MP3 Audio Player?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Fake ID, Mar 27, 2008.

  1. Fake ID

    Fake ID Guest

    I am looking for an XP PC MP3 Player similar to the old MusicMatch
    (MM) player. MM was taken over by Yahoo but some of the features
    were stipped.

    The feature I can't find on any player now is the button on
    MusicMatch that was called "Now Playing." It accessed a database run
    by MusicMatch that took the Author, Track, and CD categories from
    the ID3 tag of the MP3 and gave you a couple screen-fulls of
    information about the artist, album, and historical background of
    the song you were listening to. These reviews were very well
    written.

    Has anyone found a feature like that on any Audio Player for PCs?

    Thanx

    Posted with NewsLeecher v3.9 Beta 14
    ------------------- ----- ---- -- -

    Fake ID, Mar 27, 2008

  2. Fake ID

    Lookout Guest

    On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 15:40:58 -0500, Fake ID <> wrote:

    >I am looking for an XP PC MP3 Player similar to the old MusicMatch
    >(MM) player. MM was taken over by Yahoo but some of the features
    >were stipped.
    >
    >The feature I can't find on any player now is the button on
    >MusicMatch that was called "Now Playing." It accessed a database run
    >by MusicMatch that took the Author, Track, and CD categories from
    >the ID3 tag of the MP3 and gave you a couple screen-fulls of
    >information about the artist, album, and historical background of
    >the song you were listening to. These reviews were very well
    >written.
    >
    >Has anyone found a feature like that on any Audio Player for PCs?
    >
    >Thanx

    Just go to allmusic.com and fill it in yourself. They also have most
    of the album art. I have 3400 songs and I think I'm missing about 20
    album covers.

    Lookout, Mar 27, 2008

  3. Fake ID

    sandy58 Guest

    On Mar 27, 8:40 pm, Fake ID <> wrote:
    > I am looking for an XP PC MP3 Player similar to the old MusicMatch
    > (MM) player. MM was taken over by Yahoo but some of the features
    > were stipped.
    >
    > The feature I can't find on any player now is the button on
    > MusicMatch that was called "Now Playing." It accessed a database run
    > by MusicMatch that took the Author, Track, and CD categories from
    > the ID3 tag of the MP3 and gave you a couple screen-fulls of
    > information about the artist, album, and historical background of
    > the song you were listening to. These reviews were very well
    > written.
    >
    > Has anyone found a feature like that on any Audio Player for PCs?
    >
    > Thanx
    >
    > --
    > --------------------------------- --- -- -
    > Posted with NewsLeecher v3.9 Beta 14
    > Web @http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet
    > ------------------- ----- ---- -- -

    If any of these are good, repost.
    MusicMatch Jukebox Plus 10.00.4040
    DJ Jukebox 8.2
    The JukeBoxer v3.9.0.0 (c) 2006 thejukeboxer.com
    MediaMonkey 3.0.0.1109 RC3
    MusicMatch Jukebox (v6.00.0255) - Free download (Is this the "old"
    version?)
    http://www.softlookup.com/download.asp?d=N&id=18759

    sandy58, Mar 28, 2008
  4. Fake ID

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>, Fake ID
    <> wrote:

    > I am looking for an XP PC MP3 Player similar to the old MusicMatch
    > (MM) player. MM was taken over by Yahoo but some of the features
    > were stipped.
    >
    > The feature I can't find on any player now is the button on
    > MusicMatch that was called "Now Playing." It accessed a database run
    > by MusicMatch that took the Author, Track, and CD categories from
    > the ID3 tag of the MP3 and gave you a couple screen-fulls of
    > information about the artist, album, and historical background of
    > the song you were listening to. These reviews were very well
    > written.
    >
    > Has anyone found a feature like that on any Audio Player for PCs?
    >
    > Thanx

    Such afeature wont be built into the program; it's a function of the
    service you connect to -- that is, the player has to connect to some
    server to get the info you mean.
    As it is, most digital music players already support plenty of the
    standard tags and will give you much of that info. But they are
    connecting to public databases, AFAIK, to get it, and I don't know if
    any have that 'review' info you mean.

    I use iTunes, which stores all the tags and makes them easily editable,
    and a Widget in Mac OS X looks up album art and lyrics when I play each
    track.

    Mitch, Mar 29, 2008
  5. Fake ID

    Lookout Guest

    On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 14:56:52 -1000, Mitch <> wrote:

    >In article <>, Fake ID
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >> I am looking for an XP PC MP3 Player similar to the old MusicMatch
    >> (MM) player. MM was taken over by Yahoo but some of the features
    >> were stipped.
    >>
    >> The feature I can't find on any player now is the button on
    >> MusicMatch that was called "Now Playing." It accessed a database run
    >> by MusicMatch that took the Author, Track, and CD categories from
    >> the ID3 tag of the MP3 and gave you a couple screen-fulls of
    >> information about the artist, album, and historical background of
    >> the song you were listening to. These reviews were very well
    >> written.
    >>
    >> Has anyone found a feature like that on any Audio Player for PCs?
    >>
    >> Thanx

    >Such afeature wont be built into the program; it's a function of the
    >service you connect to -- that is, the player has to connect to some
    >server to get the info you mean.
    >As it is, most digital music players already support plenty of the
    >standard tags and will give you much of that info. But they are
    >connecting to public databases, AFAIK, to get it, and I don't know if
    >any have that 'review' info you mean.
    >
    >I use iTunes, which stores all the tags and makes them easily editable,
    >and a Widget in Mac OS X looks up album art and lyrics when I play each
    >track.

    I tunes is a resource hog and it will corrupt your other programs.
    Just do it manually with MusicMatch.

    Lookout, Mar 29, 2008
  6. Fake ID

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>, Lookout
    <> wrote:

    > I tunes is a resource hog and it will corrupt your other programs.

    Justify either of those claims?
    You might be able to show the first in some degree -- the second seems
    nonsense.

    > Just do it manually with MusicMatch.

    Do WHAT manually? The OP mentioned a couple things, I mentioned a
    couple things -- and I don't see any clue what you might do manually.

    Mitch, Mar 31, 2008
  7. Fake ID

    Lookout Guest

    On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 06:58:58 -1000, Mitch <> wrote:

    >In article <>, Lookout
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >> I tunes is a resource hog and it will corrupt your other programs.

    >Justify either of those claims?
    >You might be able to show the first in some degree -- the second seems
    >nonsense.

    I can't begin to list the sites dedicated to problems with the IPOD.

    >> Just do it manually with MusicMatch.

    >Do WHAT manually? The OP mentioned a couple things, I mentioned a
    >couple things -- and I don't see any clue what you might do manually.

    You can add the ID tag info manually including the album art.

    Lookout, Mar 31, 2008