Mozilla + Thunderbird IMAP failure

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Halfgaar, Jul 12, 2004.

  1. Halfgaar

    Halfgaar Guest

    Hi,

    I've got a problem with IMAP on Thunderbird versions 0.5, 0.6 and
    Mozilla 1.6-r1. The problem is, that when I've selected two or three
    folders, there is no more communication with the server. This means
    that when no indexfiles have been built for a folder yet, that I can't
    see the contents of that folder anymore. I have to restart Thunderbird
    to re-enable proper server-communications. When this error has
    occurred, other applications, like Squirrelmail webmail, can't access
    the IMAP server either anymore, until I exit Thunderbird. If I use
    KMail (for example) instead of Thunderbird, everything works fine,
    inculding concurrent access with Kmail and Squirrelmail. I've tried
    setting the "maximum number of server-connections to cache" to 500, it
    didn't help.

    System info:
    OS: Linux
    Kernel: 2.4.26
    IMAP-server: courier 3.0.2
    Thunderbird versions tested: 0.5 and 0.6
    Mozilla version tested: 1.6-r1

    Anybody got any ideas?

    --
    To send me, Halfgaar, email, remove remove from my email address.

    Halfgaar, Jul 12, 2004