    Hi,

    I want to change the default mail storage folder of each account
    separately in Mozilla Thunderbird. Is this possible?

    Boomerang, Oct 23, 2003

  2. Boomerang wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to change the default mail storage folder of each account
    > separately in Mozilla Thunderbird. Is this possible?

    Hello!

    I have this problem too and I would like to know how to change the Mozilla default directory.

    Marcus

    Marcus B. Ribeiro, Oct 23, 2003

  3. Boomerang

    Jez Guest

    On 23/10/2003 15:56, Boomerang wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to change the default mail storage folder of each account
    > separately in Mozilla Thunderbird. Is this possible?

    Yes, move the mail folders from C:\Documents and Settings\Your
    Name\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\default\xxxxxxx.slt to your
    new folders.

    Then go to Tools>Account Settings>Server Settings and change the Local
    Directory path for each account. If you can't see this setting, enlarge
    the Account Settings window.

    Jez

    Jez, Oct 23, 2003
  4. OK! Thanks.

    Marcus

    Marcus B. Ribeiro, Oct 24, 2003
  5. Netscape in two places (was Re: [Mozilla Thunderbird] How can I changethe default storage folder?)

    Boomerang wrote:
    > I want to change the default mail storage folder of each account
    > separately in Mozilla Thunderbird. Is this possible?

    I'd like to do this, too... but it's a bit more complicated.

    I'm running Netscape 7.1 under Win98SE, and also on the same PC under
    RedHat linux 9. Under linux, I have the Windows partition mounted at
    /fat32.

    What I'd like to do is keep my data on the Windows partition, and when I
    load up Netscape in linux I'd like to be accessing the same folders.
    I've edited the server settings on the Mozilla side and plugged in the
    correct path for the WIN folder. Then I exit Netscape and restart it,
    and NO folders show up under that account. There's no Inbox, even.

    So obviously I've messed something up. What?

    And how closely can I bind these two instances of NS7.1? Netscape
    Registry? Local Folders? Other aspects? Since this is a dual-boot
    setup, obviously I'm not going to have two instances of Netscape
    accessing this stuff at the same time.

    --
    Gordon S. Hlavenka O-
    Burma!