    when using dial up.

    Grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction

    Tony

    ANTHONY KEHOE, Jan 27, 2005

  2. ANTHONY KEHOE

    G. Morgan Guest

    Subject: mp3 downloads
    Newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    => ANTHONY KEHOE <= wrote:

    >Grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction

    Sure, uninstall Kazza immediately.

    --

    -Graham

    Remove the snails to email

    G. Morgan, Jan 27, 2005

  3. ANTHONY KEHOE

    Ionizer Guest

    "ANTHONY KEHOE" <> wrote in message
    > Recently any mp3 files downloaded from kazaa have when they have been
    > opened
    > appear to play at 32 kbps well actually I cant hear anything at all
    > additionally the playing time for example 3mb file working on a a mb per
    > minute seems to have expanded by 2 or 3 times to say 9 minutes. I
    > currently
    > use WMP 9 but have also tried real player and winamp but with the same
    > result ie extended playing time but no sound. Having recently switched
    > to a
    > broadband connection I wonder if this could be the problem as I had no
    > probs
    > when using dial up.
    >
    > Grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction

    The FastTrack Network, to which Kazaa and its "Lite" variants connect, is
    littered with fake mp3 files. RIAA chimps flood the network with fake
    files, particularly of very new music, in an effort to devaluate the
    network. Now that you're on broadband you're probably downloading more
    files than you were before, so you're now more likely to encounter these
    fake files.

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Jan 27, 2005
  4. ANTHONY KEHOE

    Plato Guest

    Seriously?

    Plato, Jan 28, 2005
  5. ANTHONY KEHOE

    Ionizer Guest

    "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message

    > Seriously?

    Surely you're not serious when you ask me that.

    (Please include "Shirley" in your response.)

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Jan 28, 2005
  6. On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 16:37:17 -0500, "Ionizer" <> wrote:

    >"Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Seriously?

    >Surely you're not serious when you ask me that.

    Trojans, virusses, malwares, you name it. It's like a fifty dollar
    whorehouse.

    The RIAA also monitors for IPs transmitting copyrighted material.

    Swill

    --
    "Local Power Company, how may I assist you today?"

    "My power is going out."

    "Have all your lights gone?"

    "No, just the one in the refrigerator."

    www.userfriendly.org

    Governor Swill, Jan 29, 2005
  7. ANTHONY KEHOE

    Plato Guest

    Ionizer wrote:

    > > Seriously?

    > Surely you're not serious when you ask me that.

    Honestly I didn't realize the recording industry was doing that. I'm not
    a music downloader so I guess I'm out of touch.

    Plato, Jan 29, 2005