mozilla trouble

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by ALEXB, May 8, 2005.

  1. ALEXB

    ALEXB Guest

    I downloaded Mozilla FireFox and ThunderBird. I found them both
    unsatisfactory. On the one hand the interface is irritating and not really
    convenient, on the other hand it does not recognize hotmail. On top of that
    I had other issues and while working with Ameritrade technicians I found out
    that Mozilla do not provide any support for them and they therefore do not
    support Firebox.

    In short, I uninstalled both. Numerous problems ensued. On the one hand the
    following statement:

    extern cHandle ShellExecute (cHandle, cstring, cstring, cstring, ;

    cstring, CINT) shell32 from "ShellExecuteA"

    won't work anymore. I do programming in dBASE Plus and address ShellExecuteA
    as well as WritePrivateProfileString which is in there.

    Before when I clicked on highlighted URLs in OE I could invoke a
    corresponding webpage. It would just come up. Now this capability is gone.
    The same is true if I touch highlighted text on webpage in Internet
    Explorer.

    While looking for newsgroups with Mozilla content I realized that this
    software is Netscape related. Bad omen! If I knew it in advance I would have
    never downloaded this garbage. I had trouble with Netscape years ago when I
    downloaded (purchased) their navigator and everything else stopped working.
    The malicious developers kill everything in your computer they can possibly
    find useful. The company should have been taken to task by Elliot Spitzer
    long ago.

    I need help. How to restore my ability to address the module I mentioned
    above? I am sure the ThunderBird or FireFox created my troubles.

    Thanks

    ALEXB, May 8, 2005

  2. ALEXB wrote:
    > I downloaded Mozilla FireFox and ThunderBird. I found them both
    > unsatisfactory.

    <snip rest of rant>

    After bad-mouthing the software so much, why do you think anyone here
    will want to help?

    --
    Regards

    Nigel Stapley

    www.judgemental.plus.com

    <reply-to will bounce>

    Nigel Stapley, May 8, 2005

  3. ALEXB

    default Guest

    On Sun, 8 May 2005 17:29:01 -0400, "ALEXB" <>
    wrote:

    >I downloaded Mozilla FireFox and ThunderBird. I found them both
    >unsatisfactory. On the one hand the interface is irritating and not really
    >convenient, on the other hand it does not recognize hotmail. On top of that
    >I had other issues and while working with Ameritrade technicians I found out
    >that Mozilla do not provide any support for them and they therefore do not
    >support Firebox.
    >

    >In short, I uninstalled both. Numerous problems ensued. On the one hand the
    >following statement:
    >

    >extern cHandle ShellExecute (cHandle, cstring, cstring, cstring, ;
    >
    > cstring, CINT) shell32 from "ShellExecuteA"
    >

    >won't work anymore. I do programming in dBASE Plus and address ShellExecuteA
    >as well as WritePrivateProfileString which is in there.
    >

    >Before when I clicked on highlighted URLs in OE I could invoke a
    >corresponding webpage. It would just come up. Now this capability is gone.
    >The same is true if I touch highlighted text on webpage in Internet
    >Explorer.
    >

    >While looking for newsgroups with Mozilla content I realized that this
    >software is Netscape related. Bad omen! If I knew it in advance I would have
    >never downloaded this garbage. I had trouble with Netscape years ago when I
    >downloaded (purchased) their navigator and everything else stopped working.
    >The malicious developers kill everything in your computer they can possibly
    >find useful. The company should have been taken to task by Elliot Spitzer
    >long ago.
    >

    >I need help. How to restore my ability to address the module I mentioned
    >above? I am sure the ThunderBird or FireFox created my troubles.
    >

    >Thanks

    "I need help." true statement.

    What OS, did you encounter problems with the install, did the
    uninstall go smoothly, etc.. How exactly, did the Ameritrade
    "technicians" help you?

    What convinces you that FF caused the problems? You didn't like the
    themes, or hotmail didn't work the way you expected?

    I've been using Mozilla variant browsers for going on 13 years and
    they are my only browsers FF, Moz, Net . . . far fewer problems with
    malicious web sites, hijacks, Trojans etc.. I did get tired of the
    hotmail warnings that the browser was unsuitable, so ditched hotmail
    years ago.

    default, May 9, 2005
  4. ALEXB

    ALEXB Guest

    "Nigel Stapley" <> wrote in message
    > ALEXB wrote:
    >>

    > Nigel Stapley
    >
    > www.judgemental.plus.com

    You are way too judgmental. Also I doubt you could help even if I praised
    it. Do you think I should have, given the amount of trouble it has given to
    me? Why shall I say anything good about this junk which I suspect is
    designed to create trouble for the users. Look at the number of posts here
    with basic, generic questions: the software does not run with this, breaks
    down with that or breaks down something else.

    People are victimized by the very unscrupulous. The download is free but
    any troubleshooting is not--you have to shell off $40 for a telephone call.
    You cannot reach them by email-- another auspicious sign. Only by sending
    them a letter or by phone. In this era of electronic communications even
    very rotten companies have live on-line chat rooms but not this one.

    I think Elliot Spitzer is missing a great opportunity in here. I should send
    him email tomorrow.

    In the meantime I did regedit and found hundreds of instances of Mozilla
    related keys. And it all after I "uninstalled" this crookest software. The
    registers were infested with this crap.

    My recommendation for uninitiated: STAY AWAY FROM MOZILLA--SUCKS.

    ALEXB, May 9, 2005
  5. ALEXB

    ALEXB Guest

    "default" <> wrote in message

    > What OS, did you encounter problems with the install, did the
    > uninstall go smoothly, etc.. How exactly, did the Ameritrade
    > "technicians" help you?
    >
    > What convinces you that FF caused the problems? You didn't like the
    > themes, or hotmail didn't work the way you expected?
    >
    > I've been using Mozilla variant browsers for going on 13 years and
    > they are my only browsers FF, Moz, Net . . . far fewer problems with
    > malicious web sites, hijacks, Trojans etc.. I did get tired of the
    > hotmail warnings that the browser was unsuitable, so ditched hotmail
    > years ago.

    OS is Win2K Pro. It is a brand new computer, top of the line.

    ALEXB, May 9, 2005
  6. ALEXB

    Doug G Guest

    ALEXB wrote:
    > "Nigel Stapley" <> wrote in message
    >> ALEXB wrote:
    >>>

    >> Nigel Stapley
    >>
    >> www.judgemental.plus.com

    > You are way too judgmental. Also I doubt you could help even if I praised
    > it. Do you think I should have, given the amount of trouble it has given to
    > me? Why shall I say anything good about this junk which I suspect is
    > designed to create trouble for the users. Look at the number of posts here
    > with basic, generic questions: the software does not run with this, breaks
    > down with that or breaks down something else.
    >
    > People are victimized by the very unscrupulous. The download is free but
    > any troubleshooting is not--you have to shell off $40 for a telephone call.
    > You cannot reach them by email-- another auspicious sign. Only by sending
    > them a letter or by phone. In this era of electronic communications even
    > very rotten companies have live on-line chat rooms but not this one.
    >
    > I think Elliot Spitzer is missing a great opportunity in here. I should send
    > him email tomorrow.
    >
    > In the meantime I did regedit and found hundreds of instances of Mozilla
    > related keys. And it all after I "uninstalled" this crookest software. The
    > registers were infested with this crap.
    >
    > My recommendation for uninitiated: STAY AWAY FROM MOZILLA--SUCKS.

    Every version of Netscape and Mozilla I've used has worked fine for me.

    If you expect companies that give away their software to provide free
    tech support, you're living in a dream world.

    Who the hell is Elliot Spitzer?

    Doug G, May 9, 2005
  7. ALEXB

    ALEXB Guest

    "Doug G" <> wrote in message

    > Who the hell is Elliot Spitzer?

    Elliott Spitzer is the NY AG. He has made his name lately by going after
    many corporate crooks, e.g AIG's among others. His name is on the pages of
    every major business publication every single day.

    Now answering your remark that a company offering "free software" have a
    right to charge for troubleshooting of THEIR SOFTWARE is fine with me. I DO
    NOT WANT to pay for fixing MY computer after their supposedly FREE software
    screwed it up beyond recognition. While I had it on my computer it worked OK
    but did not allow me to use my hotmail accounts and offered fewer options
    than Internet Explorer and OE. Besides I did not like the look. I also did
    not like the fact that it quickly became a dominant software controlling
    everything else. If you are using just a browser 30 min a day and send
    emails via their crappy thunderbird it will look perfect to you. I use many
    more functions in my computer. I just want to get rid of it. It criminally
    screwed my computer up beyond recognition and the public should know it.

    ALEXB, May 9, 2005
  8. "ALEXB" <> wrote in message
    > I downloaded Mozilla FireFox and ThunderBird. I found them both
    > unsatisfactory. On the one hand the interface is irritating and not really
    > convenient, on the other hand it does not recognize hotmail. On top of

    that
    > I had other issues and while working with Ameritrade technicians I found

    out
    > that Mozilla do not provide any support for them and they therefore do not
    > support Firebox.
    >

    > In short, I uninstalled both. Numerous problems ensued. On the one hand

    the
    > following statement:

    while I find you are right to badmouth thunderbird, firefox is a very solid,
    fast browser. you can continue to use OE with FF.

    James Atkinson, May 9, 2005
  9. ALEXB

    ALEXB Guest

    "James Atkinson" <> wrote in message

    > "ALEXB" <> wrote in message
    > > I downloaded Mozilla FireFox and ThunderBird. I found them both
    > > unsatisfactory. On the one hand the interface is irritating and not

    really
    > > convenient, on the other hand it does not recognize hotmail. On top of

    > that
    > > I had other issues and while working with Ameritrade technicians I found

    > out
    > > that Mozilla do not provide any support for them and they therefore do

    not
    > > support Firebox.
    > >

    > > In short, I uninstalled both. Numerous problems ensued. On the one hand

    > the
    > > following statement:
    > >

    > while I find you are right to badmouth thunderbird, firefox is a very

    solid,
    > fast browser. you can continue to use OE with FF.

    Maybe. I am not denying that my contact with their software was rather
    superficial but I do not give a damn. The looks irritated me. The IE is just
    fine. I wanted to see what other people were fussing about that's why I
    downloaded the darn thing.

    I do have issues with OE, though. I would like it to have some features it
    lacks. I wanted to see if those might be available in Thunderbird.

    My point is that when a person wants to UNINSTALL this crap he should not
    find themselves enslaved by those unscrupulous crooks who designed it with
    the sole purpose of misleading the public. I did find plenty evidence to it.
    The uninstall did not leave my computer registers the way they were supposed
    to be left--like no Mozilla has ever touched them. Everything is crippled.
    The same happened when years ago I downloaded their Netscape navigator,
    apparently the grandfather of this junk. No wonder Microsoft's IE prevailed,
    now they are trying to get into the market through the back door.

    People should be weary of ever touching this stuff, as I said, unless you
    use your hardware to send a few emails a day and that's it. In this case you
    will be happy with anything.

    Again, in none of my post have I said anything bad about the software in
    specific terms except that I did not like the looks and it wanted to have
    nothing to do with hotmail. That's weird in itself to the point of being
    sickening. They still cannot get over their loss to MS. My problem is with
    what they did to the registers. As I said Elliott Spitzer might be
    interested in it. He just recently indicted a few software executives
    prominent in spreading spyware. His main point was that it got in a way of
    e-commerce. One of the points of indictment was that they offered "free"
    software that had no uninstall features or worked to create impression that
    uninstall was done but in fact it was not. Mozilla does exactly that: it
    cripples e-commerce for any user who downloads it.

    ALEXB, May 9, 2005
  10. On 5/9/2005 12:35 AM, ALEXB said:

    > OS is Win2K Pro. It is a brand new computer, top of the line.

    Same here. Without the calamities. Though I find the assumption that "My
    computer is new, shiny and expensive" equates to "the hardware is
    perfect, and everything plays together nicely" is suspect. One doesn't
    follow from the other. You're just improving the odds a little.

    Have you looked to your antivirus/firewall combo, assuming they're
    installed? Some -- notably McAffee -- can cause major system problems
    without breaking into a sweat. Have you run spyware checks? One little
    trojan can trash your system. However several dozen Mozilla installs
    I've overseen have never caused a security problem.

    David H

    David Harrison, May 9, 2005
  11. ALEXB

    ALEXB Guest

    "David Harrison" <> wrote in message
    > On 5/9/2005 12:35 AM, ALEXB said:
    >
    > > OS is Win2K Pro. It is a brand new computer, top of the line.

    > Same here. Without the calamities. Though I find the assumption that "My
    > computer is new, shiny and expensive" equates to "the hardware is
    > perfect, and everything plays together nicely" is suspect. One doesn't
    > follow from the other. You're just improving the odds a little.
    >
    > Have you looked to your antivirus/firewall combo, assuming they're
    > installed? Some -- notably McAffee -- can cause major system problems
    > without breaking into a sweat. Have you run spyware checks? One little
    > trojan can trash your system. However several dozen Mozilla installs
    > I've overseen have never caused a security problem.

    How about UNINSTALLS? This is what I am talking about. Are you deaf? Have I
    ever said that I had a problem with allowing this crap in? NO. I had no
    problem with install.

    I never mentioned any security problems either. I has not come to it. One of
    the reasons your Mozilla does not have many is that it is not so widely
    used, so not too many hackers have focused on it yet. Just this morning I
    saw a post of a major security vulnerability with Mozilla. I am sure there
    is more to come. It is none of my business, however. I want to GET RID of
    it, period and it crippled my computer. It is not a security problem. It is
    a criminal behavior by the developers, an intentional neglect to revert the
    registers to the native state after the software is supposedly uninstalled.

    The lame excuse of blaming their problems you've created on spyware and
    antiviral package is so common that causes me to yawn. I do have ZoneAlarm.
    I hope you cannot find any mysterious flaws with it. It works perfectly and
    has had for three months now. I do have Spybot Search & Destroy and I run it
    and on a regular basis. I do not roam the Internet for juicy stuff. It is
    all down to business. The places I visit are all monitored by the ZoneAlarm,
    they are well known and reputable.

    Your lecture to run spyware checks, etc. is naughty. Read my posts and take
    care of your shitty software.

    ALEXB, May 9, 2005
  12. On 5/9/2005 11:22 AM, ALEXB said:

    > How about UNINSTALLS? This is what I am talking about. Are you deaf? Have I
    > ever said that I had a problem with allowing this crap in? NO. I had no
    > problem with install.

    With all due respect, go **** yourself. If you want help, ask. If you
    want to be told to stick your head up your ass and suck the chunks out,
    continue with your current attitude.

    Have a pleasant adolescence.

    David Harrison, May 9, 2005
  13. ALEXB

    Roland Guest

    On 8-5-2005 23:29, ALEXB wrote:

    > I downloaded Mozilla FireFox and ThunderBird. I found them both
    > unsatisfactory. On the one hand the interface is irritating and not really
    > convenient, on the other hand it does not recognize hotmail. On top of that
    > I had other issues and while working with Ameritrade technicians I found out
    > that Mozilla do not provide any support for them and they therefore do not
    > support Firebox.
    >

    > In short, I uninstalled both. Numerous problems ensued. On the one hand the
    > following statement:
    >

    > extern cHandle ShellExecute (cHandle, cstring, cstring, cstring, ;
    >
    > cstring, CINT) shell32 from "ShellExecuteA"
    >

    > won't work anymore. I do programming in dBASE Plus and address ShellExecuteA
    > as well as WritePrivateProfileString which is in there.
    >

    > Before when I clicked on highlighted URLs in OE I could invoke a
    > corresponding webpage. It would just come up. Now this capability is gone.
    > The same is true if I touch highlighted text on webpage in Internet
    > Explorer.
    >

    > While looking for newsgroups with Mozilla content I realized that this
    > software is Netscape related. Bad omen! If I knew it in advance I would have
    > never downloaded this garbage. I had trouble with Netscape years ago when I
    > downloaded (purchased) their navigator and everything else stopped working.
    > The malicious developers kill everything in your computer they can possibly
    > find useful. The company should have been taken to task by Elliot Spitzer
    > long ago.
    >

    > I need help. How to restore my ability to address the module I mentioned
    > above? I am sure the ThunderBird or FireFox created my troubles.
    >

    > Thanks

    Don't panic.

    Maybe the default webbrowser and email client need to be adjusted.

    Try Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs -> Set
    Program Access and Defaults and select the programs you want.

    Also check the programs in Start -> Settings -> Control Panel ->
    Internet Options -> Programs.
    --
    Regards,

    Roland de Ruiter
    ___ ___
    /__/ w_/ /__/
    / \ /_/ / \

    Roland, May 9, 2005
  14. ALEXB

    xModem Guest

    On Mon, 9 May 2005 06:22:57 -0400, "ALEXB" <> wrote:

    >"David Harrison" <> wrote in message
    >> On 5/9/2005 12:35 AM, ALEXB said:
    >>
    >> > OS is Win2K Pro. It is a brand new computer, top of the line.

    >> Same here. Without the calamities. Though I find the assumption that "My
    >> computer is new, shiny and expensive" equates to "the hardware is
    >> perfect, and everything plays together nicely" is suspect. One doesn't
    >> follow from the other. You're just improving the odds a little.
    >>
    >> Have you looked to your antivirus/firewall combo, assuming they're
    >> installed? Some -- notably McAffee -- can cause major system problems
    >> without breaking into a sweat. Have you run spyware checks? One little
    >> trojan can trash your system. However several dozen Mozilla installs
    >> I've overseen have never caused a security problem.

    >How about UNINSTALLS? This is what I am talking about. Are you deaf? Have I
    >ever said that I had a problem with allowing this crap in? NO. I had no
    >problem with install.

    This is not a problem unique to Mozilla. If you've used computers any length
    of time, you'd know that uninstalling a major application _rarely_ removes all
    of its registry entries. Two shining examples:

    The MS Office '97 uninstall was so poor that, after many complaints, Microsoft
    had to come up with a standalone version that could do the job properly.

    I purchased Acronis TrueImage, as an alternative to Ghost, to image my hard
    drive. When I uninstalled it, it not only did it not remove either of its
    directories, it left a wide assortment of registry keys. An email to Acronis
    provided a link to detailed instructions, and an additional .exe file to
    assist in the removal. When even that failed to remove 3 major registry
    entries that were still active, and therefore undeletable, I emailed them
    again. I'm currently waiting for Acronis developers to provide me with a
    solution.

    xModem, May 9, 2005
  15. ALEXB

    > On 5/9/2005 11:22 AM, ALEXB said:
    >
    > > How about UNINSTALLS? This is what I am talking about. Are you deaf?

    Have I
    > > ever said that I had a problem with allowing this crap in? NO. I had no
    > > problem with install.

    > With all due respect, go **** yourself. If you want help, ask. If you
    > want to be told to stick your head up your ass and suck the chunks out,
    > continue with your current attitude.
    >
    > Have a pleasant adolescence.

    Read my posts I asked for help. All I've so far is not what I can use to
    solve the problem.

    ALEXB, May 9, 2005
  16. ALEXB

    ALEXB Guest

    "xModem" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 9 May 2005 06:22:57 -0400, "ALEXB" <> wrote:

    > This is not a problem unique to Mozilla.

    I know it all too well. it is hard to expect to get all traces of any
    package removed completely. I have done uninstalls hundred times in the
    past.

    The problem Modzilla has created is UNIQUE. They set their keys in such a
    way that no return to previous functions is possible. ShellExecute does not
    work. HTML pages do not open unless it is directly in IE. I have to work on
    it this morning wasting my time.

    ALEXB, May 9, 2005
  17. ALEXB

    default Guest

    On Sun, 8 May 2005 19:31:21 -0400, "ALEXB" <>
    wrote:

    >"Nigel Stapley" <> wrote in message
    >> ALEXB wrote:
    >>>

    >> Nigel Stapley
    >>
    >> www.judgemental.plus.com

    >You are way too judgmental. Also I doubt you could help even if I praised
    >it. Do you think I should have, given the amount of trouble it has given to
    >me? Why shall I say anything good about this junk which I suspect is
    >designed to create trouble for the users. Look at the number of posts here
    >with basic, generic questions: the software does not run with this, breaks
    >down with that or breaks down something else.

    You are being judgmental yourself - but we all are so that's nothing
    new. A lot of us use this software day in and day out with no or
    minor problems. Logic would suggest that there is something unique
    about the system, or software it is being run on, that is causing
    problems. Some interaction. (will you grant me that much?)

    What you are saying is that the install went well - the software
    functioned, you removed it (HOW?) and now have a system problem, or
    have a browser problem (WHICH?)

    >People are victimized by the very unscrupulous. The download is free but
    >any troubleshooting is not--you have to shell off $40 for a telephone call.
    >You cannot reach them by email-- another auspicious sign. Only by sending
    >them a letter or by phone. In this era of electronic communications even
    >very rotten companies have live on-line chat rooms but not this one.

    You're going off half-cocked here. People are "victimized" by the
    scrupulous and unscrupulous alike, we call it capitalism. It is a
    system that really sucks (big time) in my opinion; BUT it does tap
    into one of the few motivations that make people productive - greed.
    It is imperfect, it sucks, but it is the way humans are. Blame
    evolution or the Creator there.

    There are lots of people using this software that have the ability to
    help you. It would be in your best interest to try and approach the
    problem like any other computer problem - use logical troubleshooting.
    Leave the invective behind, leave your prejudices behind, concentrate
    on solving the problem.

    What, life with computers was perfect until Mozilla came along? You
    feel cheated somehow? Hey, most of us deal with real computer
    problems day in and day out. Someday computers will evolve, assuming
    we don't annihilate ourselves first, until then we have to deal with
    each problem as it comes along.

    >I think Elliot Spitzer is missing a great opportunity in here. I should send
    >him email tomorrow.

    Don't expect the government to fix your problems; the government is a
    problem. Elliot may be a good guy or may just be another politician
    getting a name for himself - time will tell there. Sure, send him an
    email if it makes you feel better. Better yet, send your harangue to
    him, and give this group some facts to work with.

    Like Elliot is just sitting there waiting to jump all over a
    "corporation" (not) with next to zilch for assets, so he can bolster
    the profits of a mega malicious corporation like Microsucks? Hmm.
    One do wonder what you are thinking there.

    >In the meantime I did regedit and found hundreds of instances of Mozilla
    >related keys. And it all after I "uninstalled" this crookest software. The
    >registers were infested with this crap.

    MY GOODNESS! the registry is "infested" with the uninstalled software?
    you say? Every piece of software you install will leave its traces in
    the registry - blame M$ for that if you have to blame someone, or
    learn to use the registry and learn to use a registry cleaner. Other
    than wasting space on the system and possibly slowing it a little the
    registry entries software leaves behind don't hurt anything - under
    normal circumstances.

    >My recommendation for uninitiated: STAY AWAY FROM MOZILLA--SUCKS.

    And what, go back to the problems with IE? You are posting to
    alt.FAN.Mozilla this name would seem to imply people who like Moz . .
    .. and you dump on it here. Not logical. You are lucky to get a
    response with troll bait like that.

    Think logical, drop the anti moz invective, post facts.

    default, May 9, 2005
  18. ALEXB

    Doug G Guest

    ALEXB wrote:

    > "xModem" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 9 May 2005 06:22:57 -0400, "ALEXB" <> wrote:

    >> This is not a problem unique to Mozilla.

    > I know it all too well. it is hard to expect to get all traces of any
    > package removed completely. I have done uninstalls hundred times in the
    > past.
    >
    > The problem Modzilla has created is UNIQUE. They set their keys in such a
    > way that no return to previous functions is possible. ShellExecute does not
    > work. HTML pages do not open unless it is directly in IE. I have to work on
    > it this morning wasting my time.

    Does your operating system have System Restore or something similar?

    Doug G, May 9, 2005
  19. On 2005-05-08, ALEXB <> wrote:

    > You are way too judgmental. Also I doubt you could help even if I praised
    > it. Do you think I should have, given the amount of trouble it has given to
    > me? Why shall I say anything good about this junk which I suspect is
    > designed to create trouble for the users. Look at the number of posts here
    > with basic, generic questions: the software does not run with this, breaks
    > down with that or breaks down something else.

    You didn't do a backup before installing all that new software?

    That's not Mozilla's fault...

    --

    -John ()

    John Thompson, May 9, 2005

  20. > ALEXB wrote:

    >> "Nigel Stapley" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> ALEXB wrote:
    >>>

    >>> Nigel Stapley
    >>>
    >>> www.judgemental.plus.com

    >> You are way too judgmental. Also I doubt you could help even if I
    >> praised
    >> it.

    So now you switch from insulting the software to insulting me. Kewl....

    >>Do you think I should have, given the amount of trouble it has
    >> given to
    >> me? Why shall I say anything good about this junk which I suspect is
    >> designed to create trouble for the users.

    Never assume malice when carelessness could explain it.

    >>Look at the number of posts
    >> here
    >> with basic, generic questions: the software does not run with this,
    >> breaks
    >> down with that or breaks down something else.

    Have you never heard of Microsoft? Or Symantec? Or ZoneAlarm? No
    software works ideally with every possible permutation of hardware and
    other software. This is the real world, cully: get used to it.

    >> People are victimized by the very unscrupulous.

    You're bad-mouthing again. WTH gives you the right to claim (or strongly
    imply) that a) the fault is with the software and b) the faults are
    deliberately engineered in to create trouble?

    >>The download is free but
    >> any troubleshooting is not--you have to shell off $40 for a telephone
    >> call.
    >> You cannot reach them by email-- another auspicious sign. Only by sending
    >> them a letter or by phone. In this era of electronic communications even
    >> very rotten companies have live on-line chat rooms but not this one.

    A Usenet forum is good enough for most things: including this.

    >> I think Elliot Spitzer is missing a great opportunity in here. I
    >> should send
    >> him email tomorrow.

    Sure, what will you want for it - a Congressional Medal?

    >> In the meantime I did regedit and found hundreds of instances of Mozilla
    >> related keys. And it all after I "uninstalled" this crookest software.

    Again with the insults.

    >> The
    >> registers were infested with this crap.

    See "Symantec" (above).

    >> My recommendation for uninitiated: STAY AWAY FROM MOZILLA--SUCKS.

    I had bad experiences with the old Netscape browser. I didn't hurl the
    toys out of the playpen. I just (*quietly*) went somewhere else. (This
    is what we experts call a 'hint').

    --
    Regards

    Nigel Stapley