    sandra Guest

    Does anyone know which is better to use in the long run-- Mozilla
    or IE as a browser default?--charlie
    sandra, Jan 8, 2004

  2. sandra

    MrToad Guest

    "sandra" <> Ran in the back door and shouted

    > Does anyone know which is better to use in the long run-- Mozilla
    > or IE as a browser default?--charlie

    Depends on what YOU want.
    Since I use Mozilla the most, it's my default.
    How you set yours up is completely up to you.

    --
    MrToad
    MrToad, Jan 8, 2004

  3. sandra

    jtw Guest

    On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 08:50:13 -0600, "sandra" <> wrote:

    >Does anyone know which is better to use in the long run-- Mozilla
    >or IE as a browser default?--charlie

    I've been using Firebird for months now. Faster and more stable than
    IE. I use it 99% of the time. There are a few pages, my helpdesk
    software, that does not work correctly with Firebird. Don't mind
    having to use IE for only a handful of sites.

    jtw

    --
    UsenetRocket.com
    http://www.UsenetRocket.com
    jtw, Jan 8, 2004
  4. sandra wrote:
    > Does anyone know which is better to use in the long run-- Mozilla
    > or IE as a browser default?

    Opera.
    michael turner, Jan 8, 2004
  5. sandra

    Boomer Guest

    "sandra" <> wrote in news:xaKdnQCDcKGO82CiRVn-
    :

    > Does anyone know which is better to use in the long run-- Mozilla
    > or IE as a browser default?--charlie

    Mozilla.
    Nice popup killer, cookie manager and much more.
    Boomer, Jan 8, 2004
  6. sandra

    Unknown Guest

    Stick with a Microsoft product---------------IE.

    Unknown, Jan 8, 2004
  7. Boomer <> wrote in

    > "sandra" <> wrote in news:xaKdnQCDcKGO82CiRVn-
    > :
    >
    >> Does anyone know which is better to use in the long run-- Mozilla
    >> or IE as a browser default?--charlie

    > Mozilla.
    > Nice popup killer, cookie manager and much more.

    And, to break the apparent tie, I will weigh in with one more vote for
    Mozilla. Obviously, less often hijacked than IE. I find it more useable,
    faster, and less cumbersome than Opera.

    Note: Opinions expressed here are my own and I expect them to be treated as
    such. I will *not* engage in the commonly argumentative-type discussion
    concerning the relative merits of each available browser.

    --
    Skorpion (CET)

    I went to the store the other day to buy a bolt for our front door,
    for as I told the storekeeper, the governor was coming here. "Aye,"
    said he, "and the Legislature, too." "Then I will take two bolts,"
    said I. He said that there had been a steady demand for bolts and
    locks of late, for our protectors were coming.
    --Henry David Thoreau
    Skorpion (CET), Jan 8, 2004
  8. AvantBrowser 8?

    Anyone using this yet? Current issue of Computer Active gives it a good
    review.
    http://www.avantbrowser.com/

    --

    Kenny

    "Cigarettes are killers that travel in packs."

    Kenny Cargill, Jan 8, 2004
  9. sandra

    Boomer Guest

    Re: AvantBrowser 8?

    "Kenny Cargill" <> wrote in

    > Anyone using this yet? Current issue of Computer Active gives it
    > a good review.
    > http://www.avantbrowser.com/
    >
    > --
    >
    > Kenny

    Isn't that just a shell for IE?

    Boomer, Jan 8, 2004
  10. sandra

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 08:50:13 -0600, sandra wrote:

    >Does anyone know which is better to use in the long run-- Mozilla
    >or IE as a browser default?--charlie

    Depends what you mean by 'better'?

    Mozilla used 99% of time, IE used for online ordering as some online
    shopping scripts have working 'reset form' buttons which work in all
    browsers. However the sumbit button is usually scripted badly and is
    broken except in IE.

    My scrolling screen capture app also works in MSIE better, so when
    ordering I get captures of the transaction in 1 bit rather than
    sections.

    Me
    why?, Jan 8, 2004
  11. sandra wrote:

    > Does anyone know which is better to use in the long run-- Mozilla
    > or IE as a browser default?--charlie

    To add to what "why?" said....

    MSIE / MSOE is a volitile combination from a security perspective as
    well. Ask anyone who'se had to clean up a viral system, and they'll
    likely tell you they missed a Critical Update about IE... whereas
    Mozilla is *hugely* less bug-prone. (Nothing's 100%, but DAMN! Its
    pretty damned good.)

    BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
    (BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)
    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ, Jan 8, 2004
  12. sandra

    B.Al.Zeebub Guest

    On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 08:50:13 -0600, Be.Al.Zeebub read and pondered:

    > Does anyone know which is better to use in the long run-- Mozilla
    > or IE as a browser default?--charlie

    The aptly named Konqueror. Penguinistas try this trick: Window > Split
    view Left/Right. Click on a pane to make it active. Play time. Multiply
    the fun with tabs.

    --
    B.Al.Zeebub
    Registered Linux User #339345
    B.Al.Zeebub, Jan 9, 2004
  13. sandra

    jimpgh2002 Guest

    Re: AvantBrowser 8?

    On 08 Jan 2004 19:26:27 GMT, Boomer <>
    wrote:

    >"Kenny Cargill" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Anyone using this yet? Current issue of Computer Active gives it
    >> a good review.
    >> http://www.avantbrowser.com/
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Kenny

    >Isn't that just a shell for IE?

    Yes, it adds Tabs, among other things. I'm torn between it &
    Firebird.
    I'm running Avant 9.01 Beta 1 at the moment...pretty stable, but hangs
    occassionally.
    jimpgh2002, Jan 9, 2004
  14. sandra

    Boomer Guest

    Re: AvantBrowser 8?

    jimpgh2002 <> wrote in

    > On 08 Jan 2004 19:26:27 GMT, Boomer <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>"Kenny Cargill" <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> Anyone using this yet? Current issue of Computer Active gives
    >>> it a good review.
    >>> http://www.avantbrowser.com/
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>>
    >>> Kenny

    >>Isn't that just a shell for IE?
    >>

    > Yes, it adds Tabs, among other things. I'm torn between it &
    > Firebird.
    > I'm running Avant 9.01 Beta 1 at the moment...pretty stable, but
    > hangs occassionally.

    I prefer something thats being developed daily. I'll stick with Moz!
    :)
    Boomer, Jan 9, 2004
  15. sandra wrote:

    > Does anyone know which is better to use in the long run-- Mozilla
    > or IE as a browser default?--charlie

    Mozilla, in the long run, the medium run and the short run.

    --
    Blinky Registered Linux User #297263
    Blinky the Shark, Jan 9, 2004
  16. B.Al.Zeebub wrote:

    > On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 08:50:13 -0600, Be.Al.Zeebub read and pondered:
    >
    >> Does anyone know which is better to use in the long run-- Mozilla
    >> or IE as a browser default?--charlie

    > The aptly named Konqueror. Penguinistas try this trick: Window > Split
    > view Left/Right. Click on a pane to make it active. Play time. Multiply
    > the fun with tabs.

    Speaking of the aptly named Konqueror -- for the *non*-Penguinistas,
    check out the dropdown for "Location" on the main menu. Now imagine a MS
    product offering choices like these other browsers for opening that URL.
    Of course they never will -- they'd be scared to. :)

    http://blinkynet.net/screens/choices.jpg

    --
    Blinky Registered Linux User #297263
    Blinky the Shark, Jan 9, 2004
  17. michael turner wrote:

    >>Does anyone know which is better to use in the long run-- Mozilla
    >>or IE as a browser default?

    > Opera.

    I'm surprised no one's mentioned either IBrowse or Lynx yet.

    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ, Jan 9, 2004