Mozilla's Firefox v1.5

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Vrodok the Troll, Nov 16, 2005.

  1. Vrodok the Troll, Nov 16, 2005

  2. Vrodok the Troll wrote:
    > Does it (v1.5; "Final", "Release", as of this typing) really exist?
    >
    > http://www.majorgeeks.com/
    >

    > "Mozilla Firefox 1.5"
    >
    > http://www.majorgeeks.com/Mozilla_Firefox_d2248.html
    >
    > Not according to the Mozilla-site itself;
    > http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
    >
    > So... why is Majorgeeks advertising? They have an "inside track"?
    >
    > Oh yes; filename from Majorgeeks is --> firefox-1.5.en-us.win32.installer.exe

    Its not on Mozillazine, its not on mozilla.org. I would suggest waiting
    for the official source.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Nov 16, 2005

  3. On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 01:58:59 GMT, in alt.fan.mozilla, Leonidas Jones
    <>, by way of Message-id
    <Dnwef.107674$>, wrote:

    >Vrodok the Troll wrote:
    >> Does it (v1.5; "Final", "Release", as of this typing) really exist?
    >>
    >> http://www.majorgeeks.com/
    >>

    >> "Mozilla Firefox 1.5"
    >>
    >> http://www.majorgeeks.com/Mozilla_Firefox_d2248.html
    >>
    >> Not according to the Mozilla-site itself;
    >> http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
    >>
    >> So... why is Majorgeeks advertising? They have an "inside track"?
    >>
    >> Oh yes; filename from Majorgeeks is --> firefox-1.5.en-us.win32.installer.exe

    >Its not on Mozillazine, its not on mozilla.org. I would suggest waiting
    >for the official source.
    >
    >Lee

    I was also thinking along those lines. Into the trash goes 1 installer.

    Vrodok the Troll, Nov 16, 2005
  4. Vrodok the Troll

    History Fan Guest

    Majorgeeks will occasionally list beta software on their website,
    without mentioning it is beta. They did that with QuickTime 7.

    History Fan, Nov 16, 2005
  5. On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 17:38:30 -0500, in alt.fan.mozilla, "History Fan"
    <>, by way of Message-id
    <3f9d3$437bb4ed$483112d3$>, wrote:

    >"Vrodok the Troll" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Does it (v1.5; "Final", "Release", as of this typing) really exist?
    >>
    >> http://www.majorgeeks.com/
    >>

    >> "Mozilla Firefox 1.5"
    >>
    >> http://www.majorgeeks.com/Mozilla_Firefox_d2248.html
    >>
    >> Not according to the Mozilla-site itself;
    >> http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
    >>
    >> So... why is Majorgeeks advertising? They have an "inside track"?
    >>
    >> Oh yes; filename from Majorgeeks is -->
    >> firefox-1.5.en-us.win32.installer.exe

    > Majorgeeks will occasionally list beta software on their website,
    >without mentioning it is beta. They did that with QuickTime 7.

    Grrr :-(

    Vrodok the Troll, Nov 17, 2005