Mozilla's Firefox warning

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Bill, Jan 6, 2005.

  1. Bill

    Bill Guest

    I downloaded and installed Firefox. It turned out to be a crude program so I
    uninstalled it according to their directions.

    Now I can't access Web pages and can't figure out how to remove the bug.

    When I try to access any URL I get the following message;

    "Windows cannot find Firefox.exe
    This program is needed for opening files of type 'URL:HyperText transfer
    protocol"

    Of course Windows can't find Firefox.exe, I uninstalled it.

    Mozilla wants $39 for technical help. Some free software!! I think Mozella
    is a suckers game and I was a sucker.

    Is there anyone that can tell me how to get out of this problem?

    --
    Bill

    Bill, Jan 6, 2005

  2. Bill

    David Guest

    Do a system restore (if you have xp or me) to before you installed
    firefox.
    Dave

    David, Jan 6, 2005

  3. "Bill" <> wrote in message
    >I downloaded and installed Firefox. It turned out to be a crude program so
    > uninstalled it according to their directions.
    >
    > Now I can't access Web pages and can't figure out how to remove the bug.
    >
    > When I try to access any URL I get the following message;
    >
    > "Windows cannot find Firefox.exe
    > This program is needed for opening files of type 'URL:HyperText transfer
    > protocol"
    >
    > Of course Windows can't find Firefox.exe, I uninstalled it.
    >
    > Mozilla wants $39 for technical help. Some free software!! I think Mozella
    > is a suckers game and I was a sucker.
    >
    > Is there anyone that can tell me how to get out of this problem?

    Yikes! I downloaded the same program, only I didn't allow it to become my
    default browswer... My best advice would be to ask Thor for help... Thor
    knows everything... as far as I know....

    Buckaroo Banzai, Jan 6, 2005
  4. Bill

    colin Guest

    Bill <> wrote in message
    > I downloaded and installed Firefox. It turned out to be a crude program so

    > uninstalled it according to their directions.
    >
    > Now I can't access Web pages and can't figure out how to remove the bug.
    >
    > When I try to access any URL I get the following message;
    >
    > "Windows cannot find Firefox.exe
    > This program is needed for opening files of type 'URL:HyperText transfer
    > protocol"
    >
    > Of course Windows can't find Firefox.exe, I uninstalled it.
    >
    > Mozilla wants $39 for technical help. Some free software!! I think Mozella
    > is a suckers game and I was a sucker.
    >
    > Is there anyone that can tell me how to get out of this problem?
    >
    > --
    > Bill

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=284456
    1. Open Control Panel and double-click Internet Options.
    2. Click the Programs tab.
    3. Click to select the Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is
    the default browser check box.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Start Internet Explorer and when you are prompted to make it the default
    browser, click Yes.

    colin, Jan 6, 2005
  5. Bill

    Ross Durie Guest

    A real dumb sucker at that.

    --
    Ross

    Ross Durie, Jan 6, 2005
  6. Bill

    The One Guest

    "Buckaroo Banzai" <> wrote in message

    > "Bill" <> wrote in message
    >>I downloaded and installed Firefox. It turned out to be a crude program so
    >> uninstalled it according to their directions.
    >>
    >> Now I can't access Web pages and can't figure out how to remove the bug.
    >>
    >> When I try to access any URL I get the following message;
    >>
    >> "Windows cannot find Firefox.exe
    >> This program is needed for opening files of type 'URL:HyperText transfer
    >> protocol"
    >>
    >> Of course Windows can't find Firefox.exe, I uninstalled it.
    >>
    >> Mozilla wants $39 for technical help. Some free software!! I think
    >> Mozella
    >> is a suckers game and I was a sucker.
    >>
    >> Is there anyone that can tell me how to get out of this problem?

    > Yikes! I downloaded the same program, only I didn't allow it to become my
    > default browswer... My best advice would be to ask Thor for help... Thor
    > knows everything... as far as I know....

    But not as much as Kandicktchi Man

    The One, Jan 6, 2005
  7. Bill wrote:
    > I downloaded and installed Firefox. It turned out to be a crude program so I
    > uninstalled it according to their directions.
    >
    > Now I can't access Web pages and can't figure out how to remove the bug.
    >
    > When I try to access any URL I get the following message;
    >
    > "Windows cannot find Firefox.exe
    > This program is needed for opening files of type 'URL:HyperText transfer
    > protocol"
    >
    > Of course Windows can't find Firefox.exe, I uninstalled it.
    >
    > Mozilla wants $39 for technical help. Some free software!! I think Mozella
    > is a suckers game and I was a sucker.
    >
    > Is there anyone that can tell me how to get out of this problem?

    What is your OS? If Windows XP, then:

    Click Start-Control Panel-Folder Options-File Types
    Scroll down to file type HTML
    Change the "opens with" option

    John Wentworth, Jan 6, 2005
  8. Bill

    JTJersey Guest

    On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 01:48:26 +0000, Bill wrote:

    > I downloaded and installed Firefox. It turned out to be a crude program so I
    > uninstalled it according to their directions.
    >
    > Now I can't access Web pages and can't figure out how to remove the bug.
    >
    > When I try to access any URL I get the following message;
    >
    > "Windows cannot find Firefox.exe
    > This program is needed for opening files of type 'URL:HyperText transfer
    > protocol"
    >
    > Of course Windows can't find Firefox.exe, I uninstalled it.
    >
    > Mozilla wants $39 for technical help. Some free software!! I think Mozella
    > is a suckers game and I was a sucker.
    >
    > Is there anyone that can tell me how to get out of this problem?

    I've got Firefox loaded in Mandrake/Linux 10.0, Windows98SE and WindowsXP
    as my default browsers with no problems. Your post doesn't sound like a
    legitimate request for help, but more like the rantings of a troll.

    --
    Registered Linux User #267152

    JTJersey, Jan 6, 2005
  9. Bill

    Bill Guest

    "Ross Durie" <> wrote in message
    > A real dumb sucker at that.

    It's always a pleasure to receive help from idiots!

    Bill, Jan 6, 2005
  10. Bill

    Bill Guest

    It's Windows 98SE

    --
    Bill

    Bill, Jan 6, 2005
  11. Bill

    Bill Guest

    What would be the purpose of my asking for help if I wanted to post a troll?
    I can't get my Win98SE to operate properly since I tried Firefox? If you
    can't help - don't reply with insults.

    --
    Bill

    Bill, Jan 6, 2005
  12. Bill

    Bill Guest

    Thanks much for your help. Yours was the only reply that offered a sensible
    solution.

    You fixed the problem!

    --
    Bill

    Bill, Jan 6, 2005
  13. Bill

    Jim Berwick Guest

    "Bill" <> wrote in news:KN0Dd.70060$uM5.201@bgtnsc05-
    news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

    > When I try to access any URL I get the following message;

    *sigh*.

    Tools, control panel, internet options (or network and internet connections
    -> internet options), Programs, "Internet Explorer should check if it is
    the default browser".

    Jim Berwick, Jan 8, 2005