    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Adam
    Adam Bailey, Oct 6, 2003

  2. Adam Bailey wrote:

    > I'm running mozilla 1.4, and it won't save my bookmarks. I can bookmark
    > pages, and they will be there until I close mozilla. When I open it
    > again, they are gone. This goes for deleting bookmarks as well. They
    > stay deleted through one session, then appear again. I had this problem
    > also in 1.3 and upgraded to 1.4, hoping that would fix the problem, but
    > it didn't. The problem started after I re-formatted my HD, and imported
    > my old bookmarks (I used netscape 6.2 before the re-format) into a
    > fresh install of 1.3.
    > Any help is greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Adam

    First of all, try creating a new profile, and place some bookmarks in
    it. Do you notice the problem?

    If that goes well, copy bookmarks.html from the old profile into the new
    one, overwriting what's there. OPen the new profile, do you notice the
    problem?

    This tells us whether the problem is in the profile or the program, and
    whether the bookmarks.html file has a problem.

    Since you originally created this profile in 6.2, there is certainly a
    chance that the profile itself is corrupted.

    Let us know how these two tests turn out.

    Lee
    --
    Leonidas Jones
    Mozilla Champion
    Leonidas Jones, Oct 6, 2003

  3. Adam Bailey

    Adam Bailey Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > Adam Bailey wrote:
    >
    >> I'm running mozilla 1.4, and it won't save my bookmarks. I can
    >> bookmark pages, and they will be there until I close mozilla. When I
    >> open it again, they are gone. This goes for deleting bookmarks as
    >> well. They stay deleted through one session, then appear again. I
    >> had this problem also in 1.3 and upgraded to 1.4, hoping that would
    >> fix the problem, but it didn't. The problem started after I
    >> re-formatted my HD, and imported my old bookmarks (I used netscape
    >> 6.2 before the re-format) into a fresh install of 1.3.
    >> Any help is greatly appreciated.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Adam
    >>

    > First of all, try creating a new profile, and place some bookmarks in
    > it. Do you notice the problem?
    >
    > If that goes well, copy bookmarks.html from the old profile into the new
    > one, overwriting what's there. OPen the new profile, do you notice the
    > problem?
    >
    > This tells us whether the problem is in the profile or the program, and
    > whether the bookmarks.html file has a problem.
    >
    > Since you originally created this profile in 6.2, there is certainly a
    > chance that the profile itself is corrupted.
    >
    > Let us know how these two tests turn out.
    >
    > Lee

    Looks like it was a problem with the proflie. I created a new profile,
    saved a few bookmarks to test it, then imported my old bookmarks and
    restarted mozilla a couple times. Seems to be working fine.

    Thanks for the help,
    Adam
    Adam Bailey, Oct 6, 2003
  4. Adam Bailey wrote:

    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >> Adam Bailey wrote:
    >>
    >>> I'm running mozilla 1.4, and it won't save my bookmarks. I can
    >>> bookmark pages, and they will be there until I close mozilla. When I
    >>> open it again, they are gone. This goes for deleting bookmarks as
    >>> well. They stay deleted through one session, then appear again. I
    >>> had this problem also in 1.3 and upgraded to 1.4, hoping that would
    >>> fix the problem, but it didn't. The problem started after I
    >>> re-formatted my HD, and imported my old bookmarks (I used netscape
    >>> 6.2 before the re-format) into a fresh install of 1.3.
    >>> Any help is greatly appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Adam
    >>>

    >> First of all, try creating a new profile, and place some bookmarks in
    >> it. Do you notice the problem?
    >>
    >> If that goes well, copy bookmarks.html from the old profile into the
    >> new one, overwriting what's there. OPen the new profile, do you
    >> notice the problem?
    >>
    >> This tells us whether the problem is in the profile or the program,
    >> and whether the bookmarks.html file has a problem.
    >>
    >> Since you originally created this profile in 6.2, there is certainly a
    >> chance that the profile itself is corrupted.
    >>
    >> Let us know how these two tests turn out.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > Looks like it was a problem with the proflie. I created a new profile,
    > saved a few bookmarks to test it, then imported my old bookmarks and
    > restarted mozilla a couple times. Seems to be working fine.
    >
    > Thanks for the help,
    > Adam

    Great, glad its working better. If you need to import information from
    the old prfile to the new, take a look at mozilla.org's profile help page:

    http://www.mozilla.org/start/1.0/faq/profile.html

    Most particularlt:

    http://www.mozilla.org/start/1.0/faq/profile.html#rescue