    happening and what I could do to get it to open. Any ideas? Is there
    program or a method by which I could change it, and if so what would
    change it to?

    alice, Mar 27, 2010

  2. alice

    richard Guest

    On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 12:55:03 -0700 (PDT), alice wrote:

    > I have an mp3 file (128kbps, 44100Hz, MPEG 1 Layer III) that plays
    > fine in Windows Media Player, but will not open in Adobe Audition. I
    > get an error that says it is not the correct codec. I don't *really*
    > need to open it, but at this point I'm just curious why this is
    > happening and what I could do to get it to open. Any ideas? Is there
    > program or a method by which I could change it, and if so what would
    > change it to?

    Obvious. You do not have the correct codec. Which is the heart of the
    beast. No codec, no play. I just love it when they say this stuff and don't
    bother to tell you what you need and how to get it.

    Find out what adobe audition uses as a codec and see if you can convert it.

    richard, Mar 27, 2010

  3. alice

    chuckcar Guest

    alice <> wrote in

    > I have an mp3 file (128kbps, 44100Hz, MPEG 1 Layer III)

    Then it's *not* a mp3. An mp3 uses MPEG3 compression. Hence the name.

    > fine in Windows Media Player, but will not open in Adobe Audition. I
    > get an error that says it is not the correct codec. I don't *really*
    > need to open it, but at this point I'm just curious why this is
    > happening and what I could do to get it to open. Any ideas? Is there
    > program or a method by which I could change it, and if so what would
    > change it to?

    ..mpg which is it's proper extension.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Mar 27, 2010
  4. alice

    chuckcar Guest

    Evan Platt <> wrote in

    > On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 20:54:09 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>alice <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> I have an mp3 file (128kbps, 44100Hz, MPEG 1 Layer III)

    >>Then it's *not* a mp3. An mp3 uses MPEG3 compression. Hence the name.

    > So, it couldn't be a LAME encoded MP3?
    >
    >>.mpg which is it's proper extension.

    > Oh. Of course. Not mp4, but you know for a fact MPG...

    No, that would be a file with MPEG4 compression of course idiot.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Mar 28, 2010
  5. On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 20:36:13 -0500, The Old Sourdough
    <> wrote:

    > chuckcar mumbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >> alice <> wrote in

    >>> I have an mp3 file (128kbps, 44100Hz, MPEG 1 Layer III)

    >> Then it's *not* a mp3. An mp3 uses MPEG3 compression. Hence the name.

    >Damn, you're a stupid shit. Before you spout this crap, do you ever even
    >bother to do a little reading?
    >
    >http://mpeg.chiariglione.org/
    >

    >>> fine in Windows Media Player, but will not open in Adobe Audition. I
    >>> get an error that says it is not the correct codec. I don't *really*
    >>> need to open it, but at this point I'm just curious why this is
    >>> happening and what I could do to get it to open. Any ideas? Is there
    >>> program or a method by which I could change it, and if so what would
    >>> change it to?
    >>>

    >> .mpg which is it's proper extension.

    >Like I say, you are a stupid shit.

    a lot of people seem to say that about him.

    --
    dave hillstrom zrbj mhm15x3 Approved by Bax

    david hillstrom, Mar 29, 2010
  6. alice

    chuckcar Guest

    The Old Sourdough <> wrote in

    > chuckcar mumbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >> alice <> wrote in

    >>> I have an mp3 file (128kbps, 44100Hz, MPEG 1 Layer III)

    >> Then it's *not* a mp3. An mp3 uses MPEG3 compression. Hence the name.

    > Damn, you're a stupid shit. Before you spout this crap, do you ever
    > even bother to do a little reading?
    >
    > http://mpeg.chiariglione.org/

    And where does it mention mp3 pray tell? It doesn't use the term divx
    or xvid either strangely enough even though they're commonly called
    mpeg4.

    How long did it take you to find a site that *only* talks about compression
    algorithms and not codecs?

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Mar 29, 2010
  7. alice

    rf Guest

    "The Old Sourdough" <> wrote in message
    > chuckcar mumbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >> And where does it mention mp3 pray tell? It doesn't use the term divx
    >> or xvid either strangely enough even though they're commonly called
    >> mpeg4.

    > Once again, mp3 files do not
    > use MPEG3 compression, they use MPEG1 compression.There is no MPEG3
    > compression standard, it was combined into MPEG2.

    You forgot to consider chucktards reading and comprehension skills.

    From the viewpoint you might find within chucktards mind mp3 is probably
    identically equal to MPEG3. After all there are a lot of similar letters and
    numbers in the two.

    Just like freeware === open source.

    rf, Mar 29, 2010
  8. alice

    chuckcar Guest

    The Old Sourdough <> wrote in

    > chuckcar mumbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >> The Old Sourdough <> wrote in

    >> And where does it mention mp3 pray tell? It doesn't use the term divx
    >> or xvid either strangely enough even though they're commonly called
    >> mpeg4.

    > Right at the top, under MPEG1. The OP has an mp3 file, which is an
    > audio file encoded using MPEG1 layer 3 compression, NOT MPEG3.
    >
    >> How long did it take you to find a site that *only* talks about
    >> compression algorithms and not codecs?

    > Quit trying to change directions in the middle of the river. We're
    > talking compression algorithms, not codecs. You told the OP he had an
    > MPEG3 compressed file, which he clearly did not. mp3 files do not use
    > MPEG3.

    No, we were talking about a file that doesn't play because of a mismatch
    between the codecs and the file extension. Nothing more. WMP is very
    picky about that. Most other players simply don't care. As it should be.
    The compression "standard" (if you can even use those two words together)
    is completely irrelevent.

    > It didn't take long to find that site, since I have it (and others)
    > bookmarked, something you should try. Once again, mp3 files do not
    > use MPEG3 compression, they use MPEG1 compression.There is no MPEG3
    > compression standard, it was combined into MPEG2.

    ROFL. Pure bullshit.

    And what about mpeg4?

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Mar 29, 2010
  9. alice

    Aardvark Guest

    On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 14:53:42 +0000, chuckcar wrote:

    > irrelevent

    WTF?????

    Aardvark, Mar 29, 2010
  10. alice

    raloh

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2012
    Messages:
    1

    I changed the audio hardware settings>>>>>>>>..............

    raloh, Jan 7, 2012