    and enter the appropriate information within the program?

    Thanks.

    Aaron

    AJPDLA, Apr 4, 2006

  2. AJPDLA wrote:
    > Can someone please help me out here. For a while Thunderbird was
    > working fine, normally, for me. Now, for some reason I can no longer
    > get this program to automatically enter the email addresses and the
    > subjects when I click on an email link from a webpage.
    >
    > I think I updated the program at one time and all of a sudden this
    > "feature" ceased to work.
    >
    > Can someone please tell me how to get Thunderbird to capture email
    > links and enter the appropriate information within the program?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Aaron

    From your header it appears you are using Thunderbird 1.5 on a Windows
    platform. Is this correct? You really should mention this in the text <g>

    Can you provide a link to a site where you experience this problem -
    there may be other issues than just Thunderbird and it helps to check it
    out.

    Have you tried a new profile as a test?

    Moz Champion (Dan), Apr 4, 2006

    Hendrik Maryns, Apr 5, 2006
  4. AJPDLA

    AJPDLA Guest

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > AJPDLA wrote:
    >> Can someone please help me out here. For a while Thunderbird was
    >> working fine, normally, for me. Now, for some reason I can no longer
    >> get this program to automatically enter the email addresses and the
    >> subjects when I click on an email link from a webpage.
    >>
    >> I think I updated the program at one time and all of a sudden this
    >> "feature" ceased to work.
    >>
    >> Can someone please tell me how to get Thunderbird to capture email
    >> links and enter the appropriate information within the program?
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> Aaron

    > From your header it appears you are using Thunderbird 1.5 on a Windows
    > platform. Is this correct? You really should mention this in the text <g>
    >
    > Can you provide a link to a site where you experience this problem -
    > there may be other issues than just Thunderbird and it helps to check it
    > out.
    >
    > Have you tried a new profile as a test?

    Sorry. Yes, I am on Windows XP, running Thunderbird AND Firefox. I am
    having problems capturing and also even now sending links through the
    emailer, as well.

    Any site on cragslist.org will cause the problem as well as many others.

    I will try the new profile you mention.

    Thanks all.

    Aaron

    AJPDLA, Apr 8, 2006
  5. AJPDLA

    Jedi Fans Guest

    On 08/04/06 17:34, AJPDLA Scribbled:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> AJPDLA wrote:
    >>> Can someone please help me out here. For a while Thunderbird was
    >>> working fine, normally, for me. Now, for some reason I can no longer
    >>> get this program to automatically enter the email addresses and the
    >>> subjects when I click on an email link from a webpage.
    >>>
    >>> I think I updated the program at one time and all of a sudden this
    >>> "feature" ceased to work.
    >>>
    >>> Can someone please tell me how to get Thunderbird to capture email
    >>> links and enter the appropriate information within the program?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.
    >>>
    >>> Aaron

    >> From your header it appears you are using Thunderbird 1.5 on a
    >> Windows platform. Is this correct? You really should mention this in
    >> the text <g>
    >>
    >> Can you provide a link to a site where you experience this problem -
    >> there may be other issues than just Thunderbird and it helps to check
    >> it out.
    >>
    >> Have you tried a new profile as a test?

    > Sorry. Yes, I am on Windows XP, running Thunderbird AND Firefox. I am
    > having problems capturing and also even now sending links through the
    > emailer, as well.
    >
    > Any site on cragslist.org will cause the problem as well as many others.
    >
    > I will try the new profile you mention.
    >
    > Thanks all.
    >
    > Aaron

    Within Firefox, type about:config into the location bar and hit
    enter/Go.
    Filter for "app.mailto" no quotation marks. If nothing is found,
    right click in the area where the results should appear, select
    new>string
    For "preference name" you want "network.protocol-handler.app.mailto"
    with the value being the path to thunderbird.exe [for example
    "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird\thunderbird.exe"

    --
    Hope This Helped and MTFBWY...
    Kieren aka JediFans - <url:http://jedifans.com/>

    Jedi Fans, Apr 12, 2006