mp3.com folds

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by steve, Nov 14, 2003.

  1. steve

    steve Guest

    CNET Networks, Inc announced today that it has acquired certain assets of
    MP3.com, Inc.

    Please be advised that on Tuesday, December 2, 2003 at 12:00 PM PST the
    MP3.com website will no longer be accessible in its current form.

    CNET Networks, Inc. plans to introduce a new MP3 music service in the near
    future. If you would like to receive email updates on this service,
    including an invitation to a special members-only preview, please sign up
    here.

    MP3.com is not transferring your personal information to CNET Networks, Inc.
    or any other third party.

    On behalf of all of us at MP3.com we thank you for your patronage and
    continued support. It has been a privilege to host one of the largest and
    most diverse collections of music in the world. MP3.com wishes to express
    its sincere thanks to each of you for making us your premier destination
    for music online.

    Sincerely,
    MP3.com

    P.S. Remember that to receive email updates about CNET's new MP3 service and
    an invite to the members-only preview, you should sign up here today.

    --
    Best Regards,
    Steve Withers
    steve, Nov 14, 2003

  2. steve

    asdf Guest

    MP3.com was good, what will happen to it now CNET has it?

    "steve" <> wrote in message
    > CNET Networks, Inc announced today that it has acquired certain assets of
    > MP3.com, Inc.
    >
    > Please be advised that on Tuesday, December 2, 2003 at 12:00 PM PST the
    > MP3.com website will no longer be accessible in its current form.
    >
    > CNET Networks, Inc. plans to introduce a new MP3 music service in the near
    > future. If you would like to receive email updates on this service,
    > including an invitation to a special members-only preview, please sign up
    > here.
    >
    > MP3.com is not transferring your personal information to CNET Networks,

    Inc.
    > or any other third party.
    >
    > On behalf of all of us at MP3.com we thank you for your patronage and
    > continued support. It has been a privilege to host one of the largest and
    > most diverse collections of music in the world. MP3.com wishes to express
    > its sincere thanks to each of you for making us your premier destination
    > for music online.
    >
    > Sincerely,
    > MP3.com
    >
    > P.S. Remember that to receive email updates about CNET's new MP3 service

    and
    > an invite to the members-only preview, you should sign up here today.
    >

    > --
    > Best Regards,
    > Steve Withers
    > defenestrate: The act of throwing Windows out the window and replacing it

    on

    asdf, Nov 14, 2003

  3. steve

    harry Guest

    "steve" <> wrote in message
    > CNET Networks, Inc announced today that it has acquired certain assets of
    > MP3.com, Inc.

    <snip>
    Hah, its just another move in the game of Pigopoly, called we're in the
    shit, sell something !

    It has been owned by those champions of free content French media
    conglomerate Universal Vivendi since 2001.
    "San Francisco-based CNET Networks said it has signed a definitive agreement
    with Vivendi Universal Net USA to acquire the assets of MP3.com, with the
    deal scheduled to close in December. Terms of the transaction were not
    released. CNET Networks operates an array of technology-oriented Web sites
    including CNET.com, Builder.com, GameSpot, mySimon.com, News.com and ZDNet.
    "
    harry, Nov 14, 2003
  4. steve

    steve Guest

    asdf allegedly said:

    > MP3.com was good, what will happen to it now CNET has it?

    The note implies it is going members-only.

    --
    Best Regards,
    Steve Withers
    steve, Nov 15, 2003