    Is Mozilla brouser the same as Netscape?

    Thanks,

    Michael

    Michael M, Jul 5, 2004

  2. Michael  M

    Gordon Guest

    "Michael M" <> wrote in message
    news:hYhGc.18267$...
    > Is Mozilla brouser the same as Netscape?
    >

    > Thanks,
    >

    > Michael

    They both use the Gecko rendering engine (if you are talking about the
    latest versions......)

    Gordon, Jul 5, 2004

  3. Michael  M

    Michael M Guest

    What I meant was is mozilla/firefox a seperate browser from netscape? In
    other words are they 2 different brousers that you can can connet to the
    internet with.

    Thanks,

    Michael
    "Gordon" <> wrote in message

    Michael M, Jul 5, 2004
  4. Michael  M

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Yes.

    pcbutts1, Jul 5, 2004
  5. Alexander Rogge, Jul 5, 2004
  6. Alexander Rogge wrote:

    >> What I meant was is mozilla/firefox a seperate browser from netscape?

    > Yes; the Netscape software, however, was not originally based on Mozilla.
    >
    > http://wp.netscape.com/company/about/backgrounder.html

    Rather old info. I think you'll find modern versions of Netscape are
    basically Mozilla thats been dipped in hot tar and rolled in AOL
    feathers before being released.

    In fact, at the moment I'm using Netscape 7.1 and when I click on Help
    and then About, the first thing listed after Netscape 7.1 is Mozilla.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 5, 2004
  7. Michael M wrote:

    > Is Mozilla brouser the same as Netscape?

    NS uses the same engine, but it hangs all kinds of AOL shit on it.
    Also, NS uses an older version, so Mozilla is a small step or two ahead
    of it.

    Go with Mozilla.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    New June 23:

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 5, 2004
  8. >> http://wp.netscape.com/company/about/backgrounder.html

    > Rather old info. I think you'll find modern versions of Netscape are
    > basically Mozilla thats been dipped in hot tar and rolled in AOL
    > feathers before being released.

    Netscape v.7.1 is based on the old Mozilla v.1.4 code and has AOL junk
    attached to it. Netscape v.7.2 is supposed to include code from Mozilla
    v.1.7.

    Alexander Rogge, Jul 5, 2004
  9. Michael  M

    Gordon Guest

    Blinky the Shark cogitated deeply and scribbled thusly:
    > Michael M wrote:
    >

    >>Is Mozilla brouser the same as Netscape?

    > NS uses the same engine, but it hangs all kinds of AOL shit on it.
    > Also, NS uses an older version, so Mozilla is a small step or two ahead
    > of it.
    >
    > Go with Mozilla.

    Even better, go with Firefox if all you are after is a browser.

    Gordon, Jul 5, 2004
  10. Gordon wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark cogitated deeply and scribbled thusly:

    >> Michael M wrote:

    >>>Is Mozilla brouser the same as Netscape?

    >> NS uses the same engine, but it hangs all kinds of AOL shit on it.
    >> Also, NS uses an older version, so Mozilla is a small step or two ahead
    >> of it.

    >> Go with Mozilla.

    > Even better, go with Firefox if all you are after is a browser.

    Even better better <g> go with Mozilla and dump OE (OP's still using
    that, too). :)

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 6, 2004