    different folders, so is there any way that the file replace automatically
    in each folder.

    thank you .

    B S, Jan 4, 2005

  2. B S

    george Guest

    iTunes should be able to do that for you. Under preferences set it to
    the file that you want it converted to. Go to tools and then select
    "convert to (what ever file tyoe you selected)"

    Chris

    B S wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Does any one know a good application for converting bitrate in audio

    MP3
    > Files.
    >
    > I have many songs at 64 KBPS and I want them to convert in to 128

    Kbps, so I
    > am looking for good application which can do this and Those all are

    in

    george, Jan 4, 2005

  3. B S

    Bigbri Guest

    Hi,

    Does any one know a good application for converting bitrate in audio MP3
    Files.

    I have many songs at 64 KBPS and I want them to convert in to 128 Kbps, so I
    am looking for good application which can do this and Those all are in
    different folders, so is there any way that the file replace automatically
    in each folder.

    thank you .

    Curious why do you want to change to 128?

    --
    Bigbri

    Bigbri, Jan 4, 2005
  4. B S

    Ionizer Guest

    "B S" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Does any one know a good application for converting bitrate in audio MP3
    > Files.
    >
    > I have many songs at 64 KBPS and I want them to convert in to 128 Kbps,

    so I
    > am looking for good application which can do this and Those all are in
    > different folders, so is there any way that the file replace

    automatically
    > in each folder.

    Why would you want to do that? It will NOT make those MP3 files sound any
    better at all- it will ONLY make them larger.

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Jan 4, 2005
  5. B S

    Ditoa Guest

    On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 14:04:03 -0500, "B S" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Does any one know a good application for converting bitrate in audio MP3
    >Files.
    >
    >I have many songs at 64 KBPS and I want them to convert in to 128 Kbps, so I
    >am looking for good application which can do this and Those all are in
    >different folders, so is there any way that the file replace automatically
    >in each folder.
    >
    >thank you .

    Doing so will _not_ increase quality. It will make files which sound
    the same (or perhaps worse!) at bigger filesizes than the original.

    Unless you are changing them because you want to use them on a
    hardware player that cannot read anything other than 128kbps MP3 I
    suggest you don't touch them.

    If you want the files are a higher quality you will either have to rip
    them from the original media again (CD, etc.) or, and I don't know how
    legal this is where you live, download them in a higher quality.

    What you do is up to you. It is your responsibility to check into how
    legal it is to download the files if you decided to do that. I take no
    responsibility.

    Ditoa, Jan 4, 2005
  6. B S wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Does any one know a good application for converting bitrate in audio
    > MP3 Files.
    >
    > I have many songs at 64 KBPS and I want them to convert in to 128
    > Kbps, so I am looking for good application which can do this and
    > Those all are in different folders, so is there any way that the file
    > replace automatically in each folder.

    Simply converting from 64 to 128 bit isn't going to do anything to the
    quality of the sound at this point, if that's your end goal. - Kinda
    like re-recording an LP to CD because a CD's digital and can give better
    sound quality.

    If you want a true 128 bit version of your song, haul out your CD copy
    and re-rip it at 128.

    --

    BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
    (BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)

    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ, Jan 7, 2005