    sending each message when I finish it rather than waiting for a "send
    and receive" command as in OE.

    Can anyone help please?

    Livewire, Aug 24, 2005

  2. Livewire

    Gordon Guest

    "Livewire" <> wrote in message
    news:
    > I've just started to use Thunderbird for my email.
    >
    > I must be going stupid, but I can't see a way of stopping it from
    > sending each message when I finish it rather than waiting for a "send
    > and receive" command as in OE.
    >
    > Can anyone help please?

    Two solutions - either work in Offline mode, (File-Work Offline) or in the
    Compose screen, instead of ckicking on Send, click on File-Send later.
    Unless you are on dial-up, does it matter whether it sends immediately or
    not?

    Gordon, Aug 24, 2005

  3. Livewire

    Livewire Guest

    In article <>,
    lid says...
    > "Livewire" <> wrote in message
    > > I've just started to use Thunderbird for my email.
    > >
    > > I must be going stupid, but I can't see a way of stopping it from
    > > sending each message when I finish it rather than waiting for a "send
    > > and receive" command as in OE.
    > >
    > > Can anyone help please?

    > Two solutions - either work in Offline mode, (File-Work Offline) or in the
    > Compose screen, instead of ckicking on Send, click on File-Send later.
    > Unless you are on dial-up, does it matter whether it sends immediately or
    > not?

    Thanks for that; the file-send later is just what I need.

    As to why, I often send huge files -- high-res TIFFs -- as attachments.
    It's easier if they go when I'm not trying to upload/download anything
    else.

    Livewire, Aug 24, 2005
  4. Livewire

    Gordon Guest

    "Livewire" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > lid says...
    >> "Livewire" <> wrote in message
    >>> I've just started to use Thunderbird for my email.
    >>>
    >>> I must be going stupid, but I can't see a way of stopping it from
    >>> sending each message when I finish it rather than waiting for a
    >>> "send and receive" command as in OE.
    >>>
    >>> Can anyone help please?

    >> Two solutions - either work in Offline mode, (File-Work Offline) or
    >> in the Compose screen, instead of ckicking on Send, click on
    >> File-Send later. Unless you are on dial-up, does it matter whether
    >> it sends immediately or not?
    >>

    > Thanks for that; the file-send later is just what I need.
    >
    > As to why, I often send huge files -- high-res TIFFs -- as
    > attachments. It's easier if they go when I'm not trying to
    > upload/download anything else.

    You're welcome - I once worked for a company (no names no packdrill but if
    you're old enough and in the UK - and I see you are from your ISP - we use
    that one at home as well! it was the one mentioned in the Campari
    adverts....) and the mail server was clogged up solid for THREE days by one
    of the designers sending HUGE great graphics files....!

    Gordon, Aug 24, 2005
  5. Livewire

    Livewire Guest

    In article <>,
    lid says...
    > "Livewire" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <>,
    > > lid says...
    > >> "Livewire" <> wrote in message

    > >> Two solutions - either work in Offline mode, (File-Work Offline) or
    > >> in the Compose screen, instead of ckicking on Send, click on
    > >> File-Send later. Unless you are on dial-up, does it matter whether
    > >> it sends immediately or not?
    > >>

    > > Thanks for that; the file-send later is just what I need.
    > >
    > > As to why, I often send huge files -- high-res TIFFs -- as
    > > attachments. It's easier if they go when I'm not trying to
    > > upload/download anything else.

    > You're welcome - I once worked for a company (no names no packdrill but if
    > you're old enough and in the UK - and I see you are from your ISP - we use
    > that one at home as well! it was the one mentioned in the Campari
    > adverts....) and the mail server was clogged up solid for THREE days by one
    > of the designers sending HUGE great graphics files....!

    I sympathise. Broadband helps hugely, but it can still be a hassle.

    Livewire, Aug 24, 2005