Mozmail vs. Thunderbird...

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Axl, Aug 18, 2003.

  1. Axl

    Axl Guest

    Which is better? This came up when I asked about the spellcheck.

    I thought thunderbird was just the mozmail standalone???
     
    Axl, Aug 18, 2003
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Axl wrote:

    > Which is better? This came up when I asked about the spellcheck.
    >
    > I thought thunderbird was just the mozmail standalone???
    >

    Well, its a matter of choice. TB is MozMail is a standalone version,
    but is beginning to diverge a bit. While the base gui is a bit behind
    where MozMail is currently, the addition of extensions can make up for it.

    The roadmap for Moz seems to be heading awau from the seamonkey suite,
    and basing new releases on Firebird/Thunderbird. As yet that hasn't
    happened.

    If you like playing with themes, themers have some work to do in getting
    themes that work with TB.

    I've been using TB as my default mail and news client from most of the
    summer, and I'm pretty happy with it.

    Lee
     
    Leonidas Jones, Aug 19, 2003
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Axl

    Axl Guest

    I actually just DLed it earlier today. I like TB a lot...it seems to
    have everything I used w/ Mozmail, but has the spellcheck which is very
    handy. I dont care too much about matching themes and whatnot, so this
    seems to workout great!

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Axl wrote:
    >
    >> Which is better? This came up when I asked about the spellcheck.
    >>
    >> I thought thunderbird was just the mozmail standalone???
    >>

    > Well, its a matter of choice. TB is MozMail is a standalone version,
    > but is beginning to diverge a bit. While the base gui is a bit behind
    > where MozMail is currently, the addition of extensions can make up for it.
    >
    > The roadmap for Moz seems to be heading awau from the seamonkey suite,
    > and basing new releases on Firebird/Thunderbird. As yet that hasn't
    > happened.
    >
    > If you like playing with themes, themers have some work to do in getting
    > themes that work with TB.
    >
    > I've been using TB as my default mail and news client from most of the
    > summer, and I'm pretty happy with it.
    >
    > Lee
    >
     
    Axl, Aug 19, 2003
    #3
  4. Axl wrote:
    > I actually just DLed it earlier today. I like TB a lot...it seems to
    > have everything I used w/ Mozmail, but has the spellcheck which is very
    > handy. I dont care too much about matching themes and whatnot, so this
    > seems to workout great!
    >
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >> Axl wrote:
    >>
    >>> Which is better? This came up when I asked about the spellcheck.
    >>>
    >>> I thought thunderbird was just the mozmail standalone???
    >>>

    >> Well, its a matter of choice. TB is MozMail is a standalone version,
    >> but is beginning to diverge a bit. While the base gui is a bit behind
    >> where MozMail is currently, the addition of extensions can make up for
    >> it.
    >>
    >> The roadmap for Moz seems to be heading awau from the seamonkey suite,
    >> and basing new releases on Firebird/Thunderbird. As yet that hasn't
    >> happened.
    >>
    >> If you like playing with themes, themers have some work to do in
    >> getting themes that work with TB.
    >>
    >> I've been using TB as my default mail and news client from most of the
    >> summer, and I'm pretty happy with it.
    >>
    >> Lee
    >>

    >

    For the record, the Spellchecker is cheeked into Moz from 1.5 on,
    basically the same checker as T'bird has.

    Lee
     
    Leonidas Jones, Aug 19, 2003
    #4
  5. Axl

    Axl Guest

    So do you think the 1.5 mozmail will be better than TB?


    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Axl wrote:
    >
    >> I actually just DLed it earlier today. I like TB a lot...it seems to
    >> have everything I used w/ Mozmail, but has the spellcheck which is
    >> very handy. I dont care too much about matching themes and whatnot, so
    >> this seems to workout great!
    >>
    >> Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >>
    >>> Axl wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Which is better? This came up when I asked about the spellcheck.
    >>>>
    >>>> I thought thunderbird was just the mozmail standalone???
    >>>>
    >>> Well, its a matter of choice. TB is MozMail is a standalone version,
    >>> but is beginning to diverge a bit. While the base gui is a bit
    >>> behind where MozMail is currently, the addition of extensions can
    >>> make up for it.
    >>>
    >>> The roadmap for Moz seems to be heading awau from the seamonkey
    >>> suite, and basing new releases on Firebird/Thunderbird. As yet that
    >>> hasn't happened.
    >>>
    >>> If you like playing with themes, themers have some work to do in
    >>> getting themes that work with TB.
    >>>
    >>> I've been using TB as my default mail and news client from most of
    >>> the summer, and I'm pretty happy with it.
    >>>
    >>> Lee
    >>>

    >>

    > For the record, the Spellchecker is cheeked into Moz from 1.5 on,
    > basically the same checker as T'bird has.
    >
    > Lee
    >
     
    Axl, Aug 19, 2003
    #5
  6. Axl wrote:

    > So do you think the 1.5 mozmail will be better than TB?
    >
    >
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >> Axl wrote:
    >>
    >>> I actually just DLed it earlier today. I like TB a lot...it seems to
    >>> have everything I used w/ Mozmail, but has the spellcheck which is
    >>> very handy. I dont care too much about matching themes and whatnot,
    >>> so this seems to workout great!
    >>>
    >>> Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Axl wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Which is better? This came up when I asked about the spellcheck.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> I thought thunderbird was just the mozmail standalone???
    >>>>>
    >>>> Well, its a matter of choice. TB is MozMail is a standalone
    >>>> version, but is beginning to diverge a bit. While the base gui is a
    >>>> bit behind where MozMail is currently, the addition of extensions
    >>>> can make up for it.
    >>>>
    >>>> The roadmap for Moz seems to be heading awau from the seamonkey
    >>>> suite, and basing new releases on Firebird/Thunderbird. As yet that
    >>>> hasn't happened.
    >>>>
    >>>> If you like playing with themes, themers have some work to do in
    >>>> getting themes that work with TB.
    >>>>
    >>>> I've been using TB as my default mail and news client from most of
    >>>> the summer, and I'm pretty happy with it.
    >>>>
    >>>> Lee
    >>>>
    >>>

    >> For the record, the Spellchecker is cheeked into Moz from 1.5 on,
    >> basically the same checker as T'bird has.
    >>
    >> Lee
    >>

    >

    With the extensions set up to your liking, there isn't a lot of
    difference. Moz has more working themes at the moment. T'bird works
    better with hyperlinks in emails, in that it will open your default
    browser, MozMail will open the Moz browser whether you want it to or
    not. If you're using Moz as both default browser and mail, that's not
    an issue.

    I was using MozMail as default since 1.0 came out. I've been using
    T'bird as default for a couple of months. I like them both. I'll
    probably stay with T'bird, though I would probably hardly notice a
    switch to Moz.

    Lee
     
    Leonidas Jones, Aug 19, 2003
    #6
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. jimm67(nospam)

    Linking Firebird / Thunderbird

    jimm67(nospam), Jul 6, 2003, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,471
    jimm67(nospam)
    Jul 6, 2003
  2. Axl
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    3,224
    Hellmark
    Aug 30, 2003
  3. mapmaker
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    1,063
    Leonidas Jones
    Mar 5, 2005
  4. Replies:
    2
    Views:
    476
    Leonidas Jones
    Mar 22, 2005
  5. attila001122
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,124
    attila001122
    Jun 6, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page