    Can anyone point me to a good/relevant forum/newsgroup for newbies?

    Looking for set-up and function tweaks etc..

    TAI
    Southern Kiwi, Nov 8, 2006

  2. Southern Kiwi

    EMB Guest

    Southern Kiwi wrote:
    > Trying this software.
    >
    > Can anyone point me to a good/relevant forum/newsgroup for newbies?
    >
    > Looking for set-up and function tweaks etc..

    Add mnenhy from http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/

    It gives better header viewing, custome headers and encoders/decoders
    for messages (ROT-13 et al).

    --
    EMB
    EMB, Nov 8, 2006

  3. Southern Kiwi

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 08:11:32 +1300, in message <>,
    Southern Kiwi wrote:

    > Trying this software.
    >
    > Can anyone point me to a good/relevant forum/newsgroup for newbies?

    Server = news.mozilla.org (The Mozilla news server)
    newsgroup = mozilla.support.thunderbird (only on news.mozilla.org)

    Ralph Fox, Nov 10, 2006
  4. Southern Kiwi

    Mike Dee Guest

    Ralph Fox <> wrote in

    >> Can anyone point me to a good/relevant forum/newsgroup for newbies?

    > Server = news.mozilla.org (The Mozilla news server)
    > newsgroup = mozilla.support.thunderbird (only on news.mozilla.org)

    Not strictly "only on news.mozilla.org" a few, other than mozilla.org
    news providers carry the mozilla heirarchy too, including the above
    t'bird support NG. Such as the free news provider aioe.org

    --
    dee
    Mike Dee, Nov 11, 2006
  5. Southern Kiwi

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 00:12:36 +0000 (UTC), in message <Xns98787208F9B7Femteedee@85.214.50.93>,
    Mike Dee wrote:

    > Ralph Fox <> wrote in
    >
    > >> Can anyone point me to a good/relevant forum/newsgroup for newbies?

    > > Server = news.mozilla.org (The Mozilla news server)
    > > newsgroup = mozilla.support.thunderbird (only on news.mozilla.org)

    > Not strictly "only on news.mozilla.org" a few, other than mozilla.org
    > news providers carry the mozilla heirarchy too, including the above
    > t'bird support NG. Such as the free news provider aioe.org

    Those other servers have an (unauthorised) one way "suck" feed.

    You may be able to read OK on those other servers.

    But if you post questions there, then your message won't get back
    to the Mozilla.org server where the people who can help are reading.

    Your choice.

    Like it or not, the mozilla folks set this up operate like
    a company news server (not peered & distributed across usenet),

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    "Curiosity skilled the cat."