    Downloads: <http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/all.html>

    (truncated copy of a posting in the mozilla.support.thunderbird
    newsgroup on the news.mozilla.org news server)
    joe_90, Jan 12, 2006

  2. joe_90

    EMB Guest

    joe_90 wrote:
    > Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5 is the first major Thunderbird release since
    > 1.0.

    Thanks joe

    --
    EMB
    EMB, Jan 12, 2006

  3. joe_90

    JC Guest

    "joe_90" <joe_90_remove@nospam_myhttpmail.com> wrote in message
    > Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5 is the first major Thunderbird release since 1.0.
    > While all the 1.0.x releases were based on the Mozilla 1.7 platform, this
    > is the first Thunderbird release to use the Mozilla 1.8 platform. This
    > means that in additions to stability and security fixes, it contains new
    > features, and performance improvements.
    >
    > Downloads: <http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/all.html>
    >
    > (truncated copy of a posting in the mozilla.support.thunderbird newsgroup
    > on the news.mozilla.org news server)

    Am I the only one finding it slow? Im on an AMD Athlon 2600+ with 512mb Ram.
    It runs like a dog with three legs. Does anyone have the previous installer
    they can send me?
    JC, Jan 12, 2006
  4. joe_90

    JC Guest

    JC wrote:
    > "joe_90" <joe_90_remove@nospam_myhttpmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5 is the first major Thunderbird release since 1.0.
    >> While all the 1.0.x releases were based on the Mozilla 1.7 platform, this
    >> is the first Thunderbird release to use the Mozilla 1.8 platform. This
    >> means that in additions to stability and security fixes, it contains new
    >> features, and performance improvements.
    >>
    >> Downloads: <http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/all.html>
    >>
    >> (truncated copy of a posting in the mozilla.support.thunderbird newsgroup
    >> on the news.mozilla.org news server)

    > Am I the only one finding it slow? Im on an AMD Athlon 2600+ with 512mb Ram.
    > It runs like a dog with three legs. Does anyone have the previous installer
    > they can send me?

    Forget that, it was the extensions causing problems.
    JC, Jan 12, 2006
  5. joe_90

    David Guest

    joe_90 wrote:
    > Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5 is the first major Thunderbird release since
    > 1.0. While all the 1.0.x releases were based on the Mozilla 1.7
    > platform, this is the first Thunderbird release to use the Mozilla 1.8
    > platform. This means that in additions to stability and security fixes,
    > it contains new features, and performance improvements.
    >
    > Downloads: <http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/all.html>
    >
    > (truncated copy of a posting in the mozilla.support.thunderbird
    > newsgroup on the news.mozilla.org news server)

    Hmm, just installed it, it opened up, showed looked exactly the same as
    the old version, functioned exactly the same, until I got to writing
    this message, its underlining everything I type in red. Some sort of
    spell checker that doesnt understand english? I'm off to investigate.
    David, Jan 14, 2006
  6. joe_90

    David Guest

    David wrote:
    > joe_90 wrote:
    >> Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5 is the first major Thunderbird release since
    >> 1.0. While all the 1.0.x releases were based on the Mozilla 1.7
    >> platform, this is the first Thunderbird release to use the Mozilla 1.8
    >> platform. This means that in additions to stability and security
    >> fixes, it contains new features, and performance improvements.
    >>
    >> Downloads: <http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/all.html>
    >>
    >> (truncated copy of a posting in the mozilla.support.thunderbird
    >> newsgroup on the news.mozilla.org news server)

    > Hmm, just installed it, it opened up, showed looked exactly the same as
    > the old version, functioned exactly the same, until I got to writing
    > this message, its underlining everything I type in red. Some sort of
    > spell checker that doesnt understand english? I'm off to investigate.

    Restarting it fixed the problem. This could be handy (drag it into the
    extensions window):
    http://downloads.mozdev.org/dictionaries/spell-en-NZ.xpi
    David, Jan 14, 2006
  7. joe_90

    gimp Guest

    same here, goto options > composition > uncheck "spell as you type" :)
    gimp, Jan 14, 2006
  8. On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 21:31:46 +1300, David <> wrote in

    > David wrote:
    >> joe_90 wrote:
    >>> Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5 is the first major Thunderbird release since
    >>> 1.0. While all the 1.0.x releases were based on the Mozilla 1.7
    >>> platform, this is the first Thunderbird release to use the Mozilla 1.8
    >>> platform. This means that in additions to stability and security
    >>> fixes, it contains new features, and performance improvements.
    >>>
    >>> Downloads: <http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/all.html>
    >>>
    >>> (truncated copy of a posting in the mozilla.support.thunderbird
    >>> newsgroup on the news.mozilla.org news server)

    >> Hmm, just installed it, it opened up, showed looked exactly the same as
    >> the old version, functioned exactly the same, until I got to writing
    >> this message, its underlining everything I type in red. Some sort of
    >> spell checker that doesnt understand english? I'm off to investigate.

    > Restarting it fixed the problem. This could be handy (drag it into the
    > extensions window):
    > http://downloads.mozdev.org/dictionaries/spell-en-NZ.xpi

    I tried a previous version and rejected it because it didn't come up to
    the standard of 40tude Dialog. This version is a lot better in many wats,
    but what killed it for me is that it STILL cannot handle yEnc attachments
    natively. Sorry, rejected again.

    --
    Regards,
    Nicolaas.

    Pricelessware 2006 CD now available.
    E-Mail for details: raptor740.gmail@com (swap "." and "@")

    .... Vole Light - All the flavour of voles, only half the calories, and
    none of the fur, teeth, or claws.
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Jan 14, 2006