    Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
    Pentium(R) D CPU 3.20GHz
    3.50 GB of RAM

    whitzombi, Jun 7, 2006

  2. whitzombi wrote:

    > Why does Thunderbird ask me this every time I open it. "Do you want to
    > use Mozilla Thunderbird as the default mail application?" ? I always
    > select yes and I check the box marked "Do not display this dialog
    > again. Is this a bug or what? Im usig version 1.5.0.2 (20060308)

    Try opening the Options and checking the box for it:

    Tools > Options > General
    "Make Thunderbird the default application for:"

    [X] Mail [ ] News [ ] RSS feeds

    Click OK, close Thunderbird, and restart it. Did it stick? This works
    fine for me with both 1.0.7 and the newly released 1.5.0.4

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 7, 2006

  3. whitzombi

    Jim Scott Guest

    On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 13:57:17 GMT, whitzombi wrote:

    > Why does Thunderbird ask me this every time I open it. "Do you want to
    > use Mozilla Thunderbird as the default mail application?" ? I always
    > select yes and I check the box marked "Do not display this dialog
    > again. Is this a bug or what? Im usig version 1.5.0.2 (20060308)

    If you use Outlook (Office one) in between using T'bird, it can switch you
    back without asking.
    --
    Jim
    Tyneside UK

    Jim Scott, Jun 7, 2006
  4. whitzombi

    Gaoler Guest

    whitzombi wrote:
    > Why does Thunderbird ask me this every time I open it. "Do you want to
    > use Mozilla Thunderbird as the default mail application?" ? I always
    > select yes and I check the box marked "Do not display this dialog
    > again. Is this a bug or what? Im usig version 1.5.0.2 (20060308)
    > --
    > Who needs a signature!!
    > Windows XP Professional
    > Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
    > Pentium(R) D CPU 3.20GHz
    > 3.50 GB of RAM

    Try version 1.5.0.4.

    I use it and have not had that problem.

    --
    Person who run in front of car get tired.
    Person who run behind car get exhausted.

    Gaoler, Jun 7, 2006
  5. whitzombi

    whitzombi Guest

    On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 15:13:38 GMT, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    <> wrote:
    I have mail, news, and rss feeds selected as default application
    already, so thats not the problem. Thanks anyway.

    whitzombi, Jun 8, 2006
  6. whitzombi

    whitzombi Guest

    On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 14:51:17 -0500, Gaoler <> wrote:
    I upgraded to 1.5.0.4 and it still asks if I want thunderbird as
    default application. I know its not a big problem, its just annoying
    to have it ask everytime I open the program.

    whitzombi, Jun 8, 2006
  7. whitzombi wrote:

    > I upgraded to 1.5.0.4 and it still asks if I want thunderbird as
    > default application. I know its not a big problem, its just annoying
    > to have it ask everytime I open the program.

    'Tis really weird.

    How about if... close Thunderbird. Start Outlook Distress, go to its
    options and tell OE you want it to be your default email client, and
    save the option. Then close it. Now, open Thunderbird, go directly to
    the options, check the boxes for it to be default, close it. Reopen.
    What happens?

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 8, 2006
  8. whitzombi

    whitzombi Guest

    On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 23:50:15 GMT, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    <> wrote:

    >whitzombi wrote:
    >
    >> I upgraded to 1.5.0.4 and it still asks if I want thunderbird as
    >> default application. I know its not a big problem, its just annoying
    >> to have it ask everytime I open the program.

    >'Tis really weird.
    >
    >How about if... close Thunderbird. Start Outlook Distress, go to its
    >options and tell OE you want it to be your default email client, and
    >save the option. Then close it. Now, open Thunderbird, go directly to
    >the options, check the boxes for it to be default, close it. Reopen.
    >What happens?

    Your suggestion worked, thanks.

    whitzombi, Jun 8, 2006
  9. whitzombi wrote:

    > On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 23:50:15 GMT, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> whitzombi wrote:
    >>
    >>> I upgraded to 1.5.0.4 and it still asks if I want thunderbird as
    >>> default application. I know its not a big problem, its just
    >>> annoying to have it ask everytime I open the program.

    >> 'Tis really weird.
    >>
    >> How about if... close Thunderbird. Start Outlook Distress, go to its
    >> options and tell OE you want it to be your default email client, and
    >> save the option. Then close it. Now, open Thunderbird, go directly
    >> to the options, check the boxes for it to be default, close it.
    >> Reopen. What happens?

    > Your suggestion worked, thanks.

    Whoopie! Heh, it had to be something easy... let's blame it on OE.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 9, 2006