > regular MP3 player?

    You can put the files on a DVD. (You can write any files to a DVD; data is
    data.)

    They will only play on a DVD player that supports MP3 playback from burned
    DVDs, something many players cannot do. www.videohelp.com has a useful
    compatibility list for DVD players.

    If your last question is about flash-memory type MP3 players (rather than
    MP3/CD players) then it's rare these days to find ripping software that
    can't encode files that are compatible with most any player. And there are
    so many ripping apps out there that it's easy to find one that creates files
    compatible with your player.

    RichC
    Rich Clark, Jul 8, 2004

  3. Lucky Dog

    Lucky Dog Guest

    Hi Rich,

    Thank you for your reply. I just finished converting all of my MP3's.
    Then I tried to burn them onto a blank DVD disk, but Nero said I was
    using the wrong type of disk. What do I need to do differently? I
    chose the CD mode.

    Thanks again!

    Lucky Dog, Jul 9, 2004
  4. Lucky Dog

    Lucky Dog Guest

    Please disregard my questions below. I've figured it out. I need to
    choose the DVD data mode. :)

    Lucky Dog, Jul 9, 2004